Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dirtydog

so it begins update

spent the afternoon tinkering with my bike thought id upload some pics http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af210/thekingofswing1982/Honda%20NS125R/

Ive ordered A new head light http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220584649142&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_702wt_698
and indicators as i do not like the cheap carbon fibre sh1t that are on already
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250808359147&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1421wt_1199
if anyone would like to throw a few ideas my way feel free thumbs (im moving towards the naked/street fighter look)

cracking little bikes thumbs

ill find the pic somewhere, mate had pic of a nsr or tzr one of the 2 streetfighterd, sinle seal unit jacked right up looks good for a little streetfighter lol.

Lookin gud m8y, u do realize that once the modding bug bites your hooked, ££££££££ Very Happy

Lookin gud m8y, u do realize that once the modding bug bites your hooked, ££££££££ Very Happy

I hear that! had a cbr125, did coulple little bits but didnt bother with bandiot started off simple, now im spending every penny i get Shocked but well worth it Laughing

just a quick update i had an hour or so spare this morning so decided to get the rear panels cleaned up ready for repair washed them in some soapy water then used a solvent based cleaner which i use at work for cleaning plastic pipework before solvent welding the joints
http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af210/thekingofswing1982/Honda%20NS125R/panels%201/

also ive had a couple of issues with getting her running but sorted that now thumbs click the link and see what you think http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af210/thekingofswing1982/Honda%20NS125R/bike%20running/ Very Happy

that little vid,brought back some memorys of my 125 days lol

keep the updates comeing thumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
that little vid,brought back some memorys of my 125 days lol

keep the updates comeing thumbsthumbs

im glad it stirred up the memorys was it a llooooooooonng time ago when you were on the 125s

also can anybody tell me where to find a motorbike breakers in the nottingham/leicester area please

evening all got my new head light and indicators today thumbs BUT ive got issue with the headlight bassicly there are 2 green wires into 1
2 white wires into 1 and 2 blue wires into 1 ive got it wired so the side light comes on but cant get the main lights and high beam to operate any help would be apreciated thanks

headlight sorted now with the help of my mate martinrs125 also had the maiden voyage today....well a quick run up the street and back Very Happy all good hopefully have her on the tarmac in the next 2 weeks party

Guest Guest

Good Stuff, keep up the good work thumbs

@dirtydog wrote:
headlight sorted now with the help of my mate martinrs125 also had the maiden voyage today....well a quick run up the street and back Very Happy all good hopefully have her on the tarmac in the next 2 weeks party
thumbs

just a quick update ive bought some "new" panels so will not be using the 1s i have started to repair also i have decided to strip the tank of its paint before respraying it mainly due to the fact there is already 6 layers of paint on it the outer yellow layer is so thick i have carefully used a hammer and a smallish chisel to remove it scratch i didn't want to use nitromorse/paint stripper with not knowing if there was any filler present (as it happens there is some) as it would soak into the filler causing further problems the tank work so far has taken around 1hr30min so this is where i am up to..also got a couple of pictures with my headlight on..ignore the photos of the yellow panels lol
http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/af210/thekingofswing1982/Honda%20NS125R/panels%201/ Very HappySmileSmile

Fairplay you must have some patience thumbs

Sounds like a lot of work, paint work aint my thing but can apreciate the ammount of work u have to put in to get a good finish, gud luck with it m8. thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Fairplay you must have some patience thumbs

Sounds like a lot of work, paint work aint my thing but can apreciate the ammount of work u have to put in to get a good finish, gud luck with it m8. thumbs

thanks for the support i need it Laughing stu i don't really have the patience just got planet rock blasting out and knuckled down "SIMPLES"

trebor4460 paintwork aint my bag either i just get these daft ideas that sound great until i say them out loud head bang

and to be perfectly honest this bike will still be a bit of a dog for a while even when im on the road due to the lack of available parts for example the small plastic panel that covers the battery 1 side and the air box the other these are like rocking horse turd a lot of the stuff on ebay etc is for later models and is not compatible with this year but im in it now and there ain't no going back salute

Keep up the good work were all watching Very Happythumbs

Congrats on the prgress to date, and respect for the patience salutesalute . Don't forget the pics once all finished thumbs

good luck with the respray,what colour you going for?

wave insurance sorted did it through go compare and bennets came out the cheapest £108.60 third party fire n theft so now i REALLY need to pull my finger out so i can start using her would like my first voyage out to be to the next ashby folville meet thumbs

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21472376494 party

Well done mate get cracking with her thumbsparty

@dirtydog wrote:
wave insurance sorted did it through go compare and bennets came out the cheapest £108.60 third party fire n theft so now i REALLY need to pull my finger out so i can start using her would like my first voyage out to be to the next ashby folville meet thumbs

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21472376494 party
nice 1 , I dont like the ashby meet it gets to busy for me thumb down

your right dave it does get a bit nuts down there towards the end of last season it did get abit daft the later it got with people doing burnouts (cars mainly) the odd bike lifting the front end but what makes it dangerous is the way the croud stand so close to the road and surround the field exit nobody on or in a vehicle can see sweet fa

@dirtydog wrote:
your right dave it does get a bit nuts down there towards the end of last season it did get abit daft the later it got with people doing burnouts (cars mainly) the odd bike lifting the front end but what makes it dangerous is the way the croud stand so close to the road and surround the field exit nobody on or in a vehicle can see sweet fa
agree I think it will get banned if it Carry's on affraid You cant be that far away from me , we have to meet up some time thumbs

hopefully it wont get banned but thats how its looking.....im in cotgrave dave so meeting up is no issue i had thought about going 6 hills with my matey but would they welcome us on out little 125s Very Happy

@dirtydog wrote:
hopefully it wont get banned but thats how its looking.....im in cotgrave dave so meeting up is no issue i had thought about going 6 hills with my matey but would they welcome us on out little 125s Very Happy
they would m8 thumbs doesnt matter what you ride

@Davehutch wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:
they would m8 thumbs doesnt matter what you ride
We all had to start somewhere mate, dont let a 125 stop ya thumbs

taxed her today thumbs tank is completely stripped although the paint people let me down BIG SYLE so im gonna be rollin a multi colored bike for a few days.....will upload pictures tommorow party

Nice 1, bet u will be glad just to get her back on the road, banana

well as the "new" owner i would be more than happy just to take her round the block .... but before i get to carried away i have a couple of small jobs to do ie bolt the mud guard on etc

woooo hoooooo been out this evening just a little 10 mile trek seems i have a over fueling problem though it will be sorted for tuesday night hopefully thumbsthumbs

its a a easy job, get stuck in!
i had a NSF as well...i hated it, got rid and got a RG125FU (mini RGV250), loads better!

me when i was 18!

@Wolfie wrote:
i had a NSF as well...i hated it, got rid and got a RG125FU (mini RGV250), loads better!

me when i was 18!

the only reason i ended up with a ns125 is because it was a cheap project origanaly i was after a RD125 but they are soooooo exspensive
provided i can get through this year with this bike i will look for another over the winter....or i could just dab in and do my full bike test and stop ar**ng around with little boys toys Very Happy

@dirtydog wrote:
@Wolfie wrote:

me when i was 18!

the only reason i ended up with a ns125 is because it was a cheap project origanaly i was after a RD125 but they are soooooo exspensive
provided i can get through this year with this bike i will look for another over the winter....or i could just dab in and do my full bike test and stop ar**ng around with little boys toys Very Happy

yep, the prices for any RD nowadays is fairly high, I allways wanted a RD125LC when i was learning!

@dirtydog wrote:
@Wolfie wrote:

me when i was 18!

Get your test taken, then the worlds your Oyster. thumbs

full gasket kit ordered aswell as a new ht lead should be here on friday will let you all know what happens

@Grumpyowl wrote:

Get your test taken, then the worlds your Oyster. thumbs

at first i thought you was talking to me!!!
ya..get yer test done!

slacker! LaughingLaughingthumbs