Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

any car mechanics? ugent

sorry if its in the wrong bit ans sorry i know its a bike forum but im desprate now.

my 2002 ford ka, is makeing a clunking, rattling noise on the let seems to be front.

it doesnt do it over things like speed bumps but more the wiggly bits ion the road, at first thought something was hanging off but cant find anything. only 5thing we saw is the wishone on that side moved around more in my opinion.

however this was replaced 3.5 months ago.

im lost, and its up for sale! cant find asnything and really cat afford a mechanic. so trying to get it ixed asap.

knew is should have stuck to the bike, know where i stand there

Track rod end is a possible, or the drive shaft universal joint is on the way out. Smile

PS: that said, I'd still want to be sure that the wishbone ball joint was OK

lucys KA makes a racket but i think thats the spare tyre underneath at the rear scratch

Track rod end is a possible, or the drive shaft universal joint is on the way out. Smile

PS: that said, I'd still want to be sure that the wishbone ball joint was OK

ball joints new. the roll link arm is a week old :/

and cheers dick ill give tgat a try

as said cv joint,find a big car park full lock go round in circles if the knocking is there,then ok when straight I would go for cv joint thumbs

Have a good look at the coil springs on the front shocks the ends snap off! check the wheels are tight to.

Chad.Jack it up and check that the front spring has'nt broke.Feel rould with ya fingers in the cup on the strut(the bit the bottom of the spring sits in.)
Another thing it could be is the front anti roll bar bush.They tend to make more noise on small bumps/imperfections on the road than pot holes.You should see one each side holding the anti roll bar to the bottom of the car.Check these with the front of the car in the air.Only about a fiver if its them thumbs

get one off your m8's to rock tthe tyre side to side and top bottom and you look under car at the suspension joints/bushes to see which ones have excess play in them

Thanx guys. Lee it does it straight. Bit quieter if turning left thou but only slightly.

Spring not snapped.

And thanx Paul ill look at that. Wink

And Neil. The rear wishbone bush bounces about. But its quite new?

would still do all the checks people have suggested
thumbsthumbs

Nope. Think arms nackard after 5 months. New one here in morning if not that I can take it back.

Don't think that all new parts are actually new or even fit for purpose. My mechanic bought some bits (funnily enough wishbones for a ford) and they turned out to be shagged when he bought them. It took him ages and a threat of action to have them replaced! It sounds a lot of hassle for a cheap part but he is south african and loves a fight Smile

you're right Gavlar. In fact, I've had to replace drop links myself after pathetically short periods of time, so may be worth a look as you say Chad. Roll link I think you called it, same thing I'd guess. Smile

bought new arm, and took old off.

fecking hell dont know how i was still driving it, 4 months old and the arm was fecked.

takeing it back if he gets arsey im takeing it to tradeing standard, ball joint rubbers semi perished and busk it knackerd. no make stamp etc, think he selling cheap crap. that cost £24.94.

new one got off a friend with a car spares and accessories show, £24.19, hq brand with a years warrenty, and it so muhc better quality.

put it on and wheels got less play, and while was there pout new front brake pads on, just had shower and some food ill go for a test soon thumbs

Nice one chad glad you sorted it thumbsthumbs

Sad fixed an unknow problem drives better and a lot smoother so thats un up for the sale. but knocking still there Sad gutted. just a paint i know half a dozen bike mechanics, but very little car soapbox

nice one chad thumbs did you check the anti roll bar drop links there made of toffee Laughing

@lee wrote:
nice one chad thumbs did you check the anti roll bar drop links there made of toffee Laughing

all new lee Sad

@lee wrote:

all new lee Sad
weren't the bottom arm new to

@lee wrote:
@lee wrote:

all new lee Sad
weren't the bottom arm new to

was 4 months old and naffed taking it back maybe through their window but got a new one today and fitted with 1 year warrenty!

Never changed them myself but I think you have to drop the mac person strut down. If I remember right there's a locking nut/pin on top of the strut, might be worth checking, and maybe get a Haynes manual it covers all the procedures . thumbs

Fixed party

That dodgy arm has loosened the roll link bolt. On ramps tighten it up. Volla Smile

Had a view but don't think their having it. He was sniffing coolant, oil, looking underx is for his mum

A lot of the parts for older fords are refurbished especially the mondeo.Aparantly you can only buy refurbised rear brake calipers for them and me m8's onto his 4set there crap. thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
A lot of the parts for older fords are refurbished especially the mondeo.Aparantly you can only buy refurbised rear brake calipers for them and me m8's onto his 4set there crap. thumbs

Shocked 4th set

Effin balls tits #####

had a viewer today hes an ex mechanic
the car buzzed hich i was told was an airbox. he looked and when driveing it nas its for his wife we said its not air box, wither flexi is naffed whats only £21.

or what he thought it was is a bearing to the drive shaft what is built into the gearbox! Sad

he complimented the car sayin how much of a nice little car it was just that noise, taking it to a garage tmoz to see if they can confirm this if so ill have to keep it and use it till it goes and probably put a new gearbox as he said the amount it will vost it would be cheaper to have a new box fitted!

fingers crossed its the 20 odd quid flexi!

you not having much luck chad hope you find the fault thumbs

@dick65 wrote:

yeah cheers mate hopw its cheap! glad micky didnt have it now would never want him to have thios hassle!

@dick65 wrote:

yeah cheers mate hopw its cheap! glad micky didnt have it now would never want him to have thios hassle!

Your a good kid chad thank you son thumbs

@dick65 wrote:

Your a good kid chad thank you son thumbs

thanx mate Smile

and good news! that buzz is gone!

took it to a garage where our family takes their cars and he wpnt a good hour and a half and found an engine mount was crookid!

£25 sorted party

sweet as a nut now! thumbs