Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Best and crap live gig you went to

Beat Sammy Hagar wourst Blue oyster cult and Magnum rubbish

Guest Guest

can't believe I'm gonna say this... Motorhead. But that's cos the place was packed with hardcore fans and not one of them even danced, moshed or even jiggled! Must have feared breaking a hip or something... went there really looking forward to jumping in that mosh pit Sad

Wow Motorhead was my fav in there hay day I went both nights when they played Leics demont excellent.my ears still hurt from the Bomber tour thumbs

OMG how to chose! - been to so many gigs - Bests - Whitesnake, Rammstein, Tyketto, Nightwish, Alice Cooper Lordi (before they won eurovision lol ) & many many more.
Worst Alice Cooper doing the worst performance i'd seen him doing after seeing him about 5 times !! Surprised

@XS1100 wrote:
Wow Motorhead was my fav in there hay day I went both nights when they played Leics demont excellent.my ears still hurt from the Bomber tour thumbs

Hardcore me,used to go to both De Montford gigs..... rite in there in front of speakers,get on stage,get thrown off stage ...then try again lol....then follow em to birmingham for next 3 nites thumbs ....ears still hurt from that tour too but fantastic buzz lol..........

gigs aint what they used to be Laughingparty

Best..........

Hawkwind with Lemmy

Worst.........

Hawkwind without Lemmy

Worst.... Hawkwind.... They wouldn`t even play Silver Machine as an encore.

Best...
Thin Lizzy... "Jailbreak" tour
Saxon.. "Wheels of Steel" tour
Chili Peppers... "stadium arcadium" tour

Best, the many skindred gigs ive gone to, They put so much effort into their shows to create an awesome atmosphere, be it a stage at a festival with thousands or a tiny gig at a church with a couple of hundred,

Worst,was the milton keynes bowl last year for the prodigy/pendulum/chase and status gig. This wasnt due to the bands themselfs but the people that attended, If you want to most thats fine, but do it in the already massive mosh pit instead of being a pussy and doing it on the boundries. If other folks want to have a dance or jsut appreciate the music itself dont start shoving folk around, This causes the whole crowd to shove each other around and then you spend your whol gig just trying to keep yourself upright, and resisting the urge to punch annoying trendie kids in the face all day,

AS you can probably guess I got really pissed off that day...

The best gig i went to was a Desmond Dekker
it was in a small hall , it was brilliant , he had a great laugh with the 100 or so people in there , told stories about is career etc. Great times.

Worst Mmmmm Oasis Nuff said

AC/DC at the download festival, bloody awesome Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Worse, the wife singing in the bath Embarassed

Best would be a split between Pink Floyd at knebworth 1974 and Led Zep @ Earls Court

worst probably Westlife at sheffield (I had to take the daughter Sad )

Best . easy . ZZ Top supported by Steel Panther last year . Very Happy
worst. god there have been a few.
Wurzels at Pissed Indian rally in kent a few years ago. Shocked

Best was an early 'New Model Army' gig at Nottingham's Rock City.

Right place, right time. Everything was as close to perfect in my life as it could possibly get.

Worst was a 'The Cult' (spits) concert at Nottingham's Royal Concert Hall, I've never been so embarrassed for a fellow human being, Astbury, in front of a full house, visibly failed to swing his mike stand to demolish those fake speakers. Some disgruntled roadie had apparently swapped the lightweight stand for a real one. Pathetic.

motorhead bomber tour at carlisle market hall awsome seen them loads after that through the years,worst gig probably some of the shite at glastonbury that passes for music again been loads of times but stopped going when you had to start paying but i didnt go for the music anyway. thumbs

Guest Guest

Best - levellers at cambridge corn exchange in 95 (I think); also awesome was Black Sabbath and SOAD at Download in 95... and finally after 20 years of loving them - metallica at wembley in 2007 thumbs

which ones steve cos they both look seasick to me.

Worst .. Motorhead about 2 year ago @ Newcastle city hall, it was just noise, and I like Lemmy but MH were best in the 80s.

Best.. probs AC/DC @ Newcastle Mayfair 1980 with Bon Scott.

Louise Nurdin (redknapp) when I was about 12/13. Not as good as I was expecting. the only other ones i've (willingly) been to are the wurzels and they are usually very popular although the setup always seems the same every single time.

Best has to be Thin Lizzy Sheffield city hall or any ac/dc gig, bounce as for the worst, That has to be meatloaf at knebworth as support to deep purple. couldnt do it live.

Best and worst - Clapton, seen him about half a dozen times over the years, usually brilliant but the last time was at Birmingham NIA a few years ago and it was the most non atmospheric, boring gig I've ever been to. Had heard that can happen with him on a couldn't give a toss night but the first one I'd witnessed and haven't bothered with him since.

Best was probably mettalica a Leeds festival a good few years ago but system of a down is a close second. Worst was the mrs's choice the maccabees. Their music isn't bad but they were shocking live ha a bad attitude and the supporting acts put them to shame. One of which was jack penate and he was really good.

Birmingham NIA a few years ago .

I went to one there , fell asleep during the gig , i do work nights Laughing , cos we went to the NEC by mistake, LaughingLaughing , Saw Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall years ago, drove down from Durham in a mk 4 Cortina v6 got parked right outside , that was a good gig.

well as a musician of many a year,my best attended gig would have to be rush at the old wembley arena on the r30 tour,mindblowing,my worst,hmmmm,milton keynes metallica,wolfsbane etc,shite nite,great headline tho, thumbs

I went to the Rush Gig at Leicester de montfort hall it was like playing there 2112 album to good I thought for a gig,Got a load of tapes in the van if you wan um Smile

aah the good ol looga barrooga,nice offer,but i have all the albums on disc and vynil,and an sx1100 was the bike used to tow me through a cow pat littered field for my rally initiation,,stunk like fukk afterwards,great days,and as i remember,that was another shit gig.lol

Very Happy

Great days they where when a rally was a farmers field and a pub over the road,bloody great,,,,,,,,,

@XS1100 wrote:
Great days they where when a rally was a farmers field and a pub over the road,bloody great,,,,,,,,,

Your right there XS.