Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Curvy riders forum....

I know there's a few members on here, so can someone straighten this one out for me? Why is it women only? I sort of see the logic, but it strikes me as potentially counterconstructive. It just might be that a few fellas on there would add a different dynamic to the whole thing. At least I think it might but I don't really know as I can't view quite a bit of the content Smile

Guest Guest

It was set up by women for women. Its a safe environment to ask questions and ask for advice. Not all women are as confident as some and find other forums intimidating. Its a place where women can get together and talk about anything. Its a social networking site for like mined women.
When I was first starting out biking I was a member of a couple of forums and tbh on a few occaisions was made to feel very unwelcome. I found curvies by chance and never looked back with the support and understanding I recieved.

I'll also add that we have profesional racers, streetfighters, young, old, some ladies have been riding well over 30yrs, we have members who work and run garages, so we get all the info we need from the forum.

Hope this helps

Plus why are you trying to join a "womens only"forum? Shocked

I've been married for 30 years (last time i looked to a woman LOL ) I have 2 daughters.
But I still dont get it . Anything that was male dominated you lot have wanted to invade and equal rights and all that shit.
But Oh no dont come near the woman only stuff or we'll question your masculinity.

Female sheuvanist sows hide

Guest Guest
Take it up with the comittee!!

Its also nothing to do with being treated equal, we all want that....but unfortunately we still and do get spoken to like idiots, shot down and people being down right rude on some biker forums which are predomantly male. Some of us are quite capable of handling this, some just can't be bothered to get into it and some never go back to those forums again. So that is why Curvies is what it is.
In a perfect world, none of the above would have to be needed..
Edited to add that Curvies is not just a forum, it is a membership only MCC and as such is affiliated to the BMF and supports charities. Some of our members are just members of the forum which is free, others like myself are paid up members. Unitl recently I was a local Rep for our area, I arranged bike mantenence course, monthly socials and ride outs, I also arranged for a Bike safe day that was ladies only in Oxford and prior to that arranged one with Warwrickshire bike safe. I recruited new members and introduced ladies to other riders.
So its not just a forum..

Also I doubt very much we would even be having this conversation if the girls had said they had joined from a Honda forum...

We as lady bikers get so p***ed off with the attitude of the willy measuring brigade on some mixed forums that some of us have actually done all the training and tests without any support what so ever from anyone as the forums we / i ventured onto gave me so much grief that i came off them. When i found curvies it made such a massive differance to my riding and social life where the bike is concerned. I have travelled thousands of miles from England Scotland and Ireland thanks to the curvies i have asked questions and not been mocked for not knowing the answer. I have thrown my tent on the back of my bike and joined a bunch of women for the weekend that i didnt know and had a fab time. They repect every question dilema and drop you have ever asked or done. We actually have a section that says 20 ways to drop your bike and it has been a huge success because you realize your not the only one to have done it and no one take the micky.
It is a shame we have to seperate ourselves but thats not our fault

if its got members there must be a call for it thumbs but some forums take the piss and are hard on all not found one that just give lady's a hard time yet,but not been looking
is there any men only biker forums out there or would that not be right Shocked

richdevon wrote:
if its got members there must be a call for it thumbs but some forums take the piss and are hard on all not found one that just give lady's a hard time yet,but not been looking
Only this one Rich

There are 779 members according to the data at the bottom of the page and over 12 thousand topics have been posted so yes it is a big forum and very popular for the ladies
As for the "men " only i wouldnt know
Love the link Dave

never thought such places were for real so how come you know about this place dave, ant way as for the above all joking a side lady bikers are just like the rest of us and i have meet many that could run rings around guys on bikes and bike stuff

richdevon wrote:
ant way as for the above all joking a side lady bikers are just like the rest of us and i have meet many that could run rings around guys on bikes and bike stuff

agree and would like them to feel at home on this forum too

Rose wrote:

Plus why are you trying to join a "womens only"forum? Shocked

I wasn't-it's nice to browse around a bit just out of interest. Just nosey I guess. I obviously am aware that a fair few ladies have found their way here so thought it might be nice to gain an insight into how you do things, see if there is a discernible difference in overall approach to the "traditional " bike forum. Certainly wouldn't have got any cake recipes..........

Laughing We arent allowed to post cake recipes as its a bike forum lol
And as for feeling comfy here yes i do, you guys are great and if ever i felt like i do on some forums then i will let you all know and if its not resolved i wouldnt come back thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:

agree and would like them to feel at home on this forum too

yes the dinner plates are stacking up and need sorting and if you wouldn't mind pushing the hoover round hideLaughing

I'm in for a spanking Twisted Evil

Hey nowt wrong with cake recipes I'm sat watching the hairy bikers doing profiteroles now,

If you met me you'd see I like a cake or two Very Happy

Maybe now it's winter we could have a recipe section party

I could then pass them onto the wife hide

Guest Guest
@jezza wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

and would like them to feel at home on this forum too

yes the dinner plates are stacking up and need sorting and if you wouldn't mind pushing the hoover round Laughing

I'm in for a spanking Twisted Evil

Wheres the "miss Whiplash " smilie when you want it!!

ah here it is:

Rose ,that is one sexy dishmop and apron you have , sorry it appears i've made some more washing up you had best come round and sort it out.

Guest Guest
@jezza wrote:
Rose ,that is one sexy dishmop and apron you have , sorry it appears i've made some more washing up you had best come round and sort it out.

Hang on I'll just get my teeth and bus pass, I'll be there in five!!

Well i guess we do have rate her muff for us Men pmsl !!!!

jezza you still got that room down stairs you call you play room no kids allowed ?

Guest Guest
richdevon wrote:
jezza you still got that room down stairs you call you play room no kids allowed ?

He can't reply as his a bit tied up at the moment and its hard to talk with a snooker ball in your mouth!!

that dishmop worked wonders, I feel all cleansed now.

Why have women got smaller feet than men ?

So they can get closer to the sink when their washing the pots .. Bum Bum party

hide

@suzukijax wrote:
Laughing We arent allowed to post cake recipes as its a bike forum lol
And as for feeling comfy here yes i do, you guys are great and if ever i felt like i do on some forums then i will let you all know and if its not resolved i wouldnt come back thumbs

always let me know , dont want to lose you thumbs

This is a friendly forum party

3 large eggs
8 oz sr flour
8oz sugar
8 oz butter
zest of an orange

mix all these together and cook and you have a cake easy as bounce

Rose wrote:
richdevon wrote:

He can't reply as his a bit tied up at the moment and its hard to talk with a snooker ball in your mouth!!

ROSE i take my hat of to you thats a hell of a comeback , lolololololollo

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
3 large eggs
8 oz sr flour
8oz sugar
8 oz butter
zest of an orange

wish i lved with you Stan Very Happy

Well if your a really good boy I'll let you have a slice of my Christmas cake....yeah no wise cracks.....oh god, thas another funny......right stop it you guys.
The cakes already cooked, stored and having booze added at regular intervals!!

3 large eggs
8 oz sr flour
8oz sugar
8 oz butter
zest of an orange

Ye but how long for and what electric setting pint

Rose wrote:
and having booze added at regular intervals!!

now thats a way to my heart.................. well apart from a knife through the chest

Guest Guest
@jezza wrote:
Rose wrote:
and having booze added at regular intervals!!

now thats a way to my heart.................. well apart from a knife through the chest

Theres still time for the latter.....Be still my beating heart.....Oh hang on, it is!!

@Davehutch wrote:
3 large eggs
8 oz sr flour
8oz sugar
8 oz butter
zest of an orange

bet stan`s glad you don`t fofl

Rose wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
3 large eggs
8 oz sr flour
8oz sugar
8 oz butter
zest of an orange

Well if your a really good boy I'll let you have a slice of my Christmas cake....yeah no wise cracks.....oh god, thas another funny......right stop it you guys.
The cakes already cooked, stored and having booze added at regular intervals!!

Sounds like Dave hutch that does pmsl Laughing

Guest Guest
richdevon wrote:

Plenty of men-only bike clubs out there. There are 3 alone that I know of in East Sussex. and east sussex is quite small.

Think if you look hard there are some men-only bike forums out there, harley ones. The bandit forum comes across as a male-only forum, hardly any input from/interested women.