Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stue11

Please do not purchase these brands of tyres...

We had this memo come on email today..this is serious guys and gals and i thought i'd give you the heads up thumbs

REACH is the european union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and restriction of Chemicals.

Tyre outlets and garages have to be compliant with these regulations decided by the 'European Tyre and Rubber Manufacturers' Association'.

These are the brands that are not currently compliant and ive seen many knocking about on folks cars which isnt good, mainly sold by backstreet garages..

These are the brands to avoid at all cost's some may come as a suprise to some as they may be allready fitted to your cage, the list is as follows...

Car tyres, Westlake, Zeetex, Hero, Kumho, Ling Long, Infinity, Fullrun, Gremax, and Fullway.

Van tyres, Federal.

Motorcycle, Golden tyre.

So please folks bare this in mind if purchasing budget tyres, they may be cheap but can also be leathel. thumbs

ShockedShocked stue I fitted some Kumho yesterday at work affraidaffraid

@Stue11 wrote:
We had this memo come on email today..this is serious guys and gals and i thought i'd give you the heads up thumbs

REACH is the european union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and restriction of Chemicals.

Tyre outlets and garages have to be compliant with these regulations decided by the 'European Tyre and Rubber Manufacturers' Association'.

These are the brands that are not currently compliant and ive seen many knocking about on folks cars which isnt good, mainly sold by backstreet garages..

These are the brands to avoid at all cost's some may come as a suprise to some as they may be allready fitted to your cage, the list is as follows...

Car tyres, Westlake, Zeetex, Hero, Kumho, Ling Long, Infinity, Fullrun, Gremax, and Fullway.

Van tyres, Federal.

Motorcycle, Golden tyre.

So please folks bare this in mind if purchasing budget tyres, they may be cheap but can also be leathel. thumbs

ooooh check dads later. they are cheap crap. and rear keep going down as new keep telling him to go back!

dads got fortuna! crap tyres.

mums got nexun.

my rears are bridgestone i think, and my fronts are gt radials or something top of the range so i was told!

@Stue11 wrote:

Van tyres, Federal.

Motorcycle, Golden tyre.

thanks for the heads up m8 thumbs

Cheers m8 will watch out for em when i get tyres fitted thumbs

Nice one Stu.Just checked mine with me trusty tourch .I always thought Kumho and Federal were middle of the road tyres affraid
You live n learn thumbs

Cheers Stue thumbs Will check with the young 'uns, see if they've heard of this as well

Thanks Stu thumbs

Would never dream of buying anything but quality tyres for my car or bike.. Its my life and those of my passengers.

TheBiker46 wrote:
Thanks Stu thumbs

Would never dream of buying anything but quality tyres for my car or bike.. Its my life and those of my passengers.

agree

have had kumho tyres before ok in the dry but absolutely shite in the wet.