Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Slight change

@fr499y wrote:
Woohoo!! got the bike, and its lovely Very Happy Came with a full wingrack 2 as well as another givi rack and a top box Very Happy
FFs another bloody luggage cart hide

new hereLaughingLaughingLaughing

Hey! in my defense, i knew it had a top box and there was something heavy in it! It was then , when i opened it up to find a wing rack 2 i realized i was joining the *car on two wheels* gang! Laughingthumbs

May as well go the whole hog and fit a towbar for the c*r*v*n Twisted Evil

Old and Disgraceful racer2

When in doubt, go flat out!

@ptolemyx wrote:

Lmfao!! its a xjr not a B-king hide

@fr499y wrote:
@ptolemyx wrote:

Lmfao!! its a xjr not a B-king hide

upupup

hehe Embarassed Getting the top box sprayed as its currently bright red!!! needs to be black. Not sure if to fit the wingrack or not Shocked

nope, i'm yet to get one Laughingthumbs Will grab a pic in all its dirty glory tomorrow

Completely standard for now. Got new link pipes here, keeping my carbon cans now and getting them slapped on this at the weekend IF my clamps turn up! Got a list of things i want for it:-

Custom seat ( possibly lowered? skinny me + wide bike = stretch!! )
Renthal ultra low in black
crash bungs will be a must!!
Possibly polish the lips of the wheels?
Get the wingrack fitted and sell the topbox rack
braided lines front/back

and i think i might be happy at that lol

Does look nice but how long will this one last LaughingLaughingLaughing before the next any bets ???. SuspectSuspect

@madsod wrote:
Does look nice but how long will this one last LaughingLaughingLaughing before the next any bets ???. SuspectSuspect

I recon this one will last thumbs Ducati might of been a mistake, the zed i kept for a few years. Been trying to find a bike to replace the zed that will be idea for distances and i think this is the ticket!

Link pipes turned up, clamps turned up, waiting for gaskets then its time for new exhausts! Also got a seat cover being made by grizzley again ( same style as always, just black/silver to match ) thumbs Loving this bike more and more each day. It's so damn comfy its unbelievable

@fr499y wrote:
Link pipes turned up, clamps turned up, waiting for gaskets then its time for new exhausts! Also got a seat cover being made by grizzley again ( same style as always, just black/silver to match ) thumbs Loving this bike more and more each day. It's so damn comfy its unbelievable
They are comfy me mate onslows a big lad and hes had his for a few year 2004 model and he just doesn't want to part with her thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@fr499y wrote:
They are comfy me mate onslows a big lad and hes had his for a few year 2004 model and he just doesn't want to part with her thumbs

So what I'd heard about them was true. Maybe should have looked a bit harder at these? Too late now, I'm enjoying the ZX LaughingTwisted EvilLaughingthumbsthumbs

this is our 4th xjr between me and my dad. XJR 1200 streetfighter, 1300 for touring, i had the little 400 which was such a laugh ( but seat was shot and hard ) now this one.

They are cracking bikes, torque motor, only got 5 gears which im not used to Shocked Only issue people have is the front suspension. If its not setup properly its very easy to whipe out!!

Forgot i never posted a picture of it in my possession Smile looking a bit different to when i got it!

cracking bike matt Very Happy she's looking well m8 thumbsthumbs
i toyed with getting one but might be getting the fjr now i like a fairing these days Laughing

Oil cooler cover should be here tomorrow! got a nasty stone dent in it so glad i got one sooner than later!! £28 instead of £50 thumbs

oil cooler is on, rattles like mad so got to try and work something out censored

@fr499y wrote:
oil cooler is on, rattles like mad so got to try and work something out censored

When I had a rattly one on a bandit I bought some little sticky felt circles from BQ there meant to protect wood floors by sticking them on chair leg bottoms.
Strategically placed they worked a treat thumbs

Looks good mate. Hopefully see it in the flesh later in the year thumbsthumbs

Might not look so clean as it does now, bare alloy engine is going fury! Some serious cleaning will be needed once this salt buggers off.

Yeah I've heard just spacing the cover out where you bolt it on with some washers will sort it out, its not too bad now ( between 1.5 and 2k RPM ) Might have to take a look at it tonight if its not too cold thumbs

As much as i like this bike, i want the weather to change so i can dig the thruxton out!

Oh yeah, job for the weekend.. Get the caravan bolted on Laughing ( Wingrack 2 )

Got a full exhaust for it! Needs some work doing to it but should be good.

Picked up a full Akrapovic exhaust for £191. The end can has a nasty dent in the top, but its roughly 2" away from the inlet, its a smooth dent but big so might even be able to reshape it to how it should be with a bit of luck.

The headers are brown with plenty of asphalt, dirt and other stuff melted on to them which is causing me a nightmare to clean off! spent 3 hours yesterday and I'm still nowhere near done.

nice one matt thumbs metal polish and really fine wire wool and lots of patience usually works a treat Laughingthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
nice one matt thumbs metal polish and really fine wire wool and lots of patience usually works a treat Laughingthumbs

agree but them pipes are seriously manky! Shocked good luck sorting them though! thumbs love the Yam, same as Mike nearly got one myself instead of the bandit which I've had over 7 years now so about time I starting thinking of a change myself, Hmn!....

how about a nice copper coloured busa mike Wink i know where theres one for sale

@dick65 wrote:

agree but them pipes are seriously manky! Shocked good luck sorting them though! thumbs love the Yam, same as Mike nearly got one myself instead of the bandit which I've had over 7 years now so about time I starting thinking of a change myself, Hmn!....

Had to resort to wet & dry paper last night, got the majority of it cleaned off, just left with some stubborn black spots. Will be tackling them again tonight!! Found out earlier that there is a part missing.. not important, only the footpeg relocation bracket to mount the actual can to the bike *DOH* found them on ebay for £25 so bought em!

Nice 1 matt,try some fine wire wool,autosol mixed with a bit of wd40

then some polishing compound called hyfin from the polishing shop on a white close stitch mop

Thepolishingshop.co.uk

thumbsthumbs

Now we getting somewhere!! rust removing sponge, some autosol & Meguires metal polish and this is where im up to! Still a fair bit to go though.

The hardest bit is working out which pipe goes where Suspect

Going to dig out the wire wool and see if i can get the remainder off. Then its time to tackle the end can Shocked

shaping up matt thumbs are the pipes not numbered?

nope! i worked it out now though, 2 bent ones in the middle, the wiggly Y pipe is on the right side of bike, straight Y on the left, link pipe you can't go wrong! lol

its on Very Happy its quieter than my old 4-2 though.