Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

had a little off

bugger!!! went out on the zed at weekend trying to sort out fueling along a quite road near me come to turn left at a junction next thing i know i'm sliding along the deck watching the bike slide away from me.not too much damage bar end scrape on the frame rail and air ram intake,clutch lever ,heel plate,bobbin and broken generator cover. took a bit of a hit on my hip but nowt broken just a bit sore

Mate, so sorry to hear that. The main thing is it's only metal that's been damaged, but of course that's easy for me to say. Hopefully an easy and not too expensive fix. Smile 

Awww man bad times good that neither you or the bike is to badly beaten up though

Mate, so sorry to hear that. The main thing is it's only metal that's been damaged, but of course that's easy for me to say. Hopefully an easy and not too expensive fix. Smile 

cheers m8, i hit the ebay on sunday sourced all the parts and they're winging there way to me now £70 lighter.Sad  so could have been worse.

sorry to hear that ian least you ok m8 that's the main thing thumbs 

Absolute bummer mate but, As long as you're ok.--- bikes can be fixed--people are more valuable..thumbs 

How about getting some crash bobbins ?. They're worth the dosh..

Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked 

Not good mate, at least no serious damage, you've put some work into the bike  Shocked   Laughing   Laughing 

Seriously though mate, good that you're okay and nothing broken  thumbs   thumbs

what a pain in the ass , still your the right man to fix it ,

Glad your not to badly hurt Ian, we don't bounce like we used to! Sad   and doesn't look like the bike is to bad Shocked any idea what caused it mate? scratch 

echo what others say ian least your ok,sure you will sort the damage out

Glad your not to badly hurt Ian, we don't bounce like we used to!  Sad   and doesn't look like the bike is to bad Shocked any idea what caused it mate? scratch 

cheers lads,a combination of things mike,my front brakes were shit at first and have just bedded in so are now pretty good,there was a bit of loose gravel on the road but I saw it and avoided it although there was a few stones dotted about the corner,i often carry a bit of front brake into the corner if I need to as the bandit has abs and this has never fazed me before. I have not set up my suspension as yet including setting the sag and it is a bit on the hard side. I was also a bit pissed with the bike as it was still not running right and I was moving a bit ,also the tyres are more touring tyres and I am used to a more grippy tyre. but at the end of the day I fecked up and can only look at this as another part of the learning curve of life. anyway its not the first time I've fell of a bike and it probably won't be the last I just don't bounce as well as I used to.Rolling Eyes 

@dick65 wrote:
bloody big heavy thing as well m8 thumbs 

to be honest dick I didn't notice the weight guess it must have been the adrenalin I was up in a flash and picked the bike up and pushed it to the side of the road then checked myself for any damage Laughing