Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

2014 road trip

Yeah mate see what march brings with the money getting a new bike and stuff Wink  when dont know what's happening job wise as my pay should go up too being 21. But I said maybe as see what happens. Don't know what the future brings.

Yeah mate see what march brings with the money getting a new bike and stuff Wink  when dont know what's happening job wise as my pay should go up too being 21. But I said maybe as see what happens. Don't know what the future brings.
thumbs 

@Davehutch wrote:
Got no dates planed as yet , Robbie and jez have shown some interest too , would like to set some dates over the Xmas break

Okay mate. Let me know possible dates and will see what we can do thumbs 

It's bloody time off work Dave as you know. Wouldn't write it off though, and I've got a tent so I'm flexible. Could have a crack at wild camping along the Scottish west coast?  Smile

I like to think I would be able to do more rides than I did this year which was not many, so count me in dave . I will just have to sort something with work, or shut the place. west coast of Scotland appeals to me  thumbs not sure about tent cos I'm not flexible  Laughing  suppose I could rough it if the weathers ok though.

Would like to think l can make it as I have never been to scotland In 30yrs. Im not saying no it just depends on the dates. thumbs 

don't really know how to put this and don't want to offend people , But don't want to turn this into a "rideout " was just looking for someone to give me some company on a high mileage trip over 4-5 days at a good decent pace , If other people arrange anything I am always willing to come along on that as well as doing my trip , After the last few years I am sick to death of trying to organise rideouts and please everyone , I am looking forward to joining other members on there rideouts next year and the forum weekend that mark is sorting  thumbs 

Don't forget if you fancy doing it with me , I am not the easiest person to get on with , would be thinking of doing around 200 miles a day may be more going and coming back , and would think it will cost around £100 a day ish with fuel , B&b , and food ,

Never done this before so this is just a guide , hope you all understand , I can be quite flexible on dates as long as it doesn't effect anything mel and I have booked , I could always do it Monday to Friday too ,

afraid I cant afford to go m8 ive got a big family lol and saving for a new guitar at mo , theres some great roads up Scotland and fairly quiet too  thumbs thumbs 

ok dave I get where you coming from, why not put your dates and rough route on and if anyone wants to meet you somewhere they can perhaps accompany you for a couple of days organising there own accommadation.

@madcarper wrote:
ok dave I get where you coming from, why not put your dates and rough route on and if anyone wants to meet you somewhere they can perhaps accompany you for a couple of days organising there own accommadation.  

thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
@madcarper wrote:

thumbs 

oh god you're not wanting to tag along are you , what if its windy your bikes like a bloody sail.  Laughing Laughing 

@madcarper wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
@madcarper wrote:

thumbs 

oh god you're not wanting to tag along are you , what if its windy your bikes like a bloody sail.  Laughing Laughing 

finger fofl 

@madcarper wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
@madcarper wrote:

thumbs 

Don't know how to say it, but it's a valid point  fofl   fofl   fofl   fofl 

@haveugot1 wrote:
@madcarper wrote:

thumbs 

Sounds like an idea mate  thumbs   thumbs 

Word of warning Dave me and Skelly have done the west coast of Scotland a couple of times and the scenery is stunning. 200 miles a day is do-able and the roads are fantastic ( I have never been on better!) but it can go by in a blur and you can miss a lot if you try and get the miles in. We decided to do less miles and just enjoy the views, but whatever you do take a spare battery for the camera m8 and hopefully a couple of us could join you for a day or two!  thumbs  thumbs 

What's the deal then mate? Is it just you or will you be taking Mel? Looks like you only plan riding in the mornings but I don't mind a bit of part time riding  Very Happy 

Radical suggestion-get a passport & let's do the Ardennes or Eifel.  thumbs 

P'raps give you a ring over the hols so I can get a bit more idea what you're considering. You can always tell me to bog off then if you don't want me  Shocked

What's the deal then mate? Is it just you or will you be taking Mel? Looks like you only plan riding in the mornings but I don't mind a bit of part time riding  Very Happy 

Radical suggestion-get a passport & let's do the Ardennes or Eifel.  thumbs 

P'raps give you a ring over the hols so I can get a bit more idea what you're considering. You can always tell me to bog off then if you don't want me  Shocked
just me , no passport , want to cover some miles but also enjoy it and the scenery, 4-5 days , yes ring me m8

Dave You can Always go this direction if you want some serious miles  Wink .

But if you are choosing Scotland go for the Highlands and the road betveen Scourice to Inchnadamp  wob wob wob (thats the road i was filming 2010 and put on youtube as MCR8)Loots of twisties and nice senery  thumbs .

Cheers Maveric

@maveric wrote:
Dave You can Always go this direction if you want some serious miles  Wink .

But if you are choosing Scotland go for the Highlands and the road betveen Scourice to Inchnadamp  wob wob wob (thats the road i was filming 2010 and put on youtube as MCR8)Loots of twisties and nice senery  thumbs .

Cheers Maveric
not even got a passport  Embarassed  and thanks for the advice maveric  thumbs 

@Davehutch wrote:

Don't forget if you fancy doing it with me , I am not the easiest person to get on with  

up  I think you're dead easy to get on with.  Then again, I've never asked for a quote  affraid  

@Davehutch wrote:
would be thinking of doing around 200 miles a day may be more  going and coming back , and would think it will cost around £100 a day ish  with fuel , B&b , and food  

May I respectfully suggest some pointers for Jockland:

1) Everything South of Oban is mostly crap, so do the getting there bit in a day.  So as that will only leave you 3 days for playing you need to decide whether you want to cover lots of ground, or take the time to enjoy riding the good bits.

2) Remoter bits like the Ardnamurchan peninsular will see you struggle to average 30MPH.  The North East is bleak, desolate and not inspiring at all, and don't think that Kintyre looks interesting - it's dull and flat. If I was going for fun, I'd say concentrate on the West coast between Oban and Ullapool.

3) The road right across the top is splendid, if you're up that far then do it rather than cut inland, but don't make a special journey just for that.

4) Ullapool - Applecross - Locharron is an utterrly great run.

5) Unless you' going for a lap of the place then it might be best to base yourself somewhere and have 3 days out and back.

6) B&Bs can be a bit steep - the last one I stayed in was £110 for a double, but they can charge that when the 'aint a Premier Inn for a hundred miles  silent 

7) If it's decent weather you will want to go back for longer.  thumbs

@Macie_UK wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

Don't forget if you fancy doing it with me , I am not the easiest person to get on with  

up  I think you're dead easy to get on with.  Then again, I've never asked for a quote  affraid  

@Davehutch wrote:
would be thinking of doing around 200 miles a day may be more  going and coming back , and would think it will cost around £100 a day ish  with fuel , B&b , and food  

May I respectfully suggest some pointers for Jockland:

1) Everything South of Oban is mostly crap, so do the getting there bit in a day.  So as that will only leave you 3 days for playing you need to decide whether you want to cover lots of ground, or take the time to enjoy riding the good bits.

2) Remoter bits like the Ardnamurchan peninsular will see you struggle to average 30MPH.  The North East is bleak, desolate and not inspiring at all, and don't think that Kintyre looks interesting - it's dull and flat. If I was going for fun, I'd say concentrate on the West coast between Oban and Ullapool.

3) The road right across the top is splendid, if you're up that far then do it rather than cut inland, but don't make a special journey just for that.

4) Ullapool - Applecross - Locharron is an utterrly great run.

5) Unless you' going for a lap of the place then it might be best to base yourself somewhere and have 3 days out and back.

6) B&Bs can be a bit steep - the last one I stayed in was £110 for a double, but they can charge that when the 'aint a Premier Inn for a hundred miles  silent 

7) If it's decent weather you will want to go back for longer.  thumbs

Thanks for the advice lee

Not forgotten this Dave. Wish you'd get a passport though so we could really stretch our legs.

Think I can call this one dead in the water. I'm already down to just three more days holiday this year  thumb down which I want to use for another weekend in Spain really.  Sad 

Think I can call this one dead in the water. I'm already down to just three more days holiday this year  thumb down which I want to use for another weekend in Spain really.  Sad 
ok m8 , I might have to plan it for next year yet