Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christa

Serious Private Matter

I've been working for this law firm as their receptionist for about 4 months now. My boss has been doing some illegal things and the district attorney is on him, but my boss doesn't know it. Yes, he is guilty, but I feel bad for him because he's a Christian man and he has a family with one on the way. He owes millions (not exaggerating) of dollars to various investors, but "i don't know" any of this. His main helper (who is my sister in law) quit on him a few weeks ago and left him unequipped to handle the load. He's trying to put me in her spot to a degree, but I'm nervous about this because he'll probably be going to jail very shortly. I've already accepted the position, because I don't want to leave him stranded. I really want to leave this job. I'm financially strapped because he didn't pay me this Friday because my pay got adjusted and "we needed to talk about it." He recently offered me double the money to work for him because I quit a couple of weeks ago. So, I came back, still hesitant.

All the meanwhile, I may be going through a divorce with my husband. Also, I had a dream last night that I was driving a car in a high speed chase through hills because the cops were after me, and I was guilty "POLICE AFTER ME-HARRISON FORD-CATE BLANCHETT SHORT DREAM LONG TITLE." I feel like there's a correlation between him and my husband. It's really weird. It's almost like events with my husband are happening at the same time as events with my boss and they're very similar events. Like they parallel and when one conclusion to events happens (with husband)....the other conclusion to events will follow (with boss or vice versa). And my position in it all is if I gain with one, I lose with the other and vice versa. WEIRD!!!!! Maybe two imbalanced relationships don't equal a balanced one? Is this the theme, I can't figure this one out. Does that make sense? Please advise if you feel lead to. Thanks.

Well, I can say this. If an indictment is done on your boss, the employees under him may be involved too. I know that things are hard, but trust God to work it out and put you where you need to be.

Are you working w/the District attorney on this?

HisLightbeam wrote:
Well, I can say this. If an indictment is done on your boss, the employees under him may be involved too. I know that things are hard, but trust God to work it out and put you where you need to be.

wooo-ooo...I must really have been sluggish when i wrote this! My bad,
Christa. What I am saying is that sometimes employees end up getting indicted with their bosses, even though they may actually know little to nothing. I was in that situation, and I walked off of my job, because the Lord told me to, and just in time, too. I am not trying to frighten you, because I know that things are rough and you have already been looking for a job. Before you left, had the seasons of your job changed, where it was no longer comfortable for one reason or another to work there? God can use anyone to bless us, but we also have to discern when a place of blessing dries up. One thing I can tell you, is be careful who you discuss these things with. I am not saying don't concern yourself with the situation - what I am saying is that you would be surprised how many little birds can carry messages that you don't intend for others to find out. I am truly praying for you, girl. You have some radically tough decisions to make. But you can do it.

Yes......the seasons had changed (it was very noticeable) because his right hand person left....bad blood started to come between them. I was VERY uncomfortable.

I have a hard time with this whole being secretive thing. I hope and pray that this all works out and that I have no involvement in this. I feel a little nervous about posting this info now, but I'll just pray for God to hide me and keep me safe through all of this.

Thanks for all of your prayers! God bless.

Christa,

I say this is love......sometimes when we feel that badly that is the Holy Spirit convicting us for being in that place. I pray this is of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I'm in agreement with the advice above. Normally I would say to start looking for another job and leave when you get one, but in this instance where you know the DA is onto him and you know he's guilty I would leave asap, don't stick around to see things play out...unfortunately, as HLB stated, you could get caught up in the indictment. Again, this is another situation where you have to think about your little one. I know it doesn't help her for you to be out of work, but it also doesn't help her if you're caught up in legal troubles that could lead to severe results or something on your record that makes it harder to get jobs moving forward. Please take this one to your prayer closet tonight and let the Holy Spirit direct your next steps...will keep you in prayer as well!

Dove-Solutions wrote:
Christa,

I say this is love......sometimes when we feel that badly that is the Holy Spirit convicting us for being in that place. I pray this is of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie
I totally agree, Dove, and also wanted to add that the Lord will allow us to be tested in different areas of our lives, and one of them is the area of integrity too. So, you see, even though the Lord does provide, He also wants us to walk in integrity. No matter what you decide, Christa, if you function in integrity, the Lord will cover you. It may look rough, but the end result-you'll see-will be the Lord will work it out for your good.