Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rickburnout666

30 year old XT250 now a WRXT 350X StupidMoto Build By me & Sponsored by Fleabay

eres a peak though so people don't ignore your post :P

believed to have started like this..

has some of these

and a pair of these...

Now ya all gotta wait to see the rest of his bike hehe.

Thanx fr499y well thats some parts from the pile of scrap build from the Supermoto site fr499y & me use, hopefully by next week i should have my engine put back together, with a brand new Kickstart shaft fitted, and a completely new Exhaust built with some new & some not so new parts thumbs

A quick parts & picture list of what my 30 year old XT250 has got & having, to turn it into a StupidMoto. WRXT 350X
Front & rear wheels updated with Cagiva Mito/Super City
110x17 Front

150x17 rear. Both wheels have discs, so it should stop better than it did with the crap Yammy drums

Brembo stopping power on the rear came from a Cagiva Mito caliper & mount

Front caliper & mount from a YZF R125

And the other identical caliper came from a KTM 520 EXC.. So 2 Brembos up front & 1 at the rear should stop the bike DEAD
Suspension, next came a DTR125 forks & yokes Rear end was made up from an XT350 swing arm
the shock was replaced with a GSXR400 SP fully adjustable shock these were fitted together using a DT125LC MK3 linkage Which fitted the XT350 swing arm perfect just a little modding to fit the Gixer shock. Front brake is operated by a Yamaha moto cross master cylinder with short lever rear brake by a Suzuki GSX600F Master cylinder next to modding the frame parts I cut off the rear subframe as i am making one to fit the seat & Sidepanals, needed some hangers &rear pegs for anyone who's brave enough to climb aboard, they came off a KMX200,
Bodywork & styling, Tank & rad scoops came off a Yamaha 2002 WR 426F Rad louvers from same bike Front mudguard is a UFO Supermoto guard Rear guard is Acerbis WR400 SuperMoto Seat from WR450-YZF450 Front light UFO universal headlight Rear light & number plate hanger is UFO with LED lights
then there's the WR 250,450 Side panels Grips Renthal Donutz Universal Hand guards
anodized mirrors and mounts

Blue bar ends & paddock stand mounts

Next bits for the engine gear lever as i didn't have one

& Funky looking Carbon air filters

I wasn't happy with the DTR forks so i got some USD ones from a SuKi DRZ400 copy, WK300 these was a bit faded so i covered them with heat shrink and got some Aprilia RS125 yokes to fit them, as the RS had clamp on bars i got some Bar clamps off mr Chad, swapped for indicators, BARGAIN !! Great for my Renthals to go on to, I also fitted some
UFO Suzuki RM125-250 01-03 Fork guards

Next comes the Exhaust system, i gad the XT350 downpipes but the was as skinny as sketti and more rusty than a rusty rusted thing !! so i thought build my own, so i managed to get some 1987 VF400 downpipes to fit

I just need to make collector box & fit it to the main pipe going to the end can, which i made from 2 pit bike cans, they had 28mm inlets & 38mm outlets

So i opened them up, got rid of the 28mm inlets fitted it all together

"JOB DONE" Kinda !! i just got to fix it all together

Nearly forgot this, i am adding an oil cooler to the XT350 engine, it don't have one as standard but i'm fitting this one from a Quad or Buggy of some sort, plus its the right size to sit behind one of the rad scoops

if i want to fit another the other side, Has anyone got an oil cooler from a ZZR 600 D or E as they are a close match

sounds like a intresting build,keep us updated thumbsthumbs

Yes i will keep you all posted on this slow build, i would like to get it finished before April as i've been off the road now since 2003 due to illness,busted back & being skint. i think i've nearly got everything i need to finish it, minus a kickstart, 2 meters of 38mm tubing, and some good luck lol. When its done it will be time to party

Ile look forward to keeping an eye on the build thanks foer sharing thumbs

Been trawling here, there & everywhere to find a kickstart suitable for this pile of changing motorcycle, found a few that fit the spline DT125/175 MX, RD250/350LC but they either was too long (for my little legs) or was too skinny & looked like they would snap after a few kicks on the old beast, finally found a RSX100 that suited me & the bike dimensions etc etc, so looking at one on fleabay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260556110730?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
and also need an exhaust bracket for the can i made so more fleabay goodies to be purchased after crimbo
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150716154232?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
plus as the end can is nice & legal Officer i'll get one of these fitted
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150705155696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
or i might just stamp the right digits into the end can
A fair bit of work should be going on over crimbo & new year if i aint to hammered on shandy
So hopefully i will have a few pictures up to show you what i've been up too

just a note to ya mate, dont put a stamp on it and dont use one of them plates.. if theres no markings its up to them what to do.. if theres a plate/stamped numbers that dont look right, you can kiss ya ass goodbye. Oh and never had a problem with a non stamped can, not even at MOT time ( With no baffles and no hole to fit one )

got the kickstart shaft fitted only to find i only had 1 gear, not sure what it was but neutral was above it, that's all i could get, so i decided to take the clutch off so i could have a look if the gear selector had been bent as they do when the bikes get dropped on the left side, but trouble started when i went to take the clutch off, i couldn't do it without the special tool, found one on ebay for 34 quid http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140661604563?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649,
money i aint got this time of year so decided to make my own, started off with a bit of aluminium (was part of an old road sign) i drew what i needed and started to hack away

before long i ended up with what i needed, plus i needed to connect it to a spare steel clutch plate i had

then drilled 12 holes in both bits and riveted them together

Then stuck it on the clutch basket held it firmly, and got the bolt undone easily
Then took the basket off,and found the problem, the selector wasn't bent, the drum and selector had been put together wrong, put it together right, and now i got all my gears party

Things have slowed down a bit, just waiting to get the half frame jig sorted, as the frame needs to be chopped about a bit, so the WR bits n pieces fit, coz they dont right now, and the Jig will keep everything where it should be when i start chopping & welding

Have been searching Fleabay for ages to find a XT350 ignition switch with the same wiring as my knackered one, the closest i could find was 30 odd quid, so after a little thinking, decided to buy the cheapest same style ignition, which came off a RD350 YPVS, Took this & my XT350 ignition apart, mixed the good,the broke & the usable parts and finally ended up with a fully functioning WRXT 350X ignition, Just call me Sir Mixalocks

Then had to fit it to the RS125 top yoke,i had to drill out the 2 6mm bolts mounting holes to 8mm and bolt it on, i just have to make spacers to cover the 2 bolts (1 arrowed in pic) and shield it all from thieving scumbags eyes

Without improvisation, things just get too expensive or not get done, and a build like this needs a lot of improvisation

A few changes to my original plans, first the VF400 downpipes i was using,just wasn't long enough & i had to make a collector box, NOT now i don't, i managed to pick up a CB250/400 Motad cheap it just needs to be cut down after the Y piece and have the rest of the pipe welded to it, also adding a Fuel/Air ratio gauge to let me know if the mixture is right, and i have to mount a Universal Lambda sensor to the pipework to get it all functioning

Gauge

After having the engine apart and noticing the original wire mesh oil filter was shite i decided to look for a Hi Flo filter, more expense for a XT350 one, so i tried looking using the part number & found a premium oil filter (Hi Flo) for a Yamaha Raptor 250 Raptor250 YFM250, same part number at about half the price

Another change of plan was the Bellypan, i was going to use a Honda VF750F one but it looked too bulky and box like, so i found a nice cheap Honda VTR1000 Firestorm belly pan Fleabay with P&P under a tenner Smile it was a bit of guess work and wasn't too sure if it would fit or be too big, but it came today & it looks like it was made for my bike

Just needs to be sprayed white
As i fitted a 1991 Cagiva Mito rear wheel to the bits of bike, wheel was cheap & included Disc & Sprocket, i later found out the disc was warped so had to get another, price & P&P £18.50 for a 2007 one BARGAIN !!!

As i made my end can out of 2 Pit Bike cans, i was going to make a bracket but found a brand new pit bike one for pennies

As i have done away with the airbox (never had one) the Crankcase breather pipe had nowhere to go, so i got a 14mm Breather Filter

Last thing as i am fitting the old beast with an oil cooler which is larger and higher up than the standard XT350 oil coolers (when & if they have em fitted)
I got hold of a non return one way oil valve, to stop the oil draining from the Cooler when the engine stops

Time to start building now, well once my Frame Jig is sorted (Tuesday hopefully)

It'll be cool if i get it sorted by the hot summer, and even cooler as I've now been off the road 9 years, but the 350 will do me fine, i just cant afford Mille's & Ducati's no more Sad , oh well my insurance should be a lot less thumbs

keep us updated,this will be one interesting bike when its done thumbsthumbs

A few more bits for the Stupidmoto first thing was to add a decompressor/hot start lever as the decompressor on the XT350 engine runs from the kickstart mechanism, which is OK for booting the bike into life, but is as useful as an ashtray on a Ducati, if you got to bump start the bike on an icy road

With it fitted things seemed to be OK until i tried steering the bike, was OK one way but the other way the cable was too short, so i had to make one for the job so i used some adjuster parts off the 250 decompressor cable i had & added them to a pushbike brake cable kit i had, & hey presto got a long enough hot start cable now, new cable on the left old too short cable on right

Got my 250/400 Superdrip exhaust cut it down,

Still got to do a fair bit of work to get the downpipes to fit onto the exhaust ports, should keep me busy for a while
lastly got an All balls Chain roller, just got to make to rest of the kit to fit it to the swing arm

That's not the first time I've heard that, I've been offered £1800 for it when its finished (loony & XT350 Nut) This bike aint for sale for any amount of cash, Built by me Just for me. Better than original thumbs

Not a lot happening at the moment, backs giving me hell, so I'm taking it squeezy for a bit.
Got some more fleabay bargains.
Gas Gas speedo & wiring harness

Got to build a dash for it & the other guages i got coming for it.
So got some LED idiot lights to go on the dash

Also a Red/Blue flashing LED for my alarm to connect too

and found out the front brake hose was too short for the USD forks (was ok for the DTR forks i had) So i got a Braided HEL hose. for pennies as usual

And for the Swing arm. i got the MONO CROSS stickers made up how i wanted them (monster style)

Just had a look through the posts on this, i said ready by April but didnt say what year Very Happy

It's not so much of a cracking job at the moment, but done some cracking shopping, I needed a Flywheel cover for the 350, as i ain't got one, they are as rare as sawdust??? I mean rockin' horse poop, Was looking at the only one available on fleabay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-1986-XT-350-XT350-Fly-Wheel-Sprocket-Cover-/200654519741?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb7f0fdbd
The postage was about what i wanted to pay.
Anyway asked loads of people who was selling & breaking XT350's, and I finally struck it lucky, A guy had on and asked me to make an offer, so i got it for £20 including P&P, so i recon thats a BARGAIN
party

Slightly Passed off today, got a parcel today, which should have been my flywheel cover, but was sent a front disc cover???? so i emailed the numpty who sent it, he rang me back, and said he didn't have the part i wanted,and was confused as what i wanted ????? Retard Springs to mind !!! so I got a refund. So still on the look out for a flywheel cover Sad

Back again but with a smile on my face, after the feck up with the retard sending me the wrong part, i got the right part this time i know its the right part as i tracked the guy down and got him to list it with a picture on fleabay 20 quid with postage, its not the cleanest but DILLIGAF Very Happy
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110863396152?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
got a couple of these just for fun too
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ebay-Built-Sticker-vinyl-decal-funny-car-van-motorbike-/220795046166?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3368690916
The Gas Gas electronic speedo that i had got for the bike was a bit of a disappointment, as i was told how to change the wheel sizes on the system, but found out that it could only be changed from a 21 inch wheel size to a 19 inch wheel, so i will be keeping hold of it, and will use it if & when i stick the 21 front wheel on with the knobblies for the snowy season....next week i think ? so without spending too much cash as i do, managed to find a digital bike speedo made by Bell the helmet peeps, with delivery for under a fiver thumbshttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270951724731?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 the cheap build goes on slowly