Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stantheman

hardest thing ive had to do

just got back from the vets ive had to have our 14yr old chocolate lab put to sleep Sad

Sorry, I feel for you. But I am sure you will have so many fond memories.

I have had to do that myself twice. Its a horrible thing to have to go through.

There is nothing I can say to help......
Best wishes

just got back from the vets ive had to have our 14yr old chocolate lab put to sleep Sad

sad day stan sorry to hear that m8 Sad

Really feel for you mate, been in that position myself. Very sad day.

So sorry to hear this Stan Sad give my best to your family.

It may be the hardest thing you've had to do, but it's also the kindest. Our chocolate lab was only 8 when I had to make the decision on the phone, while the vet kept her under having discovered massive cancer. As I type I'm fighting the tears but it was without doubt the correct thing to do. Chin up mate, you did right. Smile

So sorry to hear this ive been through this 4 times and it gets harder everytime.
Only animal lovers can understand your loss.

we had to do this in november with our 13 1/2 yr cocker spaniel, his ashes still in loft cant face burying them with his ball yet.

However we now have a puppy english springer spaniel called Rosie (my names Jim )
for any of you with kids Rosie and Jim.

She can't replace the old dog but she's a real charector and gets me out for walks.

Find a nice photo put him on your screensaver..

feel for you stan! one of the hardest things about having pets. but im sure you will have many fond memories

Guest Guest

something you never forget Sad xx

when i took our lurcher in to be put down (cancer) I came out blubbing. Damn thing used to annoy me at times too , it was the most disobedient dog I'd ever had , never listened to what i said . I swear it done things to pee me off.
I thought it would not affect me having him put down but it probably affected me the most. Especially as he was always waiting to greet me when i got home ....thats the bit i missed the most when he first went.

we too had piper cremated , his box of ashes are still in the backroom on a shelf .
we'll bury them one day.

we were just talking about the time she pinched the christmas turkey off the cooker on boxing day years ago and when she pinched the sausages when i was making sausage rolls for our andys 7th birthday party she was still thieving last night when she pinched our andys potato skins good times

we were just talking about the time she pinched the christmas turkey off the cooker on boxing day years ago and when she pinched the sausages when i was making sausage rolls for our andys 7th birthday party she was still thieving last night when she pinched our andys potato skins good times
Bless her Stan, i remeber when me nans dog died i was 8, i grew up with her she was was like a best friend to and she would let noone come anywere near me when i was about, my grandad held me as i was sobbing and said we gave her the best life any dog could have had and we were to remember the good times and that i did, i will dig out a pic later and post it up thumbs

Sad news Stan Sad ,I just want to echo whats already been said. We're on our first dog 10 month old and she's already as much a part of the family as anyone so my deepest sympathy to you mate!