Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
always1more

MK1 1200 Naked Bandit Top Speed.

Was out for a short blast with a m8 last Wednesday evening. He don't get out much nowadays unlike me who uses the bike everyday.

Anyway he was off like the preverables up the By-Pass on his Yammy ThunderAce. I wasn't far behind him and in the short distance from the roundabout to the lights I looked down at my clock and she was bang on 140mph ShockedLaughing ...

So got me thinking whats the top end on the mk1's guess it's not far off as my throttle wouldn't open anymore and I weigh in at 111 kilos Laughing

Ohh and before anybody say's anything about the speed, it was the right time and place...was quiet and no traffic on the stretch we was on

I reckon a true speed on a naked B12 is around 140 - 145 mph.
Fastest i saw on the clock was 155, now bear in mind the speedos on most bikes are way, shall we say, optimistic, you can knock off around 15mph from the top end, so i reckon 140 true speed is about right.

If u had a full fairing on your b12, then u might get that 15 mph back but hey, who wants a full fairing on there B12, Twisted Evil

Cheers Rob Smile

Yeah I thought that maybe the case between a faired and unfaired. Not bad then for a 17 stone lard ass lol....Anyway I'm gonna have a word with him if he blasts off again I'll catch him up later cos the fuel go's nowhere when you give it some right fist Laughing

Forgot to add,

Not bad either considering the Bandit only has 5 gears, unlike the VFR had 6...I still miss that 6th gear tho if I'm to be honest

Was out for a short blast with a m8 last Wednesday evening. He don't get out much nowadays unlike me who uses the bike everyday.

Anyway he was off like the preverables up the By-Pass on his Yammy ThunderAce. I wasn't far behind him and in the short distance from the roundabout to the lights I looked down at my clock and she was bang on 140mph ShockedLaughing ...

So got me thinking whats the top end on the mk1's guess it's not far off as my throttle wouldn't open anymore and I weigh in at 111 kilos Laughing

Ohh and before anybody say's anything about the speed, it was the right time and place...was quiet and no traffic on the stretch we was on

you've got to love private runways thumbs

Ive seen 140 in 4th and it was still going and it had'nt hit the limiter.Could'nt of been far off though then i ran out of track Laughing
On one of my old B12s i saw 150 with a 14T front sprox thumbs

bloody hooligans the lot of ya LaughingLaughing

120 on the back wheel then another 25mph for good measure Laughing on me private drive offcourse thumbs

Forgot to add,

Not bad either considering the Bandit only has 5 gears, unlike the VFR had 6...I still miss that 6th gear tho if I'm to be honest

Thunderace only has 5 gears and only 1002cc
hide

158mph on private runway with wind up me arse, looked like a scooter rider trying to get an extra 1mph down hill mopedfoflfofl

@haveugot1 wrote:
158mph on private runway with wind up me arse, looked like a scooter rider trying to get an extra 1mph down hill mopedfoflfofl
foflfofl

Fastest i saw on the clock was 155,

Same here. I may have got a bit more as I was also holding the little flyscreen I had on at the time as the wind was blowing it backwards onto the bars. Shocked I was racing for the ferry on the way back from the Dutch TT on a very long hotel driveway. thumbs

No one ever brakes the speed limit on British roads Very Happy

@day101 wrote:

I'll be honest-I've seen 71mph once or twice. Twisted Evil

Fastest i saw on the clock was 155, now bear in mind the speedos on most bikes are way, shall we say, optimistic, you can knock off around 15mph from the top end, so i reckon 140 true speed is about right.

If u had a full fairing on your b12, then u might get that 15 mph back but hey, who wants a full fairing on there B12, Twisted Evil
agree Rob has it spot on thumbs

@day101 wrote:

I'll be honest-I've seen 71mph once or twice. Twisted Evil
foflfofl

Forgot to add,

thunderace has only got 5 gears as well,i dont miss the 6th now it doesnt need it thumbs

LMFAO Laughing

I'm gonna lose a few pounds and change the sprockets, might make 145 then lol Laughing

Ive seen 145 on the clock , past the Angel of the North, before i changed the front sprocket, now it probs tops out at 140.

Nice one Les

They are pretty stable to at that speed. On my old GPZ 500 when you got to a ton the front end felt too light as if it was off the floor, not a nice feeling Cool