Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

zzr project

you could also come to wetlands if youre up this way let me know and ill buy the coffees it doesnt start till 6 0 clock this year but its on every sunday and wednesday give me a ring if youre coming thumbs

well got my pipework all sorted for rad,got rid of the standard dual coil set up and fitted a set of coilsticks of a zx10,put the full power carbs on rigged up a temp petrol tank, spun the motor a few times with the kill on to get the oil round the motor.fed in the petrol hit the starter and boom!!!! jawopw

she fired up,did i get yous goin.bit lumpy but thats the carbs need balancing and the joint to my can is blowing so need to make a shim for that.but quite pleased with myself.just having a little whiskey to celebrate. kope to fit dynjet kit this weekend and will post some pics.

Tosser lmao. Glad she is running.will probs just call up in car as the weather looks bad dor the weekend m8.

ShockedShockedShocked Had me going for a minute there. Glad she started and is running. Soon be there mate thumbsthumbs

Nice one Ian, have it finished for the ride-out at this rate, can leave the Bandit at home! lol!

nice 1 ian,has mark told ya he will nip up in the car scared of getting is bike wet hide

aye I think marks related to the wicked whitch of the west frightened to get wet in case he melts Laughing

If I say im gettiing me bike out it rains so a bitbof reverse psychology lol.

@haveugot1 wrote:

stick to reversing trucks m8,its wot youre good at.sunday looks decent.just finished fitting dynojet kit will stick carbs back on tomorrow.

@madcarper wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

stick to reversing trucks m8,its wot youre good at.sunday looks decent.just finished fitting dynojet kit will stick carbs back on tomorrow.

Suspect we will seee old man lol

well fitted dynojet kit put carbs on to balance and could not get no3 carb slide to move on vacuum so swopped out diaphragm from my original carbs and fixed that next problem no2 carb won't balance so looks like I may have a blockage somewhere will have to strip down and clean again unfortunately my radiator has begun leaking at the joint where I had it modified so that has to come back off to get sorted Sad so not a happy bunny, was nice to see mark and mike today when they popped in for a cuppa.

Oh so sorry to hear m8. Good to se you again and thanks for the coffee. We went to richmond afters for a ice cream yum yum

Great to see you again Ian bike looks even better in the flesh thumbs your bound to get little niggles when you do such a major modification but it will deffo be worth it in the end, great work mate and you missed a lovely ice cream! foodthumbs

got these from Germany this week

fitted them on bike bled them and the clutch master started leaking so swopped it for the zzr1400 radial clutch master I had now works perfect. not sure about the front brake action yet seems to be a lot of travel on the lever before the pistons start to really grip I've got the lever cable tied back to see if its just some air in there. might end up changing the master cylinder later.

I will have to get a shorty lever to match the front brake.
also got the carbs all balanced with the new jet kit in and k and n filter

fitted a new gel battery under the seat hump I will probably change this later for a lypo to save some weight, so just need digital speedo and a few loose ends to sort out and i'm just about there build wise, will have to see what a test ride's like for any fine tuning although I did ride it up and down my street a couple of times today and it feels pretty good.

party0003party0003     very nice bet your well pleased with that

some work gone into that ian looks the business  m8 party  thumbs

saw the bike at wetlands tonight and it looks awesome and had quite a crowd round it also me mate had his 500 triple kawasaki there for the first time and it had a crowd round it as well ian painted that also thumbs hes done both my lads cars and theyre absolutely stunning ill post some pics when i can Cool 

well I finally got my fueling issues sorted today yippee!
turns out the air pipe which pressurises the float boals was not getting the correct pressures , so I have now routed the pipes into the bottom of the airbox so they sit behind the filter and now have equal pressure . this cured all the cruising problems but w.o.t. was still a bit rough so lifted the needles to the highest point and bike now pulls great and is smooth reving.
I would like a bit more midrange grunt but I reckon this is down to the muzzy 4 into 1 and racing can being a bit to free flowing
when I get a chance I will get it back on the dyno and see how it looks. thanks for all the support and encouragement. thumbs 

great she's running well and sorted ian - you done a great job there m8 a credit to you thumbs 
you riding her tomorrow ?

made a few changes fitted radial front master cylinder, new x-ring chain,decided I did not like the look of the jubilee clips on the plumbing so I got some of those that look like a hydraulic hose fitting but have a jubilee clip hidden inside just got 2 to see what they were like need to get another 5 for the other side, got my wideband air fuel ratio gauge and I welded the bung for the oxygen sensor into my link pipe wired it up and it works great. painted my wheels gold and clad in new contiroad attack 2 tyres. changed the oil in my forks. and finally treated the bike to a new paintjob, my seat is away getting recovered to match the new paintwork. looking forward to getting back out on her soon.

when I get my seat back I will be able to see what the fueling is like on the road.

It was nice before but that is out of this world , very cleaver man you are  thumbs thumbs 

@madsod wrote:
It was nice before but that is out of this world ,   very cleaver man you are  thumbs thumbs 

thanks m8 don't think I'm that clever but I like to tinker with stuff and I get bored very easily so like to keep busy.

Fookin el ian she is stunning. She will turn some heads thats for sure. Cool 

as mark says that's fecking stunning ian bet your well proud hows she's turned out  thumbs thumbs 

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool  Stunning Ian, when we were up Westgate I did wonder about that gold in the saddle shop but all becomes clear now! will finish it off a treat, fantastic job mate!  thumbs thumbs thumbs thumbs 

Looks awsome mate what a difference with the paint work alone Great work  thumbs thumbs 

got my seat back spot on job as usual from dave at dp leathers on westgate rd top bloke and highly recommended for any leather repairs.

got this little number today also

That really has finished it of now ride it and don't get bored well for a few weeks  Laughing Laughing 

@madsod wrote:
That really has finished it of now ride it and don't get bored well for a few weeks  Laughing Laughing 
+1  thumbs 

took a few tools on a run out yesterday to try and tweek my suspension settings got it a little better but I need softer fork springs fitting as have backed the preload full off and still can't get the required amount of sag, so its compromising the back end setting, on a plus note I have just about got my fueling dialled in to where I want it after fitting my afr I ended up putting in a much bigger main jet and shimming the needles as they were at the max lift on the adjustable clips. so the ram air mods k and n filter muzzy pipes and racing can must be pushing a lot more air flow than standard set up. but need to get the suspension sorted cos it gets a bit lary at high speed over bumps.
ps I can now take my carbs off blindfolded.  Rolling Eyes 

Nice on does take time to get it right but well worth it in the end ,  Laughing Laughing 

@madcarper wrote:
took a few tools on a run out yesterday to try and tweek my suspension settings got it a little better but I need softer fork springs fitting as have backed the preload full off and still can't get the required amount of sag, so its compromising the back end setting, on a plus note I have just about got my fueling dialled in to where I want it after fitting my afr I ended up putting in a much bigger main jet and  shimming the needles as they were at the max lift on the adjustable clips. so the ram air mods k and n filter muzzy pipes and racing can must be pushing a lot more air flow than standard set up. but need to get the suspension sorted cos it gets a bit lary at high speed over bumps.
ps I can now take my carbs off blindfolded.  Rolling Eyes 

I can read it, but I swear he's not speaking English   Shocked    Shocked    Shocked    Shocked 

Impressive mate. It's taken you time to do, as the good things always do, but the end product is stunning   thumbs    thumbs    thumbs   thumbs   
Hats off to you mate. Respect   salute    salute    clap    clap

suspensions a black art I rarely touch mine and only if the bikes like a kangaroo on speed  Laughing 
I had to do the Cat last year as I reckon a right porker had owned it everything was maxed out so I backed it off one and a quarter turns and shes rock steady now, im sure you'll get there ian might be worth going with mark when he gets his set up just to see whats what  thumbs 

will have a look when the missus gets up and puts her facebook log in details in as I don't use it.

@madcarper wrote:
will have a look when the missus gets up and puts her facebook log in details in as I don't use it.

yeah its on ian looks good. Cool