Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

Kawasaki ZX12 (A1)

Right gents. As hard as this is needs must. (Thanks to Haveugot1 and Gravelrash for the post).

If all goes to plan (knowing my luck something will crop up) I'll be getting a new bike (if Gravelrash doesn't beat me to it) next week so I need to say goodbye to the ZX. Would anyone be interested in a 'W' Reg (2000) Kawasaki ZX12? It is in the green, and a cracking bike and unrestricted Twisted Evil . I think most have seen it, but if anyone is interested let me know and I will put a few pictures up.

well get up a price and some info Wink lol.

and i have seen the possible bike, looks lush mate!

well get up a price and some info Wink lol.

and i have seen the possible bike, looks lush mate!

If people are interested I'll sort with them mate   thumbs

I have to agree   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   I love you   I love you   I love you

Could you not get a good trade in on the zx against the zzr Mike? Mark got a cracking deal on his Bandit against the Busa! Hope all goes well on the test mate thumbs tiz a beauty of a machine! I love you

Could you not get a good trade in on the zx against the zzr Mike? Mark got a cracking deal on his Bandit against the Busa! Hope all goes well on the test mate thumbs tiz a beauty of a machine! I love you

I've asked mate and they've offered me £1,600 for her. I think she's worth £2,000 at least, but the ZX12 isn't as popular as the Blackbird or the Busa (needs a big man to ride them and there aren't many of us   Twisted Evil ).  So if I can get at least that, I'll sell her on so someone can get to enjoy her.

have i missed something scratch

Don't think so mate, it's all happened quite quickly. If all goes to plan I'm getting a new bike, so will need to part with the ZX12. Fancy it?   thumbs

sorry mate been there and done that got owning a super fast rocket ship out of my system with the busa . i know a couple of lads with zx12s who have had high bars fitted on them and they say theyre much more comfortable though

sorry mate been there and done that got owning a super fast rocket ship out of my system with the busa . i know a couple of lads with zx12s who have had high bars fitted on them and they say theyre much more comfortable though

Fair comment mate. Left mine as is and always found it comfortable to ride, seemed to suit me fine thumbsthumbsthumbs

Got a few bits for the ZX if they're interested mate? A swing arm, few ignition coils. I'll dig out what I've got and let you know.

@haveugot1 wrote:
I might have a look down sat if you let me no what time your going?

Will let you know mate. Need to confirm a time with my Dad to get the ZXR over for them to take a look at.

Mike.Unless is a cat C or D or its been to the moon and back(which i doubt) i think £2k is achievable on the Bay mate thumbs

@flange wrote:
Mike.Unless is a cat C or D or its been to the moon and back(which i doubt) i think £2k is achievable on the Bay mate thumbs

I was expecting so, but only had offers at 18 so far. Replied and asked for 19 as that is better than the part-ex value I've been given. It's on there until I pick the new one up on 28th. Fingers crossed thumbs

Shame jordan got his pan. As would have been a bit of him. But I'm sure it'll sell as the sun's creeping out

Shame jordan got his pan. As would have been a bit of him. But I'm sure it'll sell as the sun's creeping out

It'll sell mate, just how much for! Wink

Folk pay more for Busa's because they see them dominating the drags, land speed events, Ghost Rider DVD's etc etc. In the real world the ZX12R is a bloody good bike and more than enough for 99% of riders. If your not a cashed up speed freak who wants to break records the ZX is an equal to the Busa in most ways. If anything the ones I've had in bits had a better build quality than the Suzuki's.  

I like them. Busa's suit me, but if there were no Busa's I'd be happy on a ZX12R.
Two of my mates have them and REALLY take some keeping up with!

I had a late model radial braked ZX in blue here for a while. A real "Sledgehammer" bike. Great fun.

Folk pay more for Busa's because they see them dominating the drags, land speed events, Ghost Rider DVD's etc etc. In the real world the ZX12R is a bloody good bike and more than enough for 99% of riders. If your not a cashed up speed freak who wants to break records the ZX is an equal to the Busa in most ways. If anything the ones I've had in bits had a better build quality than the Suzuki's.  

I like them. Busa's suit me, but if there were no Busa's I'd be happy on a ZX12R.
Two of my mates have them and REALLY take some keeping up with!

I had a late model radial braked ZX in blue here for a while. A real "Sledgehammer" bike. Great fun.

Have to agree. I bought it by "accident" really, but love the bike. However, there's a ZZR1400 with my name on thumbsthumbsI love youI love you

@haveugot1 wrote:
Catch me if you can lol

Always can mate, it's the roads that stop me. Got the wrong black top down  Laughing   Laughing   thumbs

Well seems we dont ride on grass youve got no chance big boy lol

too busy bickering over whos got the bigger bike, usually something is said about that, but I wont comment

too busy bickering over whos got the bigger bike, usually something is said about that, but I wont comment

I havent forgot you my little ginger kecker. fingerfofl

@haveugot1 wrote:

I havent forgot you my little ginger kecker. fingerfofl

careful there phil silentsilent

@Davehutch wrote:
being old depends if either of them will take it out for 2nd gear though

think you got away with that Chad , or less there on there way round to yours !

KNOCK, KNOCK!!!!! Laughing

a mate bought a zx12 just before i heard you were selling yours its a w reg in red and dog rough .he bought it off e bay and had it shipped from devon he said if hed seen it in the flesh he would of walked away but the pictures didnt show the bad bits and he paid £2500 Twisted Evil the bike isnt a patch on yours mate

a mate bought a zx12 just before i heard you were selling yours its a w reg in red and dog rough .he bought it off e bay and had it shipped from devon he said if hed seen it in the flesh he would of walked away but the pictures didnt show the bad bits and he paid £2500 Twisted Evil the bike isnt a patch on yours mate

Not good mate. Has he got any recourse through Ebay? Item not as described etc? Hopefully he can get sorted.

he hasnt bothered to complain to ebay hes just getting on with the jobs in hand drilling out snapped bolts and getting things powder coated etc

he hasnt bothered to complain to ebay hes just getting on with the jobs in hand drilling out snapped bolts and getting things powder coated etc

Think I would have been back on to them and let them know what had happened. I'd be looking to get something back.

Well, she's gone! Guy come from Birmingham for her last night. Sold her for all the right reasons, but still sad to see her go. Lad that bought her was happy with her and will look after her. It was a good 3 years, but on with ZZR now thumbsLaughingLaughing

Well, she's gone! Guy come from Birmingham for her last night. Sold her for all the right reasons, but still sad to see her go. Lad that bought her was happy with her and will look after her. It was a good 3 years, but on with ZZR now  thumbs   Laughing   Laughing
thumbs

Frankly mate serves him right. How can you possibly buy a bike based on the owner's photos? As if we all don't know by now what Ebay is like. Rolling Eyes

Rant aside, all the best with the new bike mate. After a couple or three decent length trips I think you'll be very happy with the change. ZZRs are absolute stonkers, and the 14 is for sure the king of the hill. Envious. thumbs

Well, she's gone! Guy come from Birmingham for her last night. Sold her for all the right reasons, but still sad to see her go. Lad that bought her was happy with her and will look after her. It was a good 3 years, but on with ZZR now  thumbs   Laughing   Laughing

nice one mike I look forward to getting out with you when it feckin warms up. thumbs
will you be giving the brakes the same test as last year. Rolling Eyes

3 years, and your still bandit mike Shocked

and youll soon get over it having that new bike of yours but is always sad to see them go

@madcarper wrote:

nice one mike I look forward to getting out with you when it feckin warms up. thumbs
will you be giving the brakes the same test as last year.  Rolling Eyes

Hopefully not mate, got ABS now so should be okay thumbsthumbsEmbarassedLaughingLaughing

Frankly mate serves him right. How can you possibly buy a bike based on the owner's photos? As if we all don't know by now what Ebay is like. Rolling Eyes

Rant aside, all the best with the new bike mate. After a couple or three decent length trips I think you'll be very happy with the change. ZZRs are absolute stonkers, and the 14 is for sure the king of the hill. Envious. thumbs

Always liked the styling on the 12, think it's what drew me to the 14. Enjoyed the ZX, but looking forward to putting some miles on the ZZR thumbsTwisted Evil

@madcarper wrote:

will you be giving the brakes the same test as last year.  Rolling Eyes

Sounds good mate. Have to do Hartside again and I'll try not to leave anything this time EmbarassedLaughingLaughing

3 years, and your still bandit mike Shocked

and youll soon get over it having that new bike of yours but is always sad to see them go

I keep it in honour of the bandit thumbs

And I will mate, going to enjoy the ZZR partyTwisted EvilTwisted Evil