Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aceuggy

New Bike

Decided I wanted a more relaxed ride, so I have traded my Street Triple in for a 2010 Bonneville SE. First impressions are very good, it's fun to ride, goes and handles surprisingly well. Very Happy

Apologies for the rather crappy pic, it was taken with my phone.

Very nice i can see me going this way one day , i would love one thumbsthumbs great to fly the flag ,

Nice choice fella thumbs

There are times I think that I'd like a bike in that style, but unless they do one with no chrome it would just be a waste as I don't suffer the same cleaning fetishes as some around here Laughing

Nice bike. Borrowed one when my ST went in for service. Surprisingly spritely for its size. Enjoyed it. Fancy a Thruxton but the riding style is a bit severe for us oldies!!

Great bike. I worked for a Bike dealer here in Canada and we sold Triumph. Got to ride lots of them and they are great bikes. That one is lots of fun.. thumbs

TheBiker46 wrote:
Nice bike. Borrowed one when my ST went in for service. Surprisingly spritely for its size. Enjoyed it. Fancy a Thruxton but the riding style is a bit severe for us oldies!!

Yes I had a test ride on a Thruxton. I prefer the cafe racer look of the Thruxton, but as you said I found the riding position too uncomfortable, whereas the Bonnie is nice and relaxed. I will probably cafe racer it up a bit over time.

@aceuggy wrote:
TheBiker46 wrote:

Yes I had a test ride on a Thruxton. I prefer the cafe racer look of the Thruxton, but as you said I found the riding position too uncomfortable, whereas the Bonnie is nice and relaxed. I will probably cafe racer it up a bit over time.

Bought a thruxton a few weeks back, cracking bike, bit more poke than the Bonneville but the position takes a bit of getting used to. They dont half shift though when you wind back that throttle!! you got standard cans still? if you want some others i got a set of Triumph Off Road cans for sale thumbs

Yours has the 17" wheels front and back, how does that compare to the 19" on the thruxton?