Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oldfart

Joined the dropped my bike club yesterday!!!

Had a ride out to Ladybower Reservoir yesterday.  Stopped in a little car park on the way.  turning round with full lock and it just went.  Managed to hold it for a bit but eventually it won and trapped my leg underneath.  Tried to pick it up as people just stood there watching. Bloke pulled off the main road when he saw me and gave me a hand. Bought him a cuppa as a thank you.
All I can say is 'thank you R and G' not a mark on the bike and it didnt even take the writing off the crash bung. One lucky bunny.
You learn from your mistakes they say. Should have got off and turned it round as it was a tight space. Still no one was hurt.
Ive joined the club Laughing

Very lucky escape for you and the bike thumbs, how can people stand and watch? complete twa censored ts . No offence but remind me NOT to join your club! lol!

Glad everything is ok, I can't believe some people!

But like gravelrash, this is one club I do not want to join!

Glad theres no damage, this club is getting a bit too big for my liking, think we ought to consider banning it.

Very lucky escape for you and the bike thumbs, how can people stand and watch? complete twa censoredts . No offence but remind me NOT to join your club! lol!

I have to say I seriously hope there are no more members Laughing

At some time we all done it all one day will still both ok thumbs

oops me you and dave should have our own badges now haha, oh and rich last year!!

and bad they ddint help, id be right there to help! not nie feeling :/

I did it with a Gpz 750 over 20 years ago.

Pulled outside a mates house up to a steep anti camber curb.

She started to go over and went past the point of no return.
The only damage was my little finger trapped under the bars when I tried to save her.

The embarrassment and adrenalin rush to get it picked up before I was seen helped.
But I was 20/23 years younger which helped.

thumbs nice to hear those RG bungs saved the day.
I've got front fork,rear bobbins, bar ends, engine cover and frame bungs from R&G.

Now you've tested them I don't need to Laughing

Hope my middle names don't become R and G crash test dummy LaughingLaughing

Oh dear Den:shock: glad your ok mate 2thumbs2thumbs

Glad you and the bike are okay mate 2thumbs2thumbs

Did mine last year, but on grass and it cost me the fin off the fairing ShockedShocked(which is now stuck back on thumbs thumbs)

Glad you and the bike were undamaged, and a big thumbs to the good Samaritan, as for the onlookers..... thumb down

well its my turn today, riding past Waddington airfield today, head in the clouds and the car in front stopped,unfortunately I didn't and ran into the back of him, bent the fairing bracket, cracked the top fairing, maybe the headlight as well and the front mudguards cracked, arse.. oh and probably written off my Arai RX7 as well.

Shocked Chris least your ok mate could have been worse Shocked did you get checked out yourself...

Sorry to hear about it Chris. As others have said glad you're ok thumbs 

least you ok m8 bike will fix ,same nearly happened to me a while back you know the type of driver that thinks indicators are optional extras Sad 

I'll echo everyone else mate. Bikes fix easy, you don't. Glad you're okay  thumbs

just remembered Jon Wilson aslo has joined the club today
Peed off or what today, getting bike out the garage for an early ride, stalled it and dropped it. smashed indicator, scuffed tank, fairing and pegs and a very dented pride.

need any help just shout