Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Early morning Sunday 21st

Anyone fancy a early morning run , and i mean early 5ish affraid  thought i might go out and do a hundred or so miles and have breakfast food  then back home for 10ish

Brecon is 168 mls from me. Bit far. Coast sounds good?

@Davehutch wrote:
Brecons too far?

how far is it ? Don't mind going earlier
affraid 

Leicester to Brecon about 140-150m I guess. TBH too far for a day trip. It's going to wind up around 500 miles for me. Can't afford the fuel or the arse cream!! Laughing 

@Davehutch wrote:
Brecons too far?

how far is it ? Don't mind going earlier

affraid 

Leicester to Brecon about 140-150m I guess. TBH too far for a day trip. It's going to wind up around 500 miles for me. Can't afford the fuel or the arse cream!! Laughing 
love the arse cream you could borrow mine from today at work Laughing 

i got a text last week asking if i wanted to go for a ride and meet at 8 o clock i replied i didnt know there was 2; 8 o clocks on a sunday but 5 o clock bloody hell dave its the middle of the night ; saying that i used to start at 4am on a sunday when i worked down the pit Laughing 

Some simple arithmetic........leave home at 5 and back at 10 = 5hours.........less one whole hour for breakfast = 4 hours.........at 65mph average for a typical ride out (including fuel stops) = 260 miles.......is that about right Dave? Then you could go as far afield as Scarborough, Rhyll, Abergavenny, Bath or Andover perhaps?

A few of the gang local to me will be meeting at mine about 9 - a 3hour blast to lunch where we went on the B-King ride out in April and another couple of hours afterwards moving 

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2

@ptolemyx wrote:
Some simple arithmetic........leave home at 5 and back at 10 = 5hours.........less one whole hour for breakfast = 4 hours.........at 65mph average for a typical ride out (including fuel stops) = 260 miles.......is that about rifght Dave? Then you could go as far afield as Scarborough, Rhyll, Abergavenny, Bath or Andover perhaps?

A few of the gang local to me will be meeting at mine about 9 - a 3hour blast to lunch where we went on the B-King ride out in April and another couple of hours afterwards moving 

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2 

yes about right m8 , I am deffo going skeggy , looking forward to clear roads and some cool air , skegg is 90 -100 miles from mine

If you can average 65mph going to Skeg you would be doing very well. I can't go anyway-must get my head down this weekend and do a VAT return and replace the central heating pump. Smile 

If you can average 65mph going to Skeg you would be doing very well. I can't go anyway-must get my head down this weekend and do a VAT return and replace the central heating pump. Smile 

Think that will be doable at 5.00 , but not on the way back , anyway do your vat and pump when you get back

I might be up for this Dave.
Ain't been on a good run in ages, just got to sort work as I'm on call.

@dandan wrote:
I might be up for this Dave.
Ain't been on a good run in ages, just got to sort work as I'm on call.

that would be great Dan , be nice to catch up again , let us know m8

Have a good run boys thumbs   thumbs . By the time you leave I'll still be in bed    

I'm up for tomorrow Dave if your still going?

@Davehutch wrote:
I am up , do I need my water proofs or not ?

got up at 7 - no I dont think you will need them Cool 

Looks like a good ride Dave. I'm just about to smack my balls!!!! (playing golf lol)

@Davehutch wrote:
back now , brill run , thanks Dan for the company , post some pics in a bit thumbs

Seen the Facebook pics mate. Looks like a good run  thumbs   Will look in later for the rest  thumbs   thumbs

That shot of Skeggy looks familiar from when I was there when the eldest was only small. Not changed much in over 20 years  thumbs   Shocked   thumbs

You didn't want to join us for brekkie then ya miserable bugger.

@jezza wrote:
You didn't want to join us for brekkie then ya miserable bugger.

if your talking to me I think you have your wires crossed , I was going at 5 right  from posting this thread , I had no idea you was going , Robbie said he might join us if I texted him when I was there ,but we was there at just gone 6 and he said he would not be up at that time of day , by the way think I saw you going that way when we was coming home ,

Did not see you, I got to Boston for 8.30. I did not do the dual carriage way  , I went via Grantham windy route way up there as it was nice and quiet.
I wasn't gonna meet up at 5 as it would have meant me getting up at 3.30 , just thought I may have caught you up there.

Got some wedding photos for you and Mel , I'll drop them off sometime or pop them in the post.

@jezza wrote:
Did not see you, I got to Boston for 8.30. I did not do the dual carriage way  , I went via Grantham windy route way up there as it was nice and quiet.
I wasn't gonna meet up at 5 as it would have meant me getting up at 3.30 , just thought I may have caught you up there.

we went and came back Boston way , we only passed 1 car in all that way going , but like I say I had no idea you was even going , it wasn't till I seen on face book when I got home just after 9.15 you was there I put 2 and 2 together and thought that must be the blue busa I seen ,

Dunno did not see you , mind you it was drizzling from Coventry onwards and the visor was continuously getting smothered ,only see a couple of bikes and did not recognise them.

Like I said I'll try to pop round with the photos for you.

@jezza wrote:
Dunno did not see you , mind you it was drizzling from Coventry onwards and the visor was continuously getting smothered ,only see a couple of bikes and did not recognise them.

Like I said I'll try to pop round with the photos for you.

only just see about the photos , yes will have to meet up for them , thanks

You was edging out looking to overtake something when I seen you

We got two sets printed so we could give everyone prints, some good ones of Mel........oh there's a few reasonable ones of you to ;-)

@jezza wrote:
We got two sets printed so we could give everyone prints, some good ones of Mel........oh there's a few reasonable ones of you to ;-)

well I know I was sober , haha