Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

whats the best bike you've ever owned

by that i dont mean best as in what other people think,which bike made you shed a little tear when you sold it.mine was a 2002 Honda Fireblade RR2,i had that bike for 5 years and did 45,000 miles on it. Sad

few did my old honda cr85 as a kid was sad to go, first quicker bike, loved it. sad to see last mx bike go, but maybe thats cos it was the last.

on road rx50 50cc sports bike, had so much fun on it, cbr125, loved that bike. and will be sad to see bandit go i must say

Saddest to see go: My E1 ZZR600. Had it for a few years, put over 50K on it doing a few RBR's and extended trips round Europe.

Miss the most: My 1990 Yamaha TZR250 2MA. Immense fun wringing it's neck Sad

xjr 400! at the time i couldn't afford £15/£16 on fuel every day Sad sold it to buy something less tuned and more economical Smile

my old aprilla rs 125 Sad was a great first bike Sad

My old Honda 400-4. We grew up together in a way, wish I'd still got it. Sad That said, the best bike I've had is my ZZR1200 which I still have after 8 years. As has been said before, the love child of a rocket engine and a sofa. Yeah baby! thumbs

Me old b6 mk1 she was a lovelly bike never missed a beat in years, and offcourse me first bike i ever rode an honda xl 79 reg Sad

I had a honda 500 T not sure it is the best bike i have had , but would like one again , very nice ride . way back in 1979 , thumbs

All of my bikes. I spent lots of time and money making them look the mutts nuts and they all gave me hours of enjoyment.

I'm the same with cars although I haven't modded this one. I'll still be sad to see it go whenever I have to sell it though.

well maybe not the "best" but I had a DT175 and I loved that bike, real fun to ride but only did local miles back then Very Happy

The first of the RD400s.Great bike,thrashed it everywhere and even more when expansion chambers fitted.Even manage to load it up with fishing gear Very Happy

my blade (RIP) i built it from the ground up and it touched the soul

After having a think about this one I don't think the 400F was in fact the best bike I've owned.Having had so many bikes over the years they have all been good but have had there faults.The XS1100E was good smooth zero vibes shaft drive steady as a rock on Motorways and in high winds,But at 235kg (631 lb)starts toget heavey with 24litres (6.34 gallon)swishing about makes for entertaining handling.

The Bandit 1200 good bike fast handles well light compaird with the above.poor tank range and the seats not the worlds best design chain drive ok but 23 years riding a shaft dirty oily things, naaaaa stoneage.

So I am still looking for the best bike ever Has to be light, shaft drive, good tank range,handle well,take you any where, cruise all day at 80mph, quite motor, modern and reliable.easy to work on and maintain.

so what fits the above?BMW R100T?Dunno your call.

Its probably the GS750 as i had when i was 18 the first big bike

Gotta be my mk1 600. First big bike. Owned for years with very little problems and had it set up just to my needs. I could ride it flat out everywhere I knew her so well. You know it's set up
Right when 1200's can't keep up with you in the twisties.

ZZR1100C3.

Chain adjusters upside down to raise the rear,
suspension rebuilt as "sports" not bag of custard,
lots of engine work,
Twin headlamp "2 x 90w" conversion for midnight run's.

My Kat holds the record at 12 years as the longest i've kept any bike.

Dont think there was anything by the end that I hadnt chopped,
changed, broken or taken to bit's !

I bought myself a 1980 ET to replace it,
but i'll still have another Kat one day.
(needs to be a SD, black motor, alloy pegs,
GSXR slabbie style wheel model)

has to be my honda 50 with a 70 engine in it. the thing ploughed through all weather snow, ice and rain and never missed a beat. used to carry my coal and logs home on the back of it. only thing it ever needed was almost annual welding at the back end no matter what i did the tin worm used to creep in.