Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

Somerset levels

terrible! locally it was bad christmas time, local farmers sheep downed. but its nothing like those poor people are going though!

Feel sorry for all those affected. It will take years to rebuild their lives and communities

and as usual those in charge do feck all countrys going to the dogs thumb down 
I reckon we'll still get a hosepipe ban imposed upon us

According to the environment agency although theres a lot of land flooded there have only been 40 homes flooded but back in 2007 when 23,000 homes were flooded in Yorkshire we didnt get anywhere near as much publicity/ news coverage. Guess its because were all flat cap wearing whippet breeders from ooop north somewhere.

you got that right they do feck all for us up here in north east as its a labour stronghold what with the tories shutting the pits and the at the time the most modern shipyard in Europe, they are hated up here. pity the thames couldn't drown the lot of em when they propping up the bar in the house of commins.
feel sorry for the farmers and common people who where left to watch there property and livelyhoods ruined, no doubt they will pull out all the stops now as there millionaire friends and party contributers living along the banks of the thames look in danger of flood.
don,t worry though I'm pretty sure we will get nailed on our insurance policies next year to cover the losses.

This was our town in 2007 , not caused by a river but by blocked drainage ditches etc. The rain just ran down the roads into the centre of Moreton from the hills.......funniest thing though was watching someone float by on a portaloo.

Luckily no problems at all at the moment.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82FNJ5qNls

Shoot to kill policy any one found looting I've no time for them idiots...... fighting 

Feel for them remember the floods that bladerunner is on about hit donny real bad when the river don bust its banks