Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

what do you do when you hear something prophetically that seems bad

How do you discern if it is God/yourself/the enemy and how to respond ? for example hearing someone is sick?
i am feeling like I may have heard something not sure and am praying!

I do that very thing...pray and ask the Lord to confirm that it is from Him...

One other thing is to test the spirit of the person that gave it to you. Saying something like: Does the spirit that just told me XYZ confess that Jesus came in the flesh before the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit? If it is not of the Lord they cannot confess it. Hope this helps.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Jesus Rocks like my little friends here:

I meant when you hear something yourself-not through another person. thank you!

This is what I do...I just pray for them. It doesn't hurt to pray. The prayer would be that IF this person is sick, that the healing power of Jesus Christ would penetrate their being and bring about the DIVINE healing that He purchased for them. Then...if you feel like it was YOU that conjured this up some how on your own, then you just pray a general prayer over the person.

God loves for us to pray for others. This use to happen to me sometimes and I would worry about it, but I stopped doing that because I used prayer as my weapon against any spirit that would cause me to think something that wasn't really going on. You can't go wrong. The more I prayed, the less I was faced with this issue. To be honest with you, I never found out if my thoughts were right or wrong...I just know, right now in my life, that I pray for whoever comes to my mind and I cover them with a blanket prayer. If it's the enemy trying to get you to think negatively regarding a persons condition, then he will leave you alone because he HATES prayer.

one other thning to ask yourself....is what i am being told in the character of God...God will not tell us anything that is out of line of His instructions that guide our lives...for instance, He will not tell you to steal something or tell a lie to someone....this would be out of character for Him but not out of chartacter for the imposter (satan or demonic forces) to do...and try to convince you it is God telling you this...i have had this happen to me more than once...

randomhit10