Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimmy86

Any Suggestions???

Hi All!

So havent posted on here for a while now, mainly due to the fact that I have been bikeless for the last few months Sad just wondered if I could pick your brains for some advice.

After writting off the bandit before christmas I had ruled out getting another bike for the time being due to finances. Not sure I can resist any longer though. Thought I would have a look and see what I can get on the cheap just to get me back on 2 wheels moped . Does anyone have any suggestions for something thats only a few hundred quid a grand tops?

Not really fussed what, just so long as its mechanically sound. Any ideas?

Cheers, thumbs
Jimmy

Nice to see you posting Jim, sorry I dont m8 because I haven't been looking at buying one , I would have thought that there would be a few if your willing to go to a grand thumbs Hurry up so we can get out for a blast !!

Ta dave. A grand is pushing it really, but if it was something really decent then I would see what I can do. Ideally thinking more like 700, should be able to get that together in the not too distant future. Very Happy

TBH Jim at that money you're looking at Ebay or possibly the "back room" of a decent dealer. I've seen decent VFRs below £1500 but still over your budget. Something like a GS500 might be worth casting around for-very tough motor and lots around. Smile

@jimmy86 wrote:
Hi All!

So havent posted on here for a while now, mainly due to the fact that I have been bikeless for the last few months Sad just wondered if I could pick your brains for some advice.

After writting off the bandit before christmas I had ruled out getting another bike for the time being due to finances. Not sure I can resist any longer though. Thought I would have a look and see what I can get on the cheap just to get me back on 2 wheels moped . Does anyone have any suggestions for something thats only a few hundred quid a grand tops?

Not really fussed what, just so long as its mechanically sound. Any ideas?

Cheers, thumbs
Jimmy
Hey Jimmy just cause you aint got no wheels dont let that stop you posting, i havent neither hopefully by the end of may i will, im sure you will find something on ebay keep looking mate thumbs

I had one of them GS500e they are great little bikes and well worth a look while the cash is a little tight thumbs

Ta guys, will keep an eye out for any of them around. Looks like they would do the job nicely until finances are looking up. Now for new kit, probably going to be about the same again. Suspect

@jimmy86 wrote:
Ta guys, will keep an eye out for any of them around. Looks like they would do the job nicely until finances are looking up. Now for new kit, probably going to be about the same again. Suspect
get yourself to JTS @ coalville m8

Always worth keeping an eye on ebay. My Dad picked up an old GPZ600 for £400 last year. Needed a little bit of work doing, but it ran perfectly. As everyone has said, keep looking and use the "cash buyer" to haggle a bit over price. Good luck getting back on mbike