Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

Yamaha parts prices. Having a laugh.

Just priced a new headlight up for my bike. Might be able to get away with bodging it up but just thought I'd get a worst case price. Any guesses?

bout £300 for the whole headlight isn't it?

are we talking the unit itself or the light/bracket and fairing?

If so i know it can add up to triple figures lol

Just the headlight alone. Nothing else. It retails at...... Are you sitting down. .... £906.

jeez! Mind you, i can remember trying to get prices for a new speedo casing for my old xjr 400.. they wanted nearly £300 for the plastic shells alone!

Shocked Shocked no wonder bikes are so easily wrote off

but it is a yamaha :P

i thought it was bad enough £150 for a second hand nose cone for my bike, so i ended up glassing it up :/

We've been shafted for years now, with both the price of bikes, and the necessities that go with them,I don't know what the answer to it is, but it has long become a gravy-train for  dealers.----greedy bar-stewards!!!thumb down 

I always check out 'flea-bay' before buying from franchised dealer ..confused

just looked on flea bay and I can get a 2011 headlight genuine Yamaha from the USA for about £300, rip off Britain.

just looked on flea bay and I can get a 2011 headlight genuine Yamaha from the USA for about £300, rip off Britain.

Can't do much else, but  agree

take it you missed out on the set from the UK, 2009 - 2011 headlight brand new and was £190 lol

@fr499y wrote:
take it you missed out on the set from the UK, 2009 - 2011 headlight brand new and was £190 lol

apparently its a good job I did because the 2011 and 2012 are different. managed to find one out of a write off for £150. going to pick it up on Thursday from Northampton. the big thing now is the top fairing. need to find somebody locally who can plastic weld, paint and get cheap decals.