Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Hearing God

When you ask God for specific answers for yourself how do you go about it?

I wait and I'm quiet or go to the Word of God. Either way, He's faithful in answering.

I ask God when I am talking to Him...and then I just let go of it. When God tells me the answer He gets my attention I don't need to look for it. There have been times in my life though...when I have felt led by the Holy Spirit to fast or go away alone with Him for awhile....

To flood ourselves with God and be revived. the only thing that is on my mind right now that comes to my mind ( that I know can get in the way of hearing God) is unforgiveness...God tells us that when we come to Him in prayer...If we have ought against our brother we are to go to our brother to make it right first....and then, God will hear us. Hope this helps...Love in Christ Jesus..........................

Hi,

I agree with Cholette and Linda whole heartedly. I've been having issues just getting the full request out to God. This has helped me: Joyce Meyer once said that you need to butter God up a little bit with praise and worship first before asking for anything. He loves to be loved by you and he loves to hear it over and over how much you love Him. Joyce said, when her kids butter her up and tell her how wonderful she is, and what a good mother she is, she immediately wants to give them everything (she knows they're buttering her up for something). I love the thought that our God is our daddy.....that He is a loving parent to us. "Delight yourselves in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." God is good and He wants you to have clarity and wisdom. God bless you!

I agree with all of you but would like to add something.

When I go before the Lord.....I ask for nothing. I thank him for everthing. I expect that he knows what I need and will supply my need and I thank him for all he is doing and all he will do in my life. I thank him that he will direct each step I take and provide open doors that he wants me to walk through.....that he slams shut those I should not go through. I thank him for the wisdom, understanding and knowledge he has given me that I may lead a life pleasing to him. I thank him for being the awesome, wonderful, my beloved Lord and King. I thank him for the heart of david to love him even more and for the pure heart that will allow him to use me in a way that he has planned. I thank him that he pushes me aside and brings forth his Holy Spirit that I may be a witness to the world and through that witness people would give their lives to Christ.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Amen, I agree with you, ladies. When I am quiet, and have worshipped, the Lord will give me scripture that affirms or tells me no. But often, I am given a reason, and it is a quiet and understanding conversation.

Christa wrote:
Hi,

I agree with Cholette and Linda whole heartedly. I've been having issues just getting the full request out to God. This has helped me: Joyce Meyer once said that you need to butter God up a little bit with praise and worship first before asking for anything. He loves to be loved by you and he loves to hear it over and over how much you love Him. Joyce said, when her kids butter her up and tell her how wonderful she is, and what a good mother she is, she immediately wants to give them everything (she knows they're buttering her up for something). I love the thought that our God is our daddy.....that He is a loving parent to us. "Delight yourselves in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." God is good and He wants you to have clarity and wisdom. God bless you!

Christa, you are so right about praise and worship. A year ago I was in such a mess and darkness was all around me. I didn't know what to do, I was even scared to go bed as my dreams where awful. But when I woke up I turned worship music and praised the Lord, when I left the house, I put headphones and praised Him, everywhere I went and whatever I did, I surrounded myself with praises and worship, day and night, rain or shine. Every time I lifted my hand to worship Him, He took away the heaviness from my shoulders more and more. This was the only method I could stay sane and feel secure. However, I didn't see immediate changes but rather felt even more opposition. You know what after some time when God took me to the next level of my life and I saw how He prepared everything SO PERFECTLY, I suddenly realised that while I was prasing and worshiping Him, He took care of the rest. Words can not express what God did for me and for my family. Now I can spend hours in just praising and worshiping HIM. I love it