Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Change

can't get a job

nobody hires me.

i have been applying to places who ARE HIRING...and i never hear back from them.

that's NOT right.

that's NOT god's blessing.

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he...(Proverbs 23:7)

You have to change the way you think about a situation, which will result in the change in the way you speak, which will change your situation. Trust me...I have lived this before and my life changed. I just went backwards and my life changed for the worse. I'm on my way back to changing my thinking AGAIN!!!!

:uhoh: do u really want 2 work??? ppl r very diserning these days,,u hav2 market urself more than ever,,put ur best foot 4ward,,wat attitude r u putting out there??? is it :cute: or bandaid ,,,

I agree w/Jadams & dreamy, let me also throw in my perspective as a person who worked in Human Resources and did hiring. How you see yourself is projected to the people you are interviewing with. I will be glad to give you pointers how to job search successfully, be prepared to interview, and interview properly - you can email me if you like.

But I will also add I can help get ready in the natural life, but you need to start trusting God, if you let go and let him take the wheel he'll drive you right up to where you need to be.

Be anxious for nothing - and humble yourself before the Lord.

I will pray for you, as I said you can email me if you like to help you get ready to interview! Flower Power

i appreciate the human advice but THIS problem has a SPIRITUAL root.

a JOB...a GOOD JOB is a BLESSING...it's not a mere side dish of life.

there is a REASON behind my lack of success.

i have been told everything from "speak positively"
"speak the lord's promises" etc...

but it's just not working.

I think the angle I took when I gave you the scripture is the spiritual root. You aren't thinking correctly and when you don't think right, you don't speak right.

I think Hillobeans is trying to help you from the natural standpoint because you need that as well. I think that there is a scripture somewhere in Corinthians that says that the natural comes first and then that which is spiritual.

You have a much bigger problem change and I think no one here has your answer. You must go to God. It appears that every time someone gives you advice, you start your reply off by saying "no, it's not that" or you think it comes from something else. You have a "God relationship" problem and only you and God can fix that. The people here can only give you advice based on our experiences, but if you don't take it or if it's always something else then you won't be helped.

My prayers are with you.

Not trying to jump on you, Change. I have had to do this myself in certain situations. If I was honest with myself, I would not be asking God, "Is it me, Lord, that needs to change?" No, I would say, "Lord, it's me. So change me. Help me to change and to be the person who You have destined me to be." I started proclaiming the promises of God for my life. I would take a situation, and say to myself, "In the natural, I cannot deny that I have no money. But I know that Father has the world and all its fullness. I know that I live in Christ continually, and Christ lives in my continually, and I can ask Father anything I want and it will be done for me." Then I started marinating on the book of James, which many people don't like. It makes them take a hard look at themselves, that's why. James 1:22 says be a doer of the Word and not only a hearer. So when James came to the part where I didn't have because I wasn't asking, and when I asked, I couldn't get what I was asking for because I had wrong motives, I was defiant. But the truth is that the Word is a lamp that makes you see the real you. You will never see yourself if you don't look in a reflection. You will never see your true spiritual self, if you don't look in the mirror of the Word. You will never change inside if you don't let go of anger and bitterness and replace it with the word and prayer. Then your change will come, and it will be reflected on the outside, too. I want to say that I started by waking up each morning thanking God overabundantly, for several minutes, several several minutes at a time. Then I would list all the things that I was thanking Him for. Then I would recite the Lord's prayer and ask Him to give me Heaven on earth today. Then I would sing praises to Him and tell Him how wonderful He really is. Everyone wants to be loved, appreciated, and thanked-we get that from God. I know this works. The word of God says that praises are our weapon, and wisdom brings prosperity. People can love you all day, but you can't receive it as long as you have that barrier of negative emotions, doubt, unbelief, and pessimism. I don't mind you being upset with what I am saying, Change. Please keep in mind that what I am saying to you is what I have paraphrased straight from the bible. Maybe you know all of these things already. Ask the Lord to help you live what you know.

Thanks, Virtuous. Many times, I feel like I am talking to myself too, making sure I do what I gotta do!

here's my confusion...

i have SPECEFIC examples of this...

i applied to be a police officer...i was denied.

i remember i applied to one cheap fast food joint and i talked to the SAME guy THREE freakin' times...he made it sound like he was interested and i was STILL denied...

this year...i applied to a pizza place who again said they WERE hiring...i was denied.

i applied to a car parts manufacturing center who were HIRING...i was again denied.

i applied to a stinky run down yet somehow popular breakfast diner where they were HIRING...i was denied.

just the other day, i applied to a McDonalds who were hiring...i sent my application TWICE...and ONCE MORE...i was STILL denied!!!!

THIS IS MESSED UP!!!!

what is going on here?

it makes me very mad and it hurts even worse.

What do you want to do? Do you have a dream for your future? Have you enquired of the Lord as to what your gifts and talents are. What are you good at? What do you like to do? Why don't you use this time to assess your strengths and weaknesses. Then you could view both categories as it relates to what you want to do. Then as it relates to your dream, what you're good at and so forth? I know it looks messed up. I feel your frustration. I empathize with you. Just keep praying and remember that the enemy of your soul wants you to be frustrated, and for you to feel alienated from your loving Father. The enemy wants you to continue to look at your situation instead of the good things that Father is doing for you right now. Father will show you the doors He has opened for you when it is time. He may already have a door open, but in frustration and confusion, it may not be obvious. Just have faith, and trust Him. Get up asking Him for wisdom and direction. Go to bed at night and get a good rest. Psalm 127: 1-3 says that it is a mute point do this, whether you are guarding a city, or a house if God is not in the situation with you; God gives us good things while we sleep. Do not worry. Literally. According to Isaiah 30:21, whether you go left or right, listen to the voice behind you which says "this is the way that you should go; walk in it."

hello Hislightbeam...

to answer all of your questions in short...I DON'T KNOW.

that's just it!

i don't know any of that...

i NEVER had a plan...i NEVER EVER thought about this in Higschool.

i NEVER knew.

and believe it or not...i don't even know what i like to do...at least that's relevent to getting employed.

i LIKE to sleep...i LIKE to play videogames...i LIKE to watch movies...

i'm getting a sense that i either have to go back into the military which i DON'T want to do...unless God Himself told me to OR just get on with some prestigious job.

pray over this.