Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lola21st

TO ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ!!!

It is an incredible blessing to see the growth in the number of members of this site! At the last count we are now a community of 1043 members which is nothing short of God remarkable because just one year ago the membership was under 300 members. I believe that there are several reasons for this growth - aside from the magnetic personalities... laugh ....it is truly God at work.

When Mia and Laura started this site last year, it was in response to a calling that the Lord had placed on Mia’s heart which was to teach people how to interpret their dreams so that they could grow closer in their fellowship with the Lord. One key premise of her teaching is that dream and symbol interpretation would be Bible based. Another key piece that the Lord told them was that the site was not to name drop, i.e, reference external ministries. It is important that this site be a neutral ground so that we are not distracted from our mission which is to interpret dreams and discuss dream interpretation. If we allow references to external sites, we invite judgment and potential dissension within the group. Even in those cases where a ministry is extremely well known, there will always be some who do not support the ministry. Our challenge is that we don’t want to appear as though we implicitly support a ministry by allowing references because we don’t want to alienate other members who don’t agree with the teachings of that ministry.

I’ve found myself in the last couple of weeks editing several posts and PM’ing members to make them aware of this rule which is something I don’t like to do but have to do in order to maintain the integrity of the site. So I thought I’d post a link to Laura’s teaching on this very topic as she provides an eloquent explanation. I encourage all members, especially our newer members, to read this posting as well as some others that I think will serve as a great refresh for longstanding members or as a great teaching for newer members. Please read and abide by these principles while on the site:

External websites
/forum-rules-regulations-f16/more-rules-and-guidelines-t2216.htm

Symbol Use
http://www.heartsongministry.com/Dream_symbols.html

Living as Children of Light
/forum-rules-regulations-f16/living-as-children-of-light-t1194.htm

I would like to add something related to this last posting, “Living As Children of Light”. This site is meant to be a place where people can come to learn, seek confirmation on their dreams, fellowship, and otherwise receive and/or provide edification from/to others. It is our desire that everyone leave here feeling better/stronger than when they arrived. Everyone should expect to have a peaceful experience while here. Should you ever find that that peace is not possible because of another member’s contact or actions towards you, either on the boards or behind the scenes (i.e., PMs), please feel free to PM the moderators to let us know of the situation and we will prayerfully address it.

We love you all and pray that God continues to richly bless you!

Thanks Lola for posting this. It is good for us to be reminded who have been on the site for some time and I agree that we need to be an encouragement to everyone who comes here.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Amen Lurdy's and thank you SO much for addressing these issues. Everything that is hidden in darkness, God will bring to Light! please let us know about any questionable emails you may be recieving...whether it is harrassment or if something just doesnt sit right in your spirit.

love,