Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Seen a bike!

Well, undeterred by my old Peugeot 406 crapping the bed today, I've simply lowered my sights a bit. Found a nice looking VFR800 V Tec model with FSH & luggage, spoken to the very nice chap who owns it, and hopefully will view at the weekend. Certainly can't afford a Sprint 1050 now but this one looks a decent second choice. He's asking £3,600 so try & work on that a bit. I'll let you know. Very Happy

Good luck buddy, i think stue11 has ordered some of the luggage for his bandit like that hes really excited Laughing

@day101 wrote:
Good luck buddy, i think stue11 has ordered some of the luggage for his bandit like that hes really excited Laughing

Yeah I wasn't sure whether to post it or not in case Stue dived in before me. Fella is prepared to sell the cases seperately. Laughing

@day101 wrote:

Yeah I wasn't sure whether to post it or not in case Stue dived in before me. Fella is prepared to sell the cases seperately. Laughing
foflaffraid theres a bloody caravan stuck to the back of it affraidhide only kidding she looks stunning alan good luck and hope she turns out to be the one you want Very Happythumbs

looks tidy,just watch out for that 16,000 mile service with the valve clearances,it can be a bit pricey on the vtec motor

looks tidy,just watch out for that 16,000 mile service with the valve clearances,it can be a bit pricey on the vtec motor

I'd be inclined to do that myself mate. But yes, one to watch. Smile

Guest Guest
looks good, could always check out a sprint rs as there a tad cheaper and still well out together with a great sports touring feel.

Yeah nice looking bike, always have liked the vfr.

My first bike was a vfr 400 nc24 it was bloody bomb proof and the 800's are even better thumbs

@airlock wrote:
looks good, could always check out a sprint rs as there a tad cheaper and still well out together with a great sports touring feel.

True enough, but they're a bit ugly and the lights are shit. Smile

lovely bike Jack, and that Givi luggage has the top access on the side cases, really handy! thumbsthumbsVery Happy

lovely bike Jack, and that Givi luggage has the top access on the side cases, really handy! thumbsthumbsVery Happy

Yeah got the exact same ones on my ZZR. It's one thing that's put me off the Sprint ST TBH (aside from the price)-the panniers are puny & would barely do for the wife's cosmetics, hair straighteners blarblar

there is a buell footpeg lowering conversion which they do which is what I've done to the CBR.

Been to view that bike, and it wasn't a disappointment. He's prepared to knock £100 off the asking price but is chucking in an optimiser and a few other oddments. TBH it's the right price. 15k miles, FSH, that Givi luggage really hasn't been used, only marks on it are scuffed heel plates & slight scuff on the seat. Steers nicely, just want to square it with SWMBO as she didn't come with me to test the seat, but I want it. And he's got 2 sets of Alpinestars T Dyno leathers which I reckon will fit us thumbs could be all set to rock'n'roll to Spain-just add fuel Very Happy

Deal done! Wife is prepared to (literally) risk her ass with the seat so I've rung the guy and he's accepted my word on the phone as a deposit. How old fashioned is that? Money's on it's way so should be able to collect next weekend at the latest. Now I need to track down my mate's brother who's a bit handy with exhausts-those Honda cans are way quiet!!

party

Deal done! Wife is prepared to (literally) risk her ass with the seat so I've rung the guy and he's accepted my word on the phone as a deposit. How old fashioned is that? Money's on it's way so should be able to collect next weekend at the latest. Now I need to track down my mate's brother who's a bit handy with exhausts-those Honda cans are way quiet!!

party
bet you cant wait Alan , party

party oh happy days party really happy for ya mate thumbs

Cracking bikes, owned one for just over a year. If you can cope with the sports position for more than 50 miles that is!

This is my VFR with the luggage (Big Arse)

And this is the slimmer, prettier view Wink

Great choice of bike, I've never regretted it.

@Manxbiker wrote:
This is my VFR with the luggage (Big Arse)

And this is the slimmer, prettier view Wink

Great choice of bike, I've never regretted it.

Wow what a difference between the two pics.
I wouldn't fancy attempting to filter with the box's on though lol

jeez, my VFR with panniers was skinnier than that!! Bit like this one

Just got back from collecting it. He's also given me an Optimiser, set of love handles Shocked few bits & bobs. Bought his Alpinestars leathers for £70 the set, Bike has R & G bobbins, Smartwater, Datatool alarm. Check out how clean the front cylinder head is! Any Viffers will appreciate that. Just need to get it set up how I want it, run it for a few months & check it's OK, then ride it to Spain next Spring Yeehah!! Very Happy

looks tidy bike mate hope you enjoy her!

Shes stunning Alan a bloody bargain on the leathers too Very Happythumbsparty