Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LIwordnerd

Exciting news!

My boyfriend of 8 years took me to Newport, RI last Thursday for a couple of nights. I thought it was a spur-of-the-moment, unplanned mini-vacation. So I was quite surprised when he took me to Forty Steps on Friday morning and asked me to marry him.

Fortunately, I recovered enough to say yes. Smile

Guest Guest
Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Guest Guest
How awesome! Congratulations! Are you busy making wedding plans now?

Guest Guest
Congratulations, wishing you many wonderful years together!

Awesomeness! I love when people fall in love!! Congratulations to the both of you!!!

Guest Guest

WooHoo!!!!! That is awesome news Lori...Congrats! Jump

Thank you everybody! We are very excited Smile

The wedding will be sometime in 2014 (we're thinking late May, early June). My brother is getting married next May and my future sister-in-law and I are each other's maids of honor. So I don't either of us to be distracted from the other's day because of our own.

This also gives Kevin and me time to enjoy just being engaged for a bit. Once summer rolls around and we move in together (July 3rd!!!), we'll jump on the planning. Crazy

Congrats, Lori! Awww LoveAwww LoveAwww Love

I got married last January and I think it's great that you and your future sister-in-law will have time to take care of your own wedding without worrying about each others Smile My brother-in-law is getting married in July and I just can't stand how much people are comparing our wedding with his...

Thank you all!

People are actually comparing your weddings? But they're so far apart in time! Very Sad Well, don't worry about it. You had your day and as long as you and your husband found it memorable and had a wonderful time, then that's all that matters. Congratulations! Smile

Thanks Lori!

Yes, some people are, and it's stupid to do it... They ended up deciding to do a Vegas wedding, so I guess now people won't compare anymore LOL