Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aceuggy

Guilty....or not?

Yep, guilty as charged! Done the iridium visor thing, fleece over the leathers, not on the track though, sunglasses under the clear visor and St George cross sliders

@aceuggy wrote:
Yep, guilty as charged! Done the iridium visor thing, fleece over the leathers, not on the track though, sunglasses under the clear visor and St George cross sliders

saying them things shame biking is a load of shit. I ride with cammo trousers, i have had tinted and iridium visors, theres nothing wrong with spot likes on a bike, rim tape is good to make you more visable ( as 99% of it is reflective ) and again with hi-vis jackets.. If we done what they would say is better, then we would all be riding with no lights on, black clothing, silent bikes ready for these doasy shits on the road to smack us off!

@fr499y wrote:
@aceuggy wrote:

saying them things shame biking is a load of shit. I ride with cammo trousers, i have had tinted and iridium visors, theres nothing wrong with spot likes on a bike, rim tape is good to make you more visable ( as 99% of it is reflective ) and again with hi-vis jackets.. If we done what they would say is better, then we would all be riding with no lights on, black clothing, silent bikes ready for these doasy shits on the road to smack us off!

Wasn't meant to be taken too seriously mucka. lol!

ive got a sam browne belt Sad clear visor, black revit sliders no comedy jobs, rim tape was on the bike Laughing

Well im guilty of two of those already and have been for a while... LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing made me LaughingLaughingLaughing when i read the Fleece over leather as everyone knows ive a Rizla suzuki LaughingLaughing and i also have iridium visor foflfoflfoflfofl nevermind ile still wear em foflfoflfofl

I'M OLD ENOUGH NOT TO STUDY TRENDS---OR FASHIONS---
OR FOR THAT MATTER CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK----

DON'T GIVE A FLYING-FART finger WHAT 'THE-OTHERS ' THINK

im guilty for the following

-jeans in boots
-cuddly toy (got a keyring crocadile, and since worn a kermit the from back pack Laughing )
-have had rim tape in the past
-got a chrome visor
-got a high vis strip for long night journeys
-stick on ears kinda (had a mohawk Embarassed )

party

@Davehutch wrote:
not guilty of one of those , but thats why i have a b=king , good to be different sidecar

agree Not guilty of any of them. That's why I have one of the fastest production bikes thumbsthumbs And it's not restricted thumbs And, of course, it's the fastest colour on the road thumbsthumbsfoflfofl

Actually I have a mirrored visor on the HJC, but it's not an iridium Laughing

In mitigation:
Camo trousers, but not on the bike.
Hi-viz - my winter bike jacket does have hi-viz on it, but it was bought despite that, because it was cheap from Aldi. Embarassed
Fleece over leathers - yeah guilty Shocked
Sunglasses under clear visor - loads, because I'm a speccy censored and as far as I'm aware you can't get a prescription lens dark visor - and even if you can, it's easier to change glasses than visors!

Not guilty on matching kit, but don't see what's wrong with it really.

I can however *guarantee* that rim tape, fashion jackets, brand clash and the rest are not going to happen.

By the way, if a cuddly teddy is naff, I suppose the 20 foot flashing rope light I ran on the ZZR during the christmas season would fall into the same category? hide

Got non of them but always wanted an iridium visor. Did have rim tape but now got polished rims.

full hi viz jacket
cammo trousers, on and off the bike
pants over my trousers Twisted Evil
As said , who really cares, I wear what I want and ride what I want.

Does hi-viz really reduce accidents? People might see you, they might not but hi-viz screams ‘I don’t trust myself on this thing anymore’.

there's something in this - I'm guilty all right

@Iano wrote:

Does hi-viz really reduce accidents? People might see you, they might not but hi-viz screams ‘I don’t trust myself on this thing anymore’.

there's something in this - I'm guilty all right
I think in terrible conditions such as heavy rain and offcourse night riding then yea i think it does, coming back from our annual rideout last year it was raining really heavy wifey was following behind in her car and all she could see was me back light and me lid see pic below.

and since then i purchased me rizla top to go over me leathers and the amount of folk have commented on that they knew it was me from a mile away does make ya think thumbs

I bought mine to keep the wife happy as she dosen't like bikes, got no regrets, Anything that gives me an edge is good in my mind.

what I wear over a leather jacklet - interesting comments Stue and ITCHY, glad I'm not alone

Its a work jacket, noticed an engineer colleague wearing one and I could pick him out when he was at the other end of the high street so got myself similar - they are called hi viz contrast bomber jackets and OK maybe I look a bit of a turnip but who cares, it doesn't really matter. Black helmet incidentally.

See I would not wear a black helmet, given the choice.( I say that coz I did have one for a time but got a white one within a few months)

ive got a sam browne belt for night riding and osram night racer lights 90% brighter than standard thumbs

osram night racer lights 90% brighter than standard

notice bikes more as a car driver when their lights (albeit on dip) are powerful in daylight conditions.