Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

cant beleive I did it

Did a pdi at work today then took it to the garage to put £20.00 worth of diesel in it

put censored petrol in it hide then if that wasnt bad enough left me phone at work
the woman in the garage wouldnt let me use there phone censoredcensored

one of them busy body type that work there but think they own the place

and if that wasnt bad enough had to walk 2 mile back to work in the sunnysunny
to everyone saying where ya been head bang

can honestly say this is the first time ive ever done this what a numpty hide

affraid

phonesv funny
sorry to laugh Lee

But Rodney What A Plonker

your a brave man admitting this on here

whats your name stue?

and stuffed up bi*ch, should have sat in shop till she let you.

Oh dear Lee Laughing its starting to be embarrising week is this LaughingLaughing

Mate, BP out here changed their pump logo's
to BP ULTIMATE unleaded and BP ULTIMATE Deisel.
One of our Excavater operators filled a deisel ute up
with petrol then filled the 300 litre fuel tank up
that he carries on the back to refuel !

Lucky his fuel card only lets him pay for deisel
so it was spotted at the servo.

Wasnt cheap !!

bought the mrs a turbo diesel golf last week its her first diesel car and i wont let her fill it up at the garage cos i know whatll happen Sad

@Grumpyowl wrote:
affraid

phonesv funny
sorry to laugh Lee

But Rodney What A Plonker

your a brave man admitting this on here

@Stue11 wrote:
Oh dear Lee Laughing its starting to be embarrising week is this LaughingLaughing

@madsod wrote:
time to get that white stick Lee LaughingLaughing
dont know what I was thinking Embarassed feel free to mock as much as you all like

I did sort it out though,easy fix if ya dont start the car thumbs

Lee, youre not the first and you most certainly wont be the last. At least you got it sorted

did the same, both me and the wife's cars are diesel, hadn't used the bike much, returning from a sunday motorbike jaunt filled the tank with diesel, plenty of smoke and just got home before it choked up pretty much.

Emptied the tank, changed the plugs, filled it with pertol and it was fine, luckily I don't have injection otherwise it might have been different.

My mind was on autopilot, remember thinking about the things I had to do when I got into work the next day so - being distracted was part of it plus the fact that I had got so used to putting diesel in vehicles.

You feel such an idiot afterwards.

I did sort it out though,easy fix if ya dont start the car thumbs
[/quote]

I take it you'll tell the new owner.
phonesv funny

My wife did it a few years ago to a brand new 206 hdi, we only had it 2 weeks when she called me after driving it from the garage about a mile down the road when it started spluttering.
luckily enough a mate of mine at the time was the chief technician at my local Peugeot dealer so after a frantic late night phone call to him I got it towed there with a non starting fault Smile and he sorted it out for me under warranty thumbs

He did inform me though this was a regular occurrence with customers putting wrong fuel in and is NOT covered under the warranty and in extreme cases with damaged parts can cost £1000.

All I can say is my wife was a very lucky girl Laughing

I've done it once, years ago in a company transit. Realised after putting about a quarter of a tank in, so paid for the petrol out of my own pocket and then filled up the rest with diesel on the company fuel card. Seemed to get away with it Wink

@Macie_UK wrote:
I've done it once, years ago in a company transit. Realised after putting about a quarter of a tank in, so paid for the petrol out of my own pocket and then filled up the rest with diesel on the company fuel card. Seemed to get away with it Wink

I'm not entirely clear which is the most damaging way round, I think the nozel on the pumps are designed not to let you put diesel in a modern petrol car - so if that is right a bit of petrol in an old diesel might not have been too bad. Think the newer 'common rail' diesels with injection don't like petrol at all though.

Not sure about all that, it's my understanding anyway.