Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

The wonderful local police..

So as some of you may know, i lost out on over £5,000 worth of bicycles and a motorcycle before christmas. A little bit on what happened.

My DRZ400 SM was stolen 3-4 weeks after purchasing it, just got it tuned up and tweaked to how i wanted and some scum decided they would have the bike. They stole the motorcycle with locks still attached early hours in the morning, stuffed it in the back of a white van and buggered off with it. No one in the area had heard or seen it ( funny, the women who's house the van was parked outside is a f****ng hawk at the best of times.. nosey  censored she is )

The police took over a week to turn up and before they did, we had another theft, this time they came back, pinned the alarm system and broke into the workshop and stole over £2000 worth of bicycles.

So this is where we are with the whole thing...
I found my wheels on ebay, being sold by the girlfriend of the scum who stole them, The police didn't want to know as it was *just a theft from someones shed and not high priority* so we got them the address, the auction was ending in a few hours ( couple days AFTER we told them about it and had no luck ) and they didn't want to know, so the usual *well how about we do your job for you and get them back* got them off there ass and they got them back. Now the women went to court in January and they let her go... they didn't update us on what exactly happened and we had to chase them up AGAIN the other day to get this information form them. From what I can work out from the police, its fine to steal something once, but if you get caught again your likely to get charged and possibly a short stay in the local plod station.

So shes got away, Scott free, I don't have my stuff ( still in the police station and wont tell me what's going on with it! ), they don't seem to give a rats ass about it and yet I still have there address! Surely knowing where they live would be a kick up the plods ass to actually get this shit sorted out ASAP and not piss around?

Now don't get me wrong, the police do a wonderful job of catching people speeding etc, why can't they put the same effort into getting peoples belongings back? Oh and they know the people who stole my stuff, they are known criminals but apparently they don't have enough evidence ( so my wheels, disk and the rest of the bike isn't enough? ) to lock them up or raid them..

they don't give a shit about your stuff but if you steal off the government or defraud insurance companys ect they pull out all the stops.

Not good mate,if I had got there address I would of delt with it myself
But thats just me

@lee wrote:
Not good mate,if I had got there address I would of delt with it myself
But thats just me

DITTO---Bide your time--    & keep shtum about it..  

agree  agree 

@madcarper wrote:
they don't give a shit about your stuff but if you steal off the government or defraud insurance companys ect they pull out all the stops.

Absolutely  censored    censored   mate. As above, I think I'd be asking around about them then looking to resolve the issue on a more personal front. It may be the only way to get anything sorted.

If the police came round the first time, the second one wouldn't of happened. Wonder what sort of compensation or what not can be squeezed out of them..

Bide your time and wait for the t**t with a piece of 4x4.

My bros bike was stolen we found it on ebay and told the police and they werent interested.  fighting 

Absolutely  censored    censored   mate. As above, I think I'd be asking around about them then looking to resolve the issue on a more personal front. It may be the only way to get anything sorted.

Already know where there girlfriend lives, that's how we got the wheels back. If i do anything i will be the one locked up, which says it all about the justice system.

Must be so frustrating to know whose taken your property and know where it is and receive no help from the authorities  thumb down  The problem with taking matters into your own hands is they also know where you live and these scum rarely work alone so could just escalate things  confused Don't have an answer Mat, its just a sad state our justice system is in this country and I don't see it improving any!  Sad  ...............Maybe like Mark said bide your time and get some satisfaction in a few months  fighting  but it won't get your belongings back. Maybe the forum rideout could divert to their address, how about it Mark.....................?

Must be so frustrating to know whose taken your property and know where it is and receive no help from the authorities  thumb down  The problem with taking matters into your own hands is they also know where you live and these scum rarely work alone so could just escalate things  confused Don't have an answer Mat, its just a sad state our justice system is in this country and I don't see it improving any!  Sad  ...............Maybe like Mark said bide your time and get some satisfaction in a few months  fighting  but it won't get your belongings back. Maybe the forum rideout could divert to their address, how about it Mark.....................?

are you suggesting we all just turn up... sounds like a good idea

Must be so frustrating to know whose taken your property and know where it is and receive no help from the authorities  thumb down  The problem with taking matters into your own hands is they also know where you live

No they don't, we moved Wink

The attitude of the police are frustrating me more than anything. *we got bigger problems to deal with* just gets me boiled up.

fook going later go now ive got some pent up aggression that needs to escape. Thieving bast#@ds. boxer 

Right, so 6 months down the line, still waiting for some bits back, getting passed form pillar to post, same bloody excuse every time *The officer isn't currently on duty, we will get them to give you a call when they are* You go down to the station, its got a bell... that goes to a pissing call station somewhere else!!!

What is more sick is, i keep seeing and hearing my DRZ going around with knobbly tyres on and no numberplate.
Also spotted a kid around the area on a cube ltd 29er. Now don't get me wrong, they could well of bought the bike, but two kids ( other bike looked like a cube LTD Pro ), both on cube bikes worth about a grand each in a area where most of the residents have been locked up for theft, drug offenses etc, seems a bit fishy to me...

Oh yeah nearly forgot this. The last phone call about a month or so ago, they said "Bicycles are not his thing to steal" his known for vehicle theft and sh*t by the police anyway!!

If thats not being f****d off by the the filth then I would ask to speak to someone higher and complain. To them its just a bike, but they are your personal items.

smack 

@haveugot1 wrote:
If thats not being f****d off by the the filth then I would ask to speak to someone higher and complain. To them its just a bike, but they are your personal items.

smack 

Have to agree. Would look to be taking the complaint on and upward   thumbs    thumbs   Sounds absolutely shocking behaviour   angry    angry

Well, they promised someone would get back to me yesterday, and what a surprise! NOTHING. Had enough of this bull shit, going to take a trip to the cop shop tonight and demand my  censored  stuff back.

@fr499y wrote:
Well, they promised someone would get back to me yesterday, and what a surprise! NOTHING. Had enough of this bull shit, going to take a trip to the cop shop tonight and demand my  censored  stuff back.

Sounds like it might be the only way   thumbs