Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

End of the tax disc.

Its ok providing the databases are updated quickly (which at the moment they are not) I am betting a lot of people get stopped. At least with the old disc it was visible proof. But they say you can pay monthly when it starts because of the high cost of some car taxes. Evidently the Govt have shot themselves in the foot. By putting car tax in bands according to how 'green' your car is people are dropping to smaller taxation classes so they are losing revenue so it could be a good way in for a stealth tax!!!

They almost scrapped the mot cert this year but decided not to as people want something for there money

reckon it will go though eventually

as said its all on database anyway

Not before time, frankly. I don't think anyone will miss them and it makes life much simpler. Smile 

im keeping all my old tax disc ill be rich when im the age of most of the members on here Laughing 

was bound to happen, and the idea of direct debit sounds good, but one cock up and it doesn't get paid your suddenly not legal to drive, may be more hassle than it is worth.

but what happens when you buy or sell a car or bike. how are you supposed to know if its been taxed for a year or being paid monthly, the seller could tell you its got 12 months tax on it then you find out the hard way it hasn't.

but what happens when you buy or sell a car or bike. how are you supposed to know if its been taxed for a year or being paid monthly, the seller could tell you its got 12 months tax on it then you find out the hard way it hasn't.

I've seen a similar comment about it and the probable answer is the "text" check number. For a "small fee" you'll be able to check how/ when it's taxed. What was Den saying about a "stealth tax"?

im keeping all my old tax disc ill be rich when im the age of most of the members on here Laughing 

was bound to happen, and the idea of direct debit sounds good, but one cock up and it doesn't get paid your suddenly not legal to drive, may be more hassle than it is worth.
ive got all my old tax discs going back till about 1994 when I had my old c70 Laughing 

I've seen a similar comment about it and the probable answer is the "text" check number. For a "small fee" you'll be able to check how/ when it's taxed. What was Den saying about a "stealth tax"?

Thats ok you make the seller prove it has tax by makinh them send the text. If they dont then go buy something else. Simples.thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Thats ok you make the seller prove it has tax by makinh them send the text. If they dont then go buy something else. Simples.thumbs 

Good idea that. Sometimes I forget the basics thumbs