Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Took the wife out on the bike

Took Mel out on the bike this evening the first time in years, done about 50-60 miles , got on really well thumbs The only trouble is when we got back noticed maroon paint on the side of her boot where it had been rubbing the bike affraid luckily it hasn't worn through and polished out thumbs So i will have to put some of that clear protection stuff there before she comes on the back again

Nice one Dave, don't worry about the paint, it's only a Suzuki. Only slightly better than lipstick! Laughing

Outstanding well done Mel cbt next Very Happy get yer own beast

Guest Guest
@XS1100 wrote:

Agree...and bet she would choose a bike over a sofa... fofl

Mel get yer cbt then go buy a xjr1300sp then gimmi ago Very Happy

some of that clear protection stuff there before she comes on the back

i have some if you need it ...did you go to the chop and rod show didn't see you

@madwilly wrote:
some of that clear protection stuff there before she comes on the back

i have some if you need it ...did you go to the chop and rod show didn't see you
got some cheers m8, nice of you to offer thumbs yes went posted in that topic

Thats it now u will have to stiffen the rear cause she will always be wanting to come out Very HappyVery Happy

Told you last night I can hardly get out withour her now Sad

anyway well done thumbs

That's it where ever u go your wife will want to go with u, our lass doesn't trust me, sometimes I don't trust meself.lol.

Where do u get that clear protector from just I've just resprayed my bike and the seat rubs the tank.?

Guest Guest
Dave

Get Mel's CBT done and a great 125 to learn on. The more bikers we can get out on the roads the better, be they male or female.

The clear sheeting can be got from Oxford Products.

Well done mate, hope Mel enjoyed it...happy days party

Im with Rose on this one get her cbt done and a nice little 125 thumbs

Well done Mel, get ya test passed and u be soon goin solo on Daves Bandit, hide

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
@suzukijax wrote:
I would not be able to sleep if she had a bike , I would worry to much sorry

As much as I like you Dave, I love you its not up to you! No

Its Mel's decision at the end of the day salute

Rose wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@suzukijax wrote:
I would not be able to sleep if she had a bike , I would worry to much sorry

As much as I like you Dave, I love you its not up to you! No

Its Mel's decision at the end of the day salute

I wont answer this one Rose Shocked It will end up with us falling out sorry

I understand what the ladies are saying and you cant blame em, but im with Dave on this one id be the same, my wifeys mad in her car dread to think what she would be like on two wheels, thankfully shes happy being a pillion, but knowing my wifey if one day she decides to go for it i cant stop her thumbs

understand what your saying my hubby got me into biking and wished he hadnt as i have become a worse car driver now going over the you know what a little you know what nudge nudge wink wink fanny's your aunty and bobs your uncle and all that ShockedLaughing

Jeez Dave they'll be telling you to do your own cooking & washing next. Laughing

hide

Guest Guest

Oops sorry, thought I was living in the 21st Century. My mistake thumbs

foflfoflfoflfoflfofl

Rose wrote:
Oops sorry, thought I was living in the 21st Century. My mistake thumbs

foflfoflfoflfoflfofl
It is Rose but I think thing was alot better in the 20th hide

Just read through this thresd ALL THIS FALLING OUT over something I've not read.
where is Mels post on here saying she wants her own bike.?

I've been married over 30 years and my Mrs is still happy to be pillion and enjoys our rideouts but has no intrest in riding her own.

Maybe Mel like my Mrs is content sat on the back scratch

@Grumpyowl wrote:
Just read through this thresd ALL THIS FALLING OUT over something I've not read.
where is Mels post on here saying she wants her own bike.?

I've been married over 30 years and my Mrs is still happy to be pillion and enjoys our rideouts but has no intrest in riding her own.

Maybe Mel like my Mrs is content sat on the back scratch
dont think there is any falling out , or less I have missed some thing Suspect

@haveugot1 wrote:

Where do u get that clear protector from just I've just resprayed my bike and the seat rubs the tank.?

ebay will have it. Try seraching clear vinyl or clear protector. Or you can used coloured/carbon style vinyl if you want since it will be mostly hidden by the seat.

Hawki wrote:
@XS1100 wrote:

Agree...and bet she would choose a bike over a sofa... fofl

foflfoflfoflhide

@Stue11 wrote:
I understand what the ladies are saying and you cant blame em, but im with Dave on this one id be the same, my wifeys mad in her car dread to think what she would be like on two wheels, thankfully shes happy being a pillion, but knowing my wifey if one day she decides to go for it i cant stop her thumbs

Your only scared i'd whip your arse and beat you on your old bandit foflfoflfoflhide

nice one dave glad she enjoyed it,might be worth fitting one of those tribo grippy seat covers to stop her sliding if its going to be a regular thing thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
Took Mel out on the bike this evening the first time in years, done about 50-60 miles , got on really well thumbs The only trouble is when we got back noticed maroon paint on the side of her boot where it had been rubbing the bike affraid luckily it hasn't worn through and polished out thumbs So i will have to put some of that clear protection stuff there before she comes on the back again

Oh no did she wear leathers confused
Well done mel for going on the back, hope he did'nt go tooooooooo fast affraid

@dick65 wrote:
nice one dave glad she enjoyed it,might be worth fitting one of those tribo grippy seat covers to stop her sliding if its going to be a regular thing thumbs

Defo reconmend the grippy seat cover thumbs

once they start theres no going back?my wife has always ridden,but still likes coming pillion now and then,when the kids were small,bike time was my time,a few years ago wifey got her own bike again,now got a cb1300,then last year my daughter turned 17 and got her bike test and a er5,now i cant get out on me own at all,every time i get ready to go for a ride the wife goes i'll come ,then the daughter says,i'll come so it ends up with all 3 of us goin out,my time....gone lol

once they start theres no going back?my wife has always ridden,but still likes coming pillion now and then,when the kids were small,bike time was my time,a few years ago wifey got her own bike again,now got a cb1300,then last year my daughter turned 17 and got her bike test and a er5,now i cant get out on me own at all,every time i get ready to go for a ride the wife goes i'll come ,then the daughter says,i'll come so it ends up with all 3 of us goin out,my time....gone lol
thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
thumbs
Thats not such a bad thing mate must be really nice and proud to have ya daughter ride with ya thumbs

Falling out whose falling out Shocked this is friendly banter thats all Very Happy

Rose wrote:
Dave

Get Mel's CBT done and a great 125 to learn on. The more bikers we can get out on the roads the better, be they male or female.

agree

@sweban wrote:
Rose wrote:
Dave

agree

Sounds like a plan Smile

On another side note - passed my first year masters - got a PG cert - think that means I'm qualified to make Tea - not sure you lot that sampled it last Sunday would agree though Smile

@melly wrote:
@sweban wrote:
Rose wrote:
Dave

agree

Sounds like a plan Smile

On another side note - passed my first year masters - got a PG cert - think that means I'm qualified to make Tea - not sure you lot that sampled it last Sunday would agree though Smile
It was good to me Very Happythumbs

fancy getting my own bike but would just pootle round so probably would give you proper bikers a bad name Embarassed

Guest Guest
@melly wrote:
fancy getting my own bike but would just pootle round so probably would give you proper bikers a bad name Embarassed

Hey whats the definition of a proper biker? Thats right there isn't one. You do what suits. Some people ride all yr, some hide when there's an ikle cloud in the sky (you know who you are!! lol! )

Mel, Join the Curvyriders.co.uk Loads of support on there from like minded ladies.

We all started by pootling around, little steps or should that be wheels!!

Good luck with what ever you decide to do theres loads of support out there if you need any. partypartypartyparty

Edited to add:

If your not sure, nothing wrong with getting a little moped to start to see if you like it.

I was once asked what I liked about riding a bike, I said " until you've done over a hundred screeming at the top of your voice, your never understand"! Not that I've ever gone that fast!! party

tbh not sure if i could do it to Dave he is terrified of me getting my own bike and also we have agreed the next thing we save for is a new bike for him so I will probably be on a zimmer frame by the time i get mine but i would like to get my licence, even if it is just to say i did it Smile, but ..... never say never Smile

Dave stop it thumb down Help Mel get her licence. Freedom M8 You know as well as I do thumbsthumbsthumbs