Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oldfart

How would you feel if this happened to you?

Think i just might be a bit pissed of , what a joke , most times they don.t take what they should

I'd be very suprised if that would happen here cos the t w a ts struggle to take a full wheelie bin if its too full. censored

@jezza wrote:
I'd be very suprised if that would happen here cos the t w a ts struggle to take a full wheelie bin if its too full. censored

Too right, round here they'd stick a yellow sticker on it saying it's too heavy.

@Robbie wrote:
Too right, round here they'd stick a yellow sticker on it saying it's too heavy.

You gotta be kidding? I get the "we won't take it if the lid won't shut" but never heard of that before.

As an aside, why do wheelie bins have a dBa rating on them?

our wheelie bins have microchips and bar codes on them, we were recently told not to hoard plastics for recycling as they have done monitoring and know roughly what plastics a 4 person family should produce weekly. they are a bunch of little hitlers round here. fighting

Dont get me on bins Shocked
Ours are changing.We got a Green recycle one for paper n tins(must be washed out).A black one for everything else witch is emptied once a week.
There now emptying the black one one every 2 weeks and we cant put any waste food in it.There are giving us another small 10 litre bin for the kitchen Shocked and a 25 litre one for outside so when the one in ya kitchen is full of waste food you can scrape it out into the new one outside..just for food n nowt else.. fightinghead bangfinger

Everything go's in mine... Laughing

Bricks, concrete, Tyre's (take the saw to them) all go's... thumbs

Mate's got dozen's of them hidden away,
I didn't like to ask where from..! Shocked
Only thing he can keep his animal food in
that the mice and rats cant get into.
I told him an old deep freeze would be better.

@Macie_UK wrote:
@Robbie wrote:

You gotta be kidding? I get the "we won't take it if the lid won't shut" but never heard of that before.

As an aside, why do wheelie bins have a dBa rating on them?

That's been said here too.

Seems to me, perhaps neighbours may have reported it as an eyesore?, and council do pick up such things, regardless who owns it, if it's been hanging around a while.
There's a car near our sons place, been stood on car-jacks for over a year now, surprised that hasn't been collected by now.
As for bin collection,never had a prob' with our guys....yet.... Must be lucky I guess. thumbs.

I would go censored mental fighting

our bin has a chip on it thought it was incase I lost it fofl

My recycling wheelie bin didn't get emptied because there was a small strip of sellotape on a piece of cardboard. How do I know. The bin man spent 4 mins writing a note to stick on the bin to tell me. Would have taken about 5 seconds to remove it. censored jobsworths fightinghead bang

TheBiker46 wrote:
My recycling wheelie bin didn't get emptied because there was a small strip of sellotape on a piece of cardboard. How do I know. The bin man spent 4 mins writing a note to stick on the bin to tell me. Would have taken about 5 seconds to remove it. censored jobsworths fightinghead bang

Christmas is coming!!!! they'll be knocking on doors for tips,
give him a tip,like do your 'kin job properly finger

I leave them a tip every friday when I come home from work and they've left the empty wheelie bins in front of my friggin drive. Lazy b*****ds can't be bothered to put them back where they got them from.

I think the lads on the bins do a good job , all they are doing is working and getting rid of our crap , thay do a good job ,and not there fault about the politics , and dont forget they dont only do yours , they do bloody loads in a day and caint put every one back in the exact place it came from or they would never get done , well done the bin men thumbs sort it out with the local council

I have no doubt they have other bins to collect but it doesn't take much to NOT leave a bin in front of someones drive. You may have good blokes around by you mate but here if you lids slightly open they won't take it and if its not left kerbside with the handle facing the road they have been known not to empty it.

but thats not the lads fault , they do hundreds in aday , and if they analyzed where every bin is and have to put it back in that spot they would never get done

Laughing I'm not saying it has to go back in the exact same spot what I am saying is don't leave it in front of someones drive.