Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Offski in the morning

Well, that came around quickly enough. On the big bird to Barcelona tomorrow, on to the flat for a bit of R'n'R and I'll be riding the ZZR back from July 14th. Over the Pyrenees and on to the ferry at Le Havre. Packing was easy as I have no room for clothes (all gloves and waterproofs  Laughing ) Will try to post when I get some Wifi. Play nicely now...... shake finger 

enjoy yourself Alan have fun and safe journey m8  thumbs thumbs 

Travel went like clockwork, had a raging toothache from my recent visit to the dentist, seems to be settling. Just been to the bank, having morning coffee in town on the seafront.  Smile 

Had a ride into the hills to check the bike over, all looks OK. Unfortunately hit San Mateo in rush hour  Very Happy 

OK, how many of you have ever been boxed in by bamboo?

nice one just watch out for pandas  Laughing thumbs 

Looking good, though watch that rush hour, looks dangerous   thumbs    Laughing    Laughing    Laughing

Hi all, been an eventful couple of days. My gum got worse, finally went to a local dentist on Thursday, who advised antibiotics, then showed me a local technique where he pressed the inflammation until l almost fainted. Went home, started my penicillin, while my gum got ever bigger. At about seven it burst, blood and pus everywhere, now seem to be on the mend. I actually looked at flights home, could barely get my lid on.  Shocked

Anyway, Saturday morning went down town for a few bits, and the local classic club was set up in the square. Norton Commando there although mainly old Spanish and ltalian stuff.

Packing tonight, leave Vinaros in the morning for Broto in the Ordesa National Park in the Pyrenees. Should cross into France Tuesday lunchtime l guess.  Smile

Not good news, but sounds like you're struggling on   thumbs  thumbs 

Ride safe mate and enjoy   thumbs

Awesome day's ride, just cooling off then into the village for a beer l guess. Feeling OK, bike behaving, weather perfect, maybe a bit hot on the bike, but lots of sunshine and good tarmac.  Laughing 

Coffee stop this afternoon

This is the Garganta, a gorge near Broto. Took the pic into the sun and in hurry but you get the idea. Thinking of going the long way into Pau tomorrow but will what weather is like first.  Smile 

last thing you need hope you on the mend Alan - great pics as well  thumbs 

Just off to see the waterfall then it looks like pizza for tea. Great scenery  Laughing 

Another fab day, really tires mind. The heat is flooring me. Did a couple of little detours but nowhere safe to take pics.  Sad 

This is Col d'Aubisque

Passed this groovy green lake near the border

Yesterday was hard-270 miles on D roads is a pretty long way. Just letting lunch settle in Saumur, enjoying the breeze off the Loire which is 50 yards away. About 60 more miles into Le Mans. Smile 

less of the poetic twaddle  Laughing Laughing 
im only jealous m8  thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
less of the poetic twaddle  Laughing Laughing 
im only jealous m8  thumbs 
lol dick he is beginning to get on my nerves now  lol!  only joking Alan sound like your having a great time m8  thumbs 

Well if it helps l have had a lot of toothache  Laughing arrived in Le Mans, 36 degrees. Think l may get in the shower to dry off!

Our lunch stop was just to the right of this pic, on the bridge over the Loire. Getting into good cider country btw-best summer drink ever  Smile 

Looks good   thumbs    thumbs    Though I think I might be with Dick on this one   thumbs    Shocked    Laughing    Laughing    hide

OK ya bastids, last entry. Another lovely ride across rural France, arrived safely in Honfleur, about half hour to the ferry in the morning. Pic from my lunch table today

wave

Right, managed to dodge the French rainstorms. On the ferry now, katamaran actually so not hanging about, just got to get from Portsmouth to Nottingham now without getting a dousing  rain 

Right, managed to dodge the French rainstorms. On the ferry now, katamaran actually so not hanging about, just got to get from Portsmouth to Nottingham now without getting a dousing  rain 
you will do well if you do ,good luck

Well I got back, didn't see wet tarmac until about 75 miles from home. Dodged the actual rainstorms but had a lot of spray, then 2 miles from home had to ride along the pavement to circumvent a flooded road. Anyway, as Sam Gamgee said, "Well, I'm back"  Very Happy 

@Davehutch wrote:
Glad your back safe m8 , are you coming super sausage cafe tomorrow then ?  hide

It did cross my mind Dave but got to nip up to work & sort someone out, unpack, not really got time TBH. Sorry.  Sad