Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Binding and Losing and Spiritual Warfare

Is this the right way to pray-in dealing with an angry person
" I bind the spirit of anger/rage/idolatry/antichrist and I lose the fruits of the Holy Spirit into this persons life."
I took a class at LU online recently and the professor did not agree with binding and losing this but didn't say why.
Thank you!

Justblueskies,

I don't think it is wrong per say but I always believed in blessing people. I find when I bless them I am loving them, when I am angry with them I am judging them. When I get angry I try to bless the person with my love, peace, joy, kindness, temperance, a sound mind, a soft heart to receive me and Jesus, Blessed in their health, blessed in their finances, blessed in the relationship with God and man. I hope that helps.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I agree that we should bless people but I also believe in binding and cursing those spirits, that are not of God, from the root.

When God said "Whatsoever you bind on earth, will be bind in heaven and whatsoever you loose on earth, will be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 16:19); He gave us the authority to do so in everything including spirits. We wrestle not against flesh and blood (the person) but against principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places (spirits that are not of God) - Ephesians 6:12. And for that scripture alone is WHY, the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds - 2 Corinthians 10:4.

We HAVE to start speaking to these spirits and commanding them to leave. That's what Jesus did. The man who had all those spirits (legions - in one of the Gospels...?), Jesus spoke directly to those spirits and commanded them to leave!

BUT, I must add we have to be called, anointed, and graced by God to deal with certain spirits. Don't try to go casting out spirits and demons if God didn't tell you to go. That's why we have to stay fasted and prayed up (I'm guilty of this...help me Jesus!).

I am not angry with him I am thinking he is oppressed.
I s there any danger if I do this-I dont want spirits of anger in my household!

I am sorry I should have explained myself better. I do not mean that you should not bind the enemy and cast them out. I am a deliverance minister. I am totally up for the battle. I was talking from a prayer prospective. I have found in my life and in my personal experience that blessing people seems to tear down some of the enemy lines. Which just helps me for the battle.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

hmmm can u loose the fruit of the holy spirit?? um oerhaps u kan loose the grace of god,goodness of god,,mercy etc,,ther is a strong reason why someone is angry,,find out wat that origen is,,deal wiv it,,then the person shood come 2 peace..generaly speaking,, D

Yes you can. They are blessings. I always just say a pray like this:

Father I bless ______ in their finances, relationship with you, relationship with others, in the health, in their job, in their attitude, in whatever are may be a problem.....you see where I am going Dreamy.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

You ask 'is this the way to pray for an angry person?' yes, of the anger has a demonic route. But if the person is angry because they are hurt, which is mostly why people get angry, then pray for healing for the hurt. That's my thought.

I strongly agree with what has been said, but I feel love needs to be added to the prayer.
Example:
Lord wrap your arms around this mighty child of God, Grasp them with your love, melt there heart, calm there spirit.
Lord bring joy into there life, and take away those emotions that bring forth the anger. Soften there heart and show them your love.

Remember anger is not an emotion, but the result of emotions.

5 points for me, that is the first time ever I hit spell check and didnt have to fix anything.