Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yankeedoodle

stupid mistakes on the bike

just been thinking about a howler of mine the other day so thought I should start a thread on it. Post up 1 or 2 of the most stupid things you've done on a bike. Whether its while riding the bike or maintaing the bike.

Ill start things off

I was round at Baby B's the other night helping her grease her rear axle. The bike was up on the rear paddock stand, and as I spun the rear wheel, it was scraping and not spinning freely. We checked out the chain, the caliper, the axle with no luck. Turned out the sprocket was rubbing on the paddock stand cup! lesson learnt Embarassed

I was round at Baby B's the other night helping her grease her rear Embarassed

OH DEAR you just knew this was coming didnt you ,

sorry B
lololollo

i must admit, i considered wording it differently or leaving it out all together but I knew someone would have a laugh at my expense some how Very Happy

Guest Guest
new to my bandit (and still learning) but why didn't you use the centre stand?

Guest Guest
aha. I'm still making changes see if I can get on without lowering it, next is drop the setting by one and lower the front forks a bit.

Told hubby the battery was dead after trying it over and over, first question was "Is the kill switch on " Embarassed You guessed the answer

Putting the bike in the conservatory the year before last. Couldn't get it up the step so I got infront to pul it up the step. The bike was running and I had forgotten I had left it in gear. One big heave and the next thing I know I'm at the other side of the room the bike had ploughed my conservatory soon in and the bike was on top of me.

Bars bend mudguard scuffed and me heavily bruised.

My bad

not putting the stand down Embarassed dented tank

Serviced bike... new plugs, filter + oil.... poured oil in..... big puddle on floor......DRAIN PLUG !!!!!! fofl

running out of fuel in the middle of traffic lights with two learners and me all deckd out with our hi viz bibs and L plates because i was i bird brain and left the bike on reserve!!!

Tried to move off with the disc lock still on the front Laughing

well I wouldnt do that with a alarmed boss lock (twice),cos every one would hear the alarm and turn round and see me