Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dick65

Lakes ride out

details tba but looking at doing a couple passes and just a nice bimble , probs meet at hartside first.
if anyones up for it we can arrange dates as I know folk do weird shifts  Laughing  thumbs  thumbs 

how about towards the end of june ? hopefully give folk time to sort out shifts but im flexible  thumbs 

Any further with this Dick? I'm off weekend Sat 28th/29th June if this is any good for anyone!  thumbs 

sorry mike been busy of late but 28/29 sounds good to me m8  thumbs 

i'll put some details up over the weekend  thumbs 

The Sunday is preferable for me Mike but see what anyone else's thoughts are!  thumbs 

The Sunday is preferable for me Mike but see what anyone else's thoughts are!  thumbs   

@dick65 wrote:
damn sundays best for me as well  Sad 

One of those things mate. If the Sunday is better for most then take the Sunday. I would have liked to get over there, but there is still time so maybe later in the year. If I get a weekend free!?!!!

I'm due to take the little one out on the bike again, so that Saturday could work out for me in that regard   thumbs    thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
I wonder if it's doable in a day for me  confused 

usually takes us about 3 hours to get to Bowness and your an hour further south than us and Hartside is even further north than that. the only way you could do it imo is a LOOOOONG slog up the M6.

sun 29th meet at hartside 10.30 ish
A66 to Keswick then b5289 around derwent water up honister pass - around buttermere and crummock water - turn at Lorton up whinlatter pass back into Keswick and break at the filling station café - + a few stops for pics  and see how it goes from there  thumbs thumbs

looking forward to it mike, its a nice run and I haven't been far this year so will make a nice change - now we just need to see who's coming  thumbs thumbs

Seen Mark today and he's a possible  thumbs thumbs  Mentioned it to Alan but he has a busy schedule (going to France soon)

You coming Ian?

@Davehutch wrote:
I wonder if it's doable in a day for me  confused 

you have a B-King dave anything possible .speed is on your side  thumbs 

bandit mikes still possible I think - be good if mark and ian can make it and haven't seen alan since last years ride out

Alan's been busy getting the Stratos ready for France, will be a good day Dick, looking forward to it!  thumbs

forgot about that mike is it le mans 24 hour? be good fun  thumbs 

Not me Dave, that will likely be the only day for me to sort out my holiday. Had it been after my hols l would have given it a whirl.  Sad

heres the postcode Dave for hartside

CA9 3BW

I definately cant make it - its my mums birthday that day so I will be eating cake  cake 

Am I right in thinking the nearest town is Alston - thinking of looking at B&B's  Smile 

ok looks like mel can come too now , so thinking of riding up Saturday , coming on the ride and maybe leaving when we get to the furthest point south , looking at this place does anyone know of it or know anywhere better that we could stop for the one night ?

http://www.edenhallhotel.co.uk/

Personally Dave I'd be tempted to look somewhere like Middleton in Teesdale or Alston, go up the A1/A66 as far as Barnard Castle and cut off onto the moor roads. Correct me if I'm wrong, but were you going up the motorway to Penrith?

Personally Dave I'd be tempted to look somewhere like Middleton in Teesdale or Alston, go up the A1/A66 as far as Barnard Castle and cut off onto the moor roads. Correct me if I'm wrong, but were you going up the motorway to Penrith?
now mel is coming with me , we will leave early Saturday morning and make a day of it ,so might go some nice roads

@melly wrote:
Am I right in thinking the nearest town is Alston - thinking of looking at B&B's  Smile 

your right mel its alston only a couple of miles up the and just round the corner from dick.  thumbs 

Have spoken to mike and we will be there sun. Ian r you coming? thumbs 

yep highest market town in England mel  thumbs thumbs 

pleased you can make it mark  looking forward to it Very Happy 

just need a list of who's going now  thumbs 

so .. any decent B&B's near Alston (with parking for the bike) or do you know if Eden Hall is any good?  party 

@melly wrote:
so .. any decent B&B's near Alston (with parking for the bike) or do you know if Eden Hall is any good?  party 

Are you not on Tripadvisor?

@melly wrote:

Are you not on Tripadvisor?

yes, went on that but everywhere seems booked up. Think I am going to give it a miss and let Dave go on his own. Have fun though guys  thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Have spoken to mike and we will be there sun. Ian r you coming? thumbs 

will do if I can get thru all the work I have in this week so I will get in touch at the end of the week.
that's one hell of a days riding dave if you plan on coming up on the day you will be well knackered riding home m8 might be better to play it safe and do the guest house thing.

I can't do the Sunday 29th   Sad 

Should be a good run out for everyone   thumbs   Ride safe, enjoy and I'll look forward to the pics. If not before, I'll see everyone in July so not too long   thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
right then back to me coming up on my own  moped 

We don't have much spare space Dave but if its the difference between you coming or not you could kip on an airbed in the front room (and Mel its a double!) or there is always a Travelodge  But I cant believe there isn't a B&B/Hotel available in Alston/Middleton-in-Teesdale somewhere  scratch 
First one in Google search looks nice but not sure about secure parking Suspect      
http://www.teesdalehotel.co.uk/

Should be a good run out for everyone   thumbs   Ride safe, enjoy and I'll look forward to the pics. If not before, I'll see everyone in July so not too long   thumbs

Shame you cant make it Mike!  Sad  Amazing how fast the rideout is approaching! Shocked thumbs

I would have put you up m8 but afraid weve got a housefull here on the weekend lucy just got back from hols and we got jaz and the little one as well as the twins - in fact I might get a b&b as well  Laughing 

theres a couple here m8 not far from alston if there any good I know where they are  thumbs 

http://www.cherrytree-cottage.org/

http://nenthead.com/

shame you cant make it mike but sure we'll catch up soon m8  thumbs

Thanks for the offer Mike ,it's not the reason why Mel is not coming now it's other reasons , sure if I keep looking I will find somewhere for myself Saturday night

If I had my way Chad he could bring it in the front room............right next to mine, unfortunately women don't see reason sometimes!  confused

Shame you cant make it Mike!  Sad  Amazing how fast the rideout is approaching! Shocked thumbs

One of those things mate. We can never do everything we want to. Fingers crossed for the weather for you   thumbs    thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
shame you cant make it mike but sure we'll catch up soon m8  thumbs

Will do mate. At the Rideout if not before.  Going to take the little one out for a run so will still be on the bike   thumbs