Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

The Twitter talk thread! - Part 15!

Guest Guest

I read the merch guy is a friend from Nashville that sells real estate. He took 2 weeks off to help Dave out. Also read Dave did some selling at the merch table last night-my guess is a quick stop by there. Also the merch guy told someone he was the back up tour manager! LOL Face

Guest Guest
LOL Face I thought he said he was the second back up tour manager... Wink

It sounds like they are all getting along great, and Dave is clearly having a blast on stage. So nice to be back in tour mode!

Thank you ladies for all the updates that you are providing! It has been so long since there has been much to enjoy and talk about as far as David is concerned Smile.

Jeannie wrote:
She said he mentioned his "good friend Neal" - I hope that ends the speculation of problems between them.

When the guys all performed together at Andy's wedding, I figured that all was well once again, and that whatever happened between David and Neal was over. I don't think it's blasphemy to speculate that they were once on the outs. Such is the way of friendships.

Guest Guest
Oh no, Dorothy. I think there is a good chance there were some problems/hard feelings that (as you mention) I think had been resolved some time ago. But someone here (and some folks on twitter) brought it up just like week in relation to speculation about who was playing the lead guitar on tour, and said that if Neal wasn't it might lend credence to the rumors that they are on the outs.

They may well have had issues at some point, but they seem to have put them aside. I just hate to see that popping up constantly.

And since it regularly gets brought up on twitter, I suspect that might well be why Dave said "my good friend Neal." It was reported that he put emphasis on the word good. He really does seem to keep track of what is being said on twitter, and it shows in some of his comments, IMO.

I do agree that he said "my good friend Neal" to make a point.

I was hoping Neal would be back with the band. Devin is fine, a talented guitarist, etc., but I never warmed to him like I did to Neal.

When David would do all those small appearances, I always got the impression that Neal provided more than just musical accompaniment, that his presence was a real source of support for David. It gave me the warm fuzzies to see him there beside David, silent and inscrutable, like a great Nordic sphinx.

Having said that....I don't think the fact that he's not with the band now means anything other than that he's busy doing other things.

Guest Guest
Jeannie wrote:
He is looking for a label that believes in his music and he wants creative control. He will not use a crowdsource type deal to put the album out. He can afford to put it out on his own if he needs to

Quoting myself to add a little further information from Dammit_Dave. She said he wasn't against crowd sourcing, but at this time he could afford to do it himself. But he would like to find a label that shares his belief in the music and allows him creative control. He said that would be a business decision, because it costs about $90,000 just to push a single to radio. So for business reasons, a label would be his preference.

Guest Guest
Viv, As soon as I hit the lottery I will start a label. David would be my first client, and I would give him artistic control!

justforme wrote:
Viv, As soon as I hit the lottery I will start a label. David would be my first client, and I would give him artistic control!

LOL. IKR? He wants someone who believes in the music. Who better, than us?

Guest Guest
Sound check is going on at Cain's in Tulsa right now. Seems he got a new tattoo today. No details yet, but per twitter reports, it is colorful and on his left arm.

eta: per numerous people in the sound check, it is an owl. A very colorful one.

Guest Guest

Picture of the new tat. From Kathy:

image16.jpg

Guest Guest

Interesting as it's on his "family" arm which has only had black ink tattoos until now. Has he actually said it's a new tattoo? Looks painted on Smile

Guest Guest
Yes, the people there said it is real. He just got it today, sometimes the redness and swelling don't show up until the second day. Mine didn't. Someone just tweeted that up close you could see the redness and starting to swell.

As to why... I guess he likes it and it has meaning to him. *shrugs*

Quote :
@thedavidcook
Got rerouted to Phoenix. Just got to San Diego. Gear is still MIA. Almost got @MontyAnderson to do an interview with an NBC affiliate.
But he wouldn't do it. Bummer.

Quote :
@nickgibsonmusic
@thedavidcook RT @OhMrWonka: Sometimes, when I'm bored, I dig holes in my backyard and sit in them and pretend I'm a carrot.

Suspect 

Guest Guest
Shocked Not sure what to say to that.

Guest Guest
@cjester27 wrote:
Quote :
@nickgibsonmusic
@thedavidcook RT @OhMrWonka: Sometimes, when I'm bored, I dig holes in my backyard and sit in them and pretend I'm a carrot.

Suspect 

2014 total randomness???  Crazy 

Guest Guest
LOL they are weird, but funny!

Guest Guest

The best part of that video (aside from the fact that it made me laugh out loud,) are the words "in the studio!"

Dave also tweeted a pic of them working... The new album has officially begun! Excited2

Guest Guest

I agree! Loved the "in the studio" part  Cheers 

I'm just excited!!!!! In the studio!!!! Love the sound of that because it means new cd is coming and Dave back out on the road!!!!

Excited2 Excited2 Excited2 Excited2 

DEBRA

Hope it doesn't take THAT long, I'm really excited about this new record  Jump 

Guest Guest
Quote :
@thedavidcook

Doing some rewrites with ol' @andyskib, prepping everything for drum tracking with @nickadamsdrums. Hey @montyanderson: bring beer.

Love everything about this tweet  Excited 

I'm really getting excited that we might have something by summer.  Joy dance 

DEBRA

Guest Guest
OHHHH that tweet makes me feel hopeful that we will have some new music soon(yes I know soon is a bad word lol)

Quote :
@montyanderson
In the absence of my friends at @MontySaysShit .... You can't build your life on a freak!

Laughing So Hard You 

justforme wrote:
OHHHH that tweet makes me feel hopeful that we will have some new music soon(yes I know soon is a bad word lol)

soon is a very bad word  LOL flag ROFLOL LOL Face 

Just saw on twitter and DCO that Dave says we will have new music later this summer. Hope that means a new cd.  Excited2  Excited2  Excited2  Just so happy that I can hardly contain myself.  LOL Face 

DEBRA

Guest Guest

Hope so too!!!  Jump 

Guest Guest
WOOHOO for new music!! I can't wait to hear what direction the new cd takes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.