Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

Its the end for the tax disc

This won't work until DVLA can improve the one month delay in updating the ANPR system, which is what the police use to verify this! Good idea, but more thought needs to go into this to make it work properly. Otherwise the courts will be backlogged with summonses for "driving without tax and insurance", simply because proof can't be provided within a seven day "producer" period?

Ain't that just typical my youngest daughter has bought me a nice blue tax disc holder for Christmas santa

In Sweden we had a tax sticker instead on the numberplate, untill 2011 when they scrap't the sticker system.
After that we dont have any thing to show if we have paid the tax Wink .
Think they just have to do a search on their computer instead.
Ending up with a mutch cleaner plate now thumbs .

Cheers Maveric

@Grumpyowl wrote:
Ain't that just typical my youngest daughter has bought me a nice blue tax disc holder for Christmas santa
yep i did think the same as i have nice ones on my bikes scratch

surely in this day and age it would be possible to have something small and electronic like the security tags they put in stuff in shops that you can remove from the bike,take down to a shop and plug into a machine to renew your tax or even renew online,like you top a mobile phone up then put detectors at the side of the road that can tell straight away if your vehicles taxed or not.seems simple to me.these devices could be readily available from shops for a couple of quid and if you lose it you could get it knocked out and transfer your tax to a new device.

surely in this day and age it would be possible to have something small and electronic like the security tags they put in stuff in shops that you can remove from the bike,take down to a shop and plug into a machine to renew your tax or even renew online,like you top a mobile phone up then put detectors at the side of the road that can tell straight away if your vehicles taxed or not.seems simple to me.these devices could be readily available from shops for a couple of quid and if you lose it you could get it knocked out and transfer your tax to a new device.

Fancy the job of Transport Minister?

And that small tiny electronic device could easily include a compulsory tracker so's the powers that be can always know where each vehicle is.........and what speed it's doing........perhaps we won't suggest it.....

Old and Disgraceful racer2