Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deborah

God Himself paid me

I was a homeschooling mom for 12 years. My son graduated from high school this spring. I was praying as to what my next step was and my niece showed up one day. Now this niece I wanted to adopt when she was a baby (she's 19 now). Her parents didn't want her and had neglected their other two daughters. But, I was pregnant at the time and I thought they'd be offended if I offered to adopt their daughter and so I didn't say anything.

My niece hasn't had an easy life. Her mother died about 12 years ago, when my niece was about 7. Her dad works all the time and she was alone a lot. I so wanted to reach out to her but her dad (my brother) had resentment against me for taking him to task about neglecting their daughters (I was the only one in my large family who said ANYTHING to his face).

So anyway, my niece is now 19 and she has a little baby. Her dad (my brother) has remarried and his new wife kicked my niece and her infant out of the house. My niece is working and she needed a babysitter, she was wondering if I'd be available.

I started babysitting my great niece the day school started again after the summer break. My great niece is so, so beautiful and I love her a lot. I call her "Little Miss America" because she brings happiness wherever she goes. Well, some months have gone by and one day satan started telling me I was wasting my life, especially wasting my college degree, babysitting this baby 40 hours a week for free. I sat down one day and figured out how much money I've forfeited and I got really depressed for a few days, but then I told the Lord I was doing this service for Him and I was sowing into His kingdom.

I kid you not, the NEXT day, I got a check in the mail for a substantial :praiseg-d: amount of money. That week I got three checks, all from companies that have no idea about anything going on in my personal life, for only $2 less than what I figured I had forfeited. Why $2 less and not the exact amount? I don't know, but I have to just rejoice anyway. Close enough, I say!!!! happy dance rofl :praiseg-d:

AMEN Delightful!!! AWESOME PRAIsE YWHW our FATHER who DELIGHTS in giving to us when we give our problems to Him to fix!!!!!!