Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

can you see whats wrong

Either a bent valve or a crap camera Smile

PS-in fact several bent valves

ya got the crap camera right (phone Embarassed )

and the bent valves due to not haveing the cambelt done

@madsod wrote:
SadSadSad

might thoughts to gary £1600 repair bill for the customer,due to not spending £250.00 SadSadSad

@lee wrote:
Either a bent valve or a crap camera Smile

PS-in fact several bent valves

ya got the crap camera right (phone Embarassed )

and the bent valves due to not haveing the cambelt done
well thats spoilt that game then slaphead

@lee wrote:
@madsod wrote:
SadSadSad

might thoughts to gary £1600 repair bill for the customer,due to not spending £250.00 SadSadSad
ever new car i get i always have a new cam belt put on it does pay , some engine will miss the top of the pistons but not many so why take the chance . head banghead bang

Pistons OK though Lee?
yeah alan just slightley marked I was supprised really

ooops.

how often should a can belt be done? my car had it done at 75k and its now on 115, but is a diesel, dunno if it makes any difference

ooops.

how often should a can belt be done? my car had it done at 75k and its now on 115, but is a diesel, dunno if it makes any difference

Depends on the make & model. French cars it's often under 50k, but they do use lawnmower belts. Laughing And no, a diesel will destroy valves just as eagerly and will need doing just as regularly Smile

ooops.

Depends on the make & model. French cars it's often under 50k, but they do use lawnmower belts. Laughing And no, a diesel will destroy valves just as eagerly and will need doing just as regularly Smile

ah crap its a peugeot 306. lol if its lasts aouther year id be happy as then im getting a new car!

Be sure you keep on top of oil changes Chad. If it goes thin it can seep past the turbo and cause a phenomenon called dieselling. Basically the engine runs off it's own oil until it goes bang. Shocked

Be sure you keep on top of oil changes Chad. If it goes thin it can seep past the turbo and cause a phenomenon called dieselling. Basically the engine runs off it's own oil until it goes bang. Shocked

twice a year mate, last spring i did air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, oil, coolant, etc.

then autum i did oil and oil filter asgain. due again next month!

also ive got newish glow plugs in the car, 2 months ago. and when it first starts, i get a cloud of white smoke from cold starts?

hoping rings aent on their way out :/

the first thing i do on buying a car is have the cam belt done cos theres too many people out there that say its been done and if it hasnt youre up s;;t street with a massive bill saying that a mate got his done and after 4.5k it snapped on a 1.8 focus hes now having sh;t with the ford main dealer and its not looking very good thumb down

Generally Chad white smoke on start up is cold unburnt diesel/poor combustion (cylinder walls will conduct heat away) Can be caused by glazed cylinder bores causing poor compression. Could also be sticky deposits around rings Worn rings will be blue smoke

Just thought. White smoke can also be water leaking into combustion chambers. This should be noticeable by rapid water loss and maybe overheating.

the first thing i do on buying a car is have the cam belt done cos theres too many people out there that say its been done and if it hasnt youre up s;;t street with a massive bill saying that a mate got his done and after 4.5k it snapped on a 1.8 focus hes now having sh;t with the ford main dealer and its not looking very good thumb down

Dont know how many miles your mates Focus has done but on my Focus (1.6) the belt is warranted by Ford for 100k. Had it changed last year at 74k tho'

Trouble with cam belts is they can go anytime. It's not been unknown to have a new cambelt fitted and it still goes shortly afterwards. Seems a stupid and unreliable cheapskate way of linking the cams to the crank that all the main car manufacturers use - I've had two go on me, a Ford Mondeo (remember them?) and a Renault Espace thumb down

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2

My sons 1.8 petrol Focus uses the good old fashioned chain instead of a belt.

well the car is deemed beyond economical repair by us anyway

those valves were out of a 1.8 focus petrol
03 plate

90,000 on the clock main problem on this model is not so much the belt but the belt tensioner they collapse and seize up

the valve guides are well censored

so keep ya car maintance upto date if your engine is a interference engine and most are these days

@lee wrote:
well the car is deemed beyond economical repair by us anyway

those valves were out of a 1.8 focus petrol
03 plate

90,000 on the clock main problem on this model is not so much the belt but the belt tensioner they collapse and seize up

the valve guides are well censored

so keep ya car maintance upto date if your engine is a interference engine and most are these days

Best advise u can get agree