Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linda Marie Irish

Walk In The Spirit of The Lord...And Hear God

Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Freedom...but there is also God's divine will. God has been talking with me lately about being sensitive to stay..............stay, in the annointing and the power of His Holy Spirit.

It seems like once we've been born again and baptised in the spirit of God it's not uncommon to one day find ourselves just wandering about with our daily routine...unknowingly distancing ourself from walking in the footsteps of the Holy Spirit that is to lead us into all truth. Instead its llike we just expect the Holy Spirit to "tag along"....maybe you all are not guilty of this, but I was. I don't want it to be like this anymore.

I find myself often....just trusting, that the Holy Spirit is with me as I go about doing the things I do (and He is) but there is more-Knowing the Spirit is with you and being led by the Holy Spirit are NOT THE SAME thing. I want to stay in the place where I am led. There is more and I know it.

Last weekend I found myself thinking that it has been four months now since my income was taken away from me during an attack from the enemy during the release of "Its A God Thing...MY SHEEP WILL HEAR MY VOICE. A project that God told me to do eight years ago.

I had been accustom to tithing by buying engraved Bibles regularly for young men at a Christian based rehab here where I live. But with the loss of a job and the company fighting against my unemployment benefits I was in a different place now....

I found myself with 120.00 from sales of my books and lunch money from my husband... and I thought about giving it all for Bibles...that would buy 4 leather bound personally engraved Bibles...but would leave me totally broke. I'm thinking, a tithe is considered ten percent...I could just give 12.00. I hadn't had any income in three months.....I am not use to being without cash for lunches and an occasional Starbucks. I prayed. I felt bad that I had not been able to help all these months and I ordered the books - and paid the bill. It felt wonderful.

I felt in my spirit that God was telling me to stay tight...I dont need to be talking all the time when Im with God, I can feel comfortable in just being with Him (God) but yes STAY with him all day. I gave all my money, and on Friday my husband came home and handed me forty dollars. "Whats this for?" I said. and he told me that someone at his work had heard of my book and wanted to donate to my ministry...and not only that but she was bringing in another donation next week. WOW.

I went to Starbucks to meet a lady that was going to be a witness for my hearing...I wanted to buy her a cup of coffee for her trouble in meeting me to write out her statement, so we ordered iced drinks...with my husbands joint check book but when we were informed that they dont take checks anymore, the man behind us happily volunteered to treat us....

That night my husband took me out to a nice dinner at our favorite local restaurant, he'd set aside 22.00 just for that occasion and it was really nice. I have been practicing staying in Gods divine Holy Spirit....and when the waitress asked what booth, she offered the big comfy booth up in the front by the windows or the one in the back by the loud kitchen....

I always pick the window booth...and my husband (almost) always lets me have my way, as he is very gracious soul. This time however...I was practicing walking in the Spirit of God and I was sensitive to the Spirit when I said, "Well, Peter, where would you like to sit?" He picked the uncomfortable booth in the back by the loud kitchen.

Half way through dinner the parents of a little girl in the back started shaking their child and I could see the terror on their faces...the babies' face was red and her eyes were rolling into the back of her head...she was still....the parents did not speak English I could not understand what they were saying but I was on my feet and over there in a moment....and took the baby from the father...and turned her around...I started the heimlich on her and it took almost a minute before I could get the childs air pipe clear to breath....the parents were crying. I dont know Spanish but I know exactly what they were saying with their eyes and the way they hugged me.

That little girls life was saved that night because God was teaching me something. Abide in me. Wrap yourself in white every day....be with the King...Follow the Spirit, dont try to lead because nothing that Im doing is more important than what God wants me to do. Be disciplined, thats what being a disciple..is about...it is taking practice. but I know God has so much more for His children to do when they aspire to abide.

I am learning a lot this week...I hope God is teaching you through my story also....

That night...........I was so happy to be alive and so close with God. He is so wonderful.

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!

Praise God! wow... thank you for sharing.

Walk in the Spirit of the Lord! Love it!!!

Praise the Lord that you submitted to His leadings!

He is our Provider and Protector; your testimony is another reminder to trust Him!

crying God is truly amazing and when we spend time with him we learn so much I am so glad that you were in the divine will of God to save that lil girls life huggins

PRAISE YAH!!!! I totally know what you are speaking of I LOVE those kinds of days with God!!!!

I believe you gave me another confirmation too!!! "My Sheep know My voice"...
That came to my mind when I was telling God something earlier today and the first confirmation was from Blueskies, she quoted the same verse!!

I too am learning the submitting thing, it can be tough sometimes but Well worth it when I obey

Linda, girl!!!!!!!

Let me say this to you. A couple of weeks ago at Bible Study, we had a guest speaker from New Zealand (no it's not Dreamster...YET!...LOL). The title of his message was "Today Creates Your Testimony". The main premise to the message was, that God wants us to focus on TODAY and only TODAY. Yesterday is gone and is history and tomorrow, we were commanded not to worry about. TODAY is the DAY that the Lord has made...we shall rejoice and be glad in it. TODAY, He loads us up with benefits...We have brand new mercies given to us EVERY MORNING!!! etc, etc, etc.

He said that each morning we should start our day, asking the Holy Spirit to give us diving guidance into the day and take us into places and meet people that need the Lord. He said many of our days are normally spent worried about what happened yesterday and worried about tomorrow, but not enough time spent in our TODAY...the REAL GIFT! What you are learning is just that. You are practicing the presence of the Holy Spirit...tuning your heart into his lead. The way I see it for my own life is that I've been invited to "THE DANCE" and I'm allowing the Holy Spirit to lead me in the steps of the dance. We are dancing to the music of the day...whatever that may be.

He is ALWAYS with us, whether we acknowledge Him or not. There are times when I'm driving and I will catch myself thinking about something that will take place at the end of the week and I have to reel myself back in and that's when I say..."Holy Spirit, I love you and I'm glad you are here in the car with me". It's amazing how those words nestle me into His bosom and the closeness I feel...IMMEDIATELY!!

It's the enemy's attack to keep us boggled down with STUFF...NOISE...LIES. He has no power, so he uses those things to keep us away from acknowledging that God is there. He keeps us caught up in the details of everything...trying to figure out EVERYTHING instead of letting Him lead us in the "dance" of our day.

Your post has warmed my heart because it's been my prayer that ALL the saints in the Body of Christ would recognize who we really have inside of us. We are the container of the supremacy and holiness of God. That is why you can be led to a table that just so happen was next to a family that would eventually be in distress and you were able to help them. That is why when you let go and not pay attention to the amount of money that is in your hand, God can meet your need. WE ARE HOLY BECAUSE HE IS HOLY!!!! We live, move and have our being IN HIM!!! When we KNOW and RECOGNIZE that, the sky is the limit to what we experience in our TODAY.

Thank you for sharing this...thank you for hearing the Lord...thank you for being obedient in writing the book...thank you for being obedient to practicing the presence of the Lord. May we each follow your example.

Praise the Lord!!!!!!

Cholette...
God bless your heart. I thought about that little girl and how precious she is to God. She may do powerful things in the Kingdom of God I do pray. Sometimes I think...I can hardly believe that I have lived so long and still have so much out there to learn. really. Thank you for your input...it made me cry ..I love you all, In Christ...the lover of our soul,

Hinds Feet and Chollette, and all the others that I've had an opportunity to know, "Dreamster" obviously, I miss all of you so much here on Mias site...I was led by God to set aside my visits here and to set aside my love of reading to work on the book that God told me to write...the revision is done and I am really happy that I may be at liberty again, to visit here. I have so much missed you all and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I've learned so mucn and God is doing so much in all of our lives. talk soon, love you all, in Christ Jesus!!!

I miss you too Linda!!
I know how you feel... I haven't been able to get on lately either but its from different circumstances.

I shared this story with my daughter to show her how important it is to hear from God someones lifE could depend on it!

Wow that is awesome! Thank you for sharing that. This experiece did make a difference to me. After this happened, I felt truly humbled at how, By always assuming my own way, how many times was I missing out on opportunity to be used by God. having a gracious spouse, was no reason for me to continually allow myself to have all, or make all the choices...I am trying to be more gracious to my husband and have made changes in my life to be more involved in the activities that I normally did not participate in. It is a bit of a sacrifice, but I can see how much he is appreciating this new involvement. After never once watching a baseball game, (because I cannot stand the sound of it and it seem boring0....but this year, with ear plugs, I watched the World Series with my husband and even discussed the game...and did not make phone calls ~text, or even look at magazines....I commited to be involved completely....God never runs out of stuff to teach us...it meant the world to my husband! Amen.