Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

thermal tops ?

thinking of getting one for under my leather jacket for those cold morning rides , does anyone wear them and if so any you would recomend ??

@lee wrote:
they look like a bargin lee, just wonder if they will fit Embarassed

Go to your local sport shop dave or camping shop thumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
just brought them I thought it was worth the risk if they fit or not , if they dont I am sure i could sell them on for £13

marie got me a mountain life base layer in the sales a few years back,best base layer ive had thumbs if youve got a TKmax near you have a look in there they've usually got good deals on base layers thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
just brought them I thought it was worth the risk if they fit or not , if they dont I am sure i could sell them on for £13

They stretch dave LaughingLaughing

@lee wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:

They stretch dave LaughingLaughing
thank god for that lol!

Ive got Kooga one that i wore for Rugby thumbs trust me best tops to wear and Dave it keeps all ya muscles tucked in thumbsthumbs tight fitting but they do stretch thumbsthumbs

What about Rimatron on the old B*****t forum. He used to flog those M & S ones for next to nowt. They're pretty good too. thumbs

I wear them, you can get them cheap enough from Go outdoors. and what's with the editing of "bandit forum" ? scratch It's not like its Hogwarts and were forbidden to say Voldermort Very Happy

Like others on here I wear a 'compression' type base layer. Proskins (like the racers wear) is one such make. Direct sports do similar in their golf section. Other good ones are made with 'Merino Wool'

@Robbie wrote:
I wear them, you can get them cheap enough from Go outdoors. and what's with the editing of "bandit forum" ? scratch It's not like its Hogwarts and were forbidden to say you know who Very Happy

Edited, just in case. Very Happy

@aceuggy wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
I wear them, you can get them cheap enough from Go outdoors. and what's with the editing of "bandit forum" ? scratch It's not like its Hogwarts and were forbidden to say you know who Very Happy

Edited, just in case. Very Happy

Laughing

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
just arrived ,well pleased thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
well tried these and dont think much to them so looking at getting some more before my trip to devon , just a good top really , happy with my longjohns bellow , So what do you recommend guys ? , want some thing warm but that can breath

If you buy a cheap waterproof breathable pac a mac type jacket for about a fiver and cut the hood off its surprising how warm they are under your leathers. same principal as these http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=2035&g=329975&p=329993&c=215&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Tops&gclid=CI3lvMbC1LYCFXIPtAodLh8AJg but a fraction of the cost.

I got a pair of trousers from the BMF show for £5 and theyre pretty good.

if you want insulation as well try one of these http://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/index.php/collection/anti-freeze-thermals/ant120-long-sleeve-top-black.html got one from the NEC for £20 a couple of years ago but its a bit snug under my leathers now till I lose a few more pounds.

Really Dave you want a base layer, and a mid layer. That's how us rufty tufty outdoors types dress to stay toasty. A base layer is what it says, no more than Smile

I use a base layer in conjunction with a cycling top normally , the cycle tops usually have a slightly longer back which tucks neatly into the back of the motorcycle trousers and don't ride up keeping you all nice and toasty.
if you get too warm you can always take one of the off as they will roll up and fit in your jacket pocket/tank bag etc.

looks similar to the one I got theyre pretty good, keep the wind out and keep you nice and toasty

ya need to change ya butcher dave its bloody summer now LaughingLaughing

least ya sorted now thumbs

@lee wrote:
ya need to change ya butcher dave its bloody summer now LaughingLaughing

least ya sorted now thumbs
never felt the cold so much since i have packed in the booze,

nice one dave . I've got a similar jacket by coldkillers I wear it over the top of my leathers stops the wind chill cutting thru you and the dead flys just brush off, wear it all the time  thumbs