Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovelywomanofvirtue

I don't know whats going on

Hi everyone, I am needing some encouragement or something. I have been praying about my schooling. It seems like every time I turn around something happens, and it prevents me from graduating, right when I am beginning to see the light. I have been trying to finish my degree since 05...and I am so tired. I am just 4 classes away, and the school has messed up my financial aid.....so they told me i could not register for the next term...now they are saying i owe a balance....pray for me ya'll. Its to the point where I am wondering if God even wants me to get this degree. I have ran into so many roadblocks along the way. I'm tired ya'll. To be honest, I don't even know how to pray about this situation anymore.

It seemed like i was getting hit big time before my ordination, but now even after...stuff just does not seem to be going right....iits like my life is in a standstill....can anyone relate? I don't know what kind of place I am in right now, all i know is that it is wierd......

Sounds like a breakthrough to me!

I'll tell you like Cholette told me one time...

If you want to know where God is moving in your life - WATCH THE DEVIL!!!!

This is how you pray honey:

Lord HELP!

Everytime you start to feel discouraged and overwhelmed, pray LORD HELP!

I am in an almost identical situation but with even more problems and just praying that little bit every time I got discouraged has been amazing. Within two days of combating the feelings of stress with LORD HELP! I am in a place of perfect peace even though nothing has changed.

I wrote this while going through it and it helped me:

/mia-s-musings-f27/praying-your-way-to-victory-t9971.htm

Amen to that, I know how you feel when I was in school, there were so many attacks coming on me mentally and physicallly before I graduated at the time I was a young Christian (still am in some ways), all I did was pray, every issue that came up I asked God for help. And sometimes when you don't know how to pray, ask The Spirit to pray for you and believe it in Jesus name!

I will say this to you LovelyWoman...

Check the season as well. I can tell you a story about what happened to me. My church has a Leadership College. I KNEW the Lord told me to go. I signed up and trusted him for the money to register. I was talking BIG FAITH because I'm unemployed right now and no income anywhere. I was encouraging a lady that I know at church to go and trust God. Well she did...God met her need...but my need wasn't met. She was able to start, but i didn't. I was like "Hey God, I thought you said you wanted me to sign up?" No answer. I was devastated because I also wanted to finish my degree at the local university and I missed getting in by .2 GPA...due to the high volume of applications.

Well, I moved on with my life and really didn't think anything else about the Leadership College and then last night I was at Bible Study and this lady sat next to me. We both noticed that the usher has been sitting her next to me for the past three weeks. We laughed and then she said "the Lord has laid you on my heart and I wanted to know if you are interested in attending the Leadership College?" Could this be? Did God just give me MORE than what I could ask for? Yes He did. This lady is paying for me to go...the only thing I need to do is get the information to her today.

I said all of that to say this...check the season. It wasn't that God didn't want me to go when the money wasn't put in my hand...it was that he had the perfect timing for me to attend. The same may be for you. Could there be something else God wants you to do right now? You were just ordained...could it be that he wants to use you more in the area of ministry right now? Ask Him...He will tell you and give you peace about it.

Cholette wrote:

Check the season as well. I can tell you a story about what happened to me. My church has a Leadership College. I KNEW the Lord told me to go. I signed up and trusted him for the money to register. I was talking BIG FAITH because I'm unemployed right now and no income anywhere. I was encouraging a lady that I know at church to go and trust God. Well she did...God met her need...but my need wasn't met. She was able to start, but i didn't. I was like "Hey God, I thought you said you wanted me to sign up?" No answer. I was devastated because I also wanted to finish my degree at the local university and I missed getting in by .2 GPA...due to the high volume of applications.

Well, I moved on with my life and really didn't think anything else about the Leadership College and then last night I was at Bible Study and this lady sat next to me. We both noticed that the usher has been sitting her next to me for the past three weeks. We laughed and then she said "the Lord has laid you on my heart and I wanted to know if you are interested in attending the Leadership College?" Could this be? Did God just give me MORE than what I could ask for? Yes He did. This lady is paying for me to go...the only thing I need to do is get the information to her today.

I said all of that to say this...check the season. It wasn't that God didn't want me to go when the money wasn't put in my hand...it was that he had the perfect timing for me to attend. The same may be for you. Could there be something else God wants you to do right now? You were just ordained...could it be that he wants to use you more in the area of ministry right now? Ask Him...He will tell you and give you peace about it.

Amen

Cholette wrote:

Desiree experienced the same thing. Right before the fall semester one year the Lord gave me a vision of her walking with a HUGE stack of books and I heard the word provision.

However, she didn't get any financing that year. But the next year she was offered an awesome scholarship.

Lovelywomanofvirtue,

Just remember this. If the Lord brought you to it the Lord will bring you through it. If he appoints you to the task he will make the way for you to complete the task. I can't tell you how many times he has done this for me. when I went to ministry training I was like broke. No money in the bank...not even a dime. In one afternoon I had all of the money for the tiuition and for books and a little left over. I was all paid up in one fail swoop. Never under estimate what the Lord is doing. He may not be answering but he is moving.....just trust him to do the thing he promised and be obedient to the task. I promise he will not let you down. It will be just in time and come from the least expected place/person. Our God is so so awesome. Hang in girl. Just trust him like my signature verse.

Love in Jesus,

Connie :angel:

Dove,

God gives me that scripture a lot as well. That's when I know I'm trying to understand or make sense of something in my own strength.

You know, that is something I wondered as well...maybe this is the time for me to focus more on that. Thanks you guys....man....awesome. I will most definitely continue seeking Gods will for me in that area. I'm not gonna trip too hard...thank you all....Check the season...when i saw those three words...it hit me! Thanks Cholette.....all of you!

LOL, CHOLETTE. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! GOD ALWAYS SAYS WHAT HE MEANS, BUT SOMETIMES WE DON'T UNDERSTAND OR HE DOESN'T REVEAL TO US THE MEANING BEHIND WHAT HE SAYS, UNTIL IT IS TIME FOR US TO KNOW. THEN IT IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE, BUT MUCH, WAYYY, BETTER THAN WHAT WE ENVISIONED. laugh THAT'S LOVELY.