Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

my wonderfull boss

every year in April we have a wages review and for the last 5 years we "havent made enough money to give the lads a pay rise" even though the boss bought himself a £55,000 Audi A8 in 2009, the manager got a new X type Jag 3 years ago and is now looking at an XF Jag (£30,000)to replace it this year.well this week they finally decided we had made enough to afford a pay rise so they have decided that 2.5% is all were worth BUT because we had an extra day off for the Jubilee its not going to be backdated to April.You can never do too much for a good firm can you?

i would count your blessings m8 before i was made redundant by a company i had worked for 12 years, they chopped our time for jobs then our bonus rate then our teabreaks and finally cut our overtime from time and a half to normal hourly rate. all this from a company turning over hundreds of millions and making a profit .

Yep, Britain is slowly sinking back into Dickensian values, if that's the right word. I'm doing the same job as I did in 2001 for about £6k a year less. So many ppl on min wage or thereabouts it just beats me how they get by cos I find it bloody hard on my moderate salary. Only going to go one way too....... angry

wait til youre a pensioner then see how hard it is. Taxed to pay for a pension then taxed again when you get it.

Snap no pay rise for last ten years for anyone at my place

Just got a promotion today!

Hello super tax! will prob work out with less in take home than on now Sad

Its only money...as long as ive got me health im happy thumbsthumbs

@madcarper wrote:
i would count your blessings m8 before i was made redundant by a company i had worked for 12 years, they chopped our time for jobs then our bonus rate then our teabreaks and finally cut our overtime from time and a half to normal hourly rate. all this from a company turning over hundreds of millions and making a profit .

and this is why the powers that be love it when were in a "recession" because everybody has to work for next to nothing and be glad theyve got a job while the bosses are laughing all the way to the bank.weve got 7 people who work on the shop floor and 8 in the office and this year we made 7.5 million.the office staff get their bonus and pay rise in April and then they all end up buying new cars and jetting off on holiday,last year the manager went to Australia for 3 weeks and the year before he hired an appartment at the Monaco Grand Prix overlooking the track.The big boss supposedly has to go to the middle east a few times a year as we do a lot of work for the oil companies and every time he goes its business class with his wife in tow staying at that big hotel that looks like a sail all paid for by the firm.He even has his Audi washed and vfully valeted at work every thursday,even when its pi**ing it down.

The big boss supposedly has to go to the middle east a few times a year as we do a lot of work for the oil companies and every time he goes its business class with his wife in tow staying at that big hotel that looks like a sail all paid for by the firm.He even has his Audi washed and vfully valeted at work every thursday,even when its pi**ing it down.

Well the boss has to have some perks for dealing with the whining oiks on the shop floor Laughing

Well just what do you expect, Labour opened the flood gates for cheap shite stuff from places like china, This country can't compete so someone has to suffer so the higher classes can still live the life they have become accustomed to........... Laughing

@Stue11 wrote:
Its only money...as long as ive got me health im happy thumbsthumbs

thats the way i look at it matey, can always earn some more ........ thumbs

And if theres such a thing as Karma, the boss is in hospital now, he had a stroke last Thursday.BUPA of course not your NHS rubbish for him..

And if theres such a thing as Karma, the boss is in hospital now, he had a stroke last Thursday.BUPA of course not your NHS rubbish for him..

Dont think we can call the nhs rubbish,its the only free thing we have left