Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linda Irish

I NEED WISDOM....now please

This is the situation, The fund raiser is scheduled for all day tomorrow...about 20 tables in a field, with mexican food, venders, yard sales, jewelry and home made Christmas items...all were told to bring their own table tent etc.....

I have been praying for sun, it is almost 200 pm here on Saturday..and it is and has been raining all day...the field where the sale is, is muddy buy not so bad that we cant have the sale....the ad says, COME RAIN OR SHINE...(tis a fund raiser for a little 6 year old boy with leukemia to help raise money to make it possible for his parents to rent a healthier home to live in.....I do know that God of course can make the rain go away and the sun come out.....but i do not know if that is what God will do or not. I read a dream that gave me hope that this might happen but i have been seeking confirmation from God and not recieved it as of yet. God is having me learn as I go.

My ideas...i thought I might call the people with the tables and ask to take vote on if they just wanted to reschedule til next Sunday and I would call everyone up and let them know and put a large sign up in the field to let others know as well.

Or i can just continue to wait for a confirmation, and follow through with the original plan....and let the chips fall where they may.....I truly would like prayerful input and possible ideas on this from you please pray that i have wisdom in this decision ...............thanks

You have wisdom Linda...just trust it. The thing that I see is that you have to be a woman of your word. You advertised "Come rain or shine"...you have to hold to that.

You said...

I do know that God of course can make the rain go away and the sun come out.....but i do not know if that is what God will do or not

Um...do you trust Him or not? The awesome thing about the Lord is, He has a knack of making things happen despite the circumstances. God can allow it to rain and the people STILL come out. God can make the weather be really nice and it all work out fine...HE IS GOD!!!! I say...GO FORTH IN FAITH AND LET GOD BE GOD!!!!!

ok...so the sale was to be in the muddy field and I was talking to
God through out the day...i said Im good with following through with tomorrow if that is what you want God...but I need a confirmation. God knows I need a confirmation because I want to honor God first, and I did not have a specific solid knowledge....I felt llike maybe like a little kid...who is so excited to tell the joke...that he just can't wait for the right moment, the timing, and instead just blurts out the punch line for the sheer joy of it..and I was feeling like this, I was so happy to do what God wanted me to do....that (and I am telling this to God) maybe i need to slow down and be in your timeing God....not like a little kid that blurts out the punchline to the joke....too early....so that is why I am asking for a confirmation If yu want me to have the sale as I had planned....I will but if so send a confirmation...that I know, that I know it is YOUR will and not mine.

so I waited all day...and still no confirmation so as I am in Gods presence... I get it, that I need to make the call based on what 'God has taught me and what the Bible principles are and first I seek christian counsel....and get online with our web site....oooops....no immediate answer and it is getting late...so I am inspired to ask my husband what he believes I should do...he says call the national weather station and I do.....It is cold and muddy outside and the weather guy says 70 percent chance of rain...next i went on the KLOVE chiristian radio prayer chain....to request prayer for wisdom, and i begin to think of the dozen or so venders and moms who have rented space for our giant sale and I decide to call each of them and ask their opinion, what is their preferance...I wanted to honor them as well. All agreed to rescheduled.......I know this is a training session in leadership.....and i felt so light after that....later in seeing the posts I agree God can and does make all things work for good for those who love the Lord and are called together for His purpose. I did not feel bound to have the event on that specific day, but i did feel bound by conviction to honor the people who were trusting me to help this turn out to be a successful event for them as well. They had all invested money to rent the space to sell their food or wares etc...... There is so much more to tell but it is in two days now...and we have a new place that is covered and safe from the rain....it was 200.00 and the insurance to have the event was 279.00, I have brought in 340.00 so far from the sale of donations for space and raffle tickets, and the we havent even had the sale yet....(so keep us in prayer......we are putting my husbands fire engine with a big sign on it to tell others that the site of the sale has been moved.....will keep yu updated thanks for the input and the prayers.............In Christ, Linda