Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
randomhit10

Asian Tsunami

do you remember when the first major tsunami in years hit south east asia?...so many people we caught unaware and died as a result?....i read an interesting news report about it the later the same day it happened....the report read something like this...the people in that area were celebrating the day of the dead....they would get up in the morning and get their house in order which would signifiy getting their life in order before they die....they would pray to the god of death and then they would go to the beach and wait for the god of death to come in on a wave....well, guess who God allowed to show up that day?....and many times since, lately.....

yes....i went back the next day to print the report and it was removed from the net....i looked everywhere and all the copies of the report had been removed....talk about "political correctness".....my wife read it also and she was shocked by it....but she said that they got what they prayed for....and i agree.

wow that is understandable. I heard that all the Christians were told they had to celebrate christmas on a hill that day (the first tsunami) and so they all were spared the destruction as they were banished to the mountain by the other religions. Makes sense if they were all on the beaches really ....thanks for that info.

i didn't know that about the Christians....but since God gave them what they prayed for He did spare the Christians....how cool is God?

Cholette wrote:
Do we really think GOD did that??

i think God gave them what they asked for....i have always heard to be careful what you pray for that God may just let you have what you want....and like Paul said everything is lawful but not everything is good for us....he is right....i have wanted some things i just knew would be good for my family although God would try to tell me it wasn't....but He would let me go try it so i could get it in my head Who knows best.....

The phrase "be careful what you pray for..." is a "saying"...not the Word of God. The reason why I asked the question is because God gets a bad rap for a lot of things that happen in this world...like natural disasters. We have adopted them as "acts of God" and I soooo don't believe that a God of Love would do that.

I understand the people were praying, but they were praying to the "god of death"...why aren't we saying that the enemy did this? Why do we say GOD Almighty did this? It's the devil that kills, steals and destroys. Jesus came to bring life and peace.

I'm not trying to debate this...I'm just sticking up for God right now.

Peace and blessings to you Randomhit10...no love loss!!

i don't blame this on God at all....He allows us free choice to do what we want....it is up to us to follow God....but sometimes He steps back and lets us have what we think we want....like those who prayed to the god of death....god did not condone the peoples choice of gods....but He did not interfere with the consequences of their actions....He has, i am sure, made His word know to a least some of them...had they heeded His call and message then they would have not met the end that they met....no, this was not God's fault or doing....if i sounded like i was blaming God fo this then i am sorry....it was not my intent at all...

Okay... I just want to make sure that anyone that reads this post doesn't get the idea that God goes around killing people for praying to other gods.

Serving the Lord is like being protected under an umbrella from the rain and the elements. If you are NOT under the umbrella...anything is possible...and it's not any doing of his...especially if He's already provided the umbrella.

flower

I'm really in between opinions at the moment. I mean God judged people in the old testament, like the Egyptians with plagues and disasters.......if God's word says He came to fulfill the law not to do away with it, then why would God's character change? He still punishes doesn't He? I mean I know the punishment was all in Christ but what of those out of Christ do they reap what they sow. As in if you sow sin, you reap judgement?

There is alot of teaching on grace and this is amazing, how God forgives, but I still think that there are consequences for action.

Sure there is grace......but can we take it for granted?

I'd love to think that God is not going to judge the world for its sin who have not turned to Jesus, but the word also says, spare the rod and spoil the child. When disaster strikes, it is amazing how some people get so scared they come back to God. Now I know that God's love draws people to repentance, but what about those whose hearts are so hardened (like the Eyptians) that they they will not listen but for the disasters that literally put the fear of God into people?

I love grace, but there has been so much abuse of grace in our churches that I feel we have forgotten the full gospel.

Like I said I do not know for certain, but this is where I am at at the moment.

When ever I have sinned, I have been amazed at how many people preach grace to me before repentance!!!!

When I went to hospital years ago with my gall bladder infected I cried to the nurses and got angry with myself for eating garbage all my adult years cause I knew this was what I had sown and I was reaping a sick body from it. The nurses kindly said to me "you're human", but I still lost my gall bladder. The truth was, if I had eaten healthily I would not have reaped what I had sown in bad food and would have reaped a healthy body that did not have to endure the pain and guilt of knowing that I had failed. It was the truth. If I had said "well God loves me and I am going to eat junk food all the time and expect a healthy body" most people would call me a fool. But this is exactly what I did.

Repercussions, there IS So much sin. Many are listening to the grace message and the love message and so forth, but what about the ones whose hearts are like rock!!!!??

I'm very passionate about this cause recently I was confronted with this very issue and more and more I am leaning towards a balance of grace and consquences for sin. If that makes sense.

I hope I have not offended anyone and sorry for getting on my soapbox

dove

God isn't judging the world right now...that doesn't happen until HE returns. What's happening now is "the wages of sin"...which is DEATH.

You were right to say that the judgment was put on CHrist...for GOD'S PEOPLE, but the world is dying because of their sins...not because God is doing it.

Your response is not offensive at all. Like I said before, I do NOT want God to continue to get the bad rap that he's getting. We can't say that GOD IS LOVE and then say that he's causing all of the disasters and killing people...it's the WAGES OF SIN...not God.

The body of Christ can believe what they want about God by saying he's doing this and doing that, but how do you offer God to the world by saying that He's in charge of killing people?

And do you think or imagine, O man, when you judge and condemn those who practice such things and yet do them yourself, that you will escape God's judgment and elude His sentence and adverse verdict? Or are you [so blind as to] trifle with and presume upon and despise and underestimate the wealth of His kindness and forbearance and long-suffering patience? Are you unmindful or actually ignorant [of the fact] that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repent (to change your mind and inner man to accept God's will)? But by your callous stubbornness and impenitence of heart you are storing up wrath and indignation for yourself on the day of wrath and indignation, when God's righteous judgment (just doom) will be revealed. (Romans 2:3-5 AMP)

As the last part of verse 5 says...there is A DAY OF WRATH when God's righteous judgment WILL BE revealed. It's not now...God is trying to get those who are NOT saved...saved.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Time 2:3-4)

I serve a God that is passionate about those who are saved and NOT saved. He created us all in His image. He's calling ALL who are not under the umbrella of his salvation to come and be protected. He's given all me the ability to choose and as it says in Deuteronomy 30...he prays that all would CHOOSE life...so that they won't suffer the wages of sin anymore.

Cholette wrote:
Okay... I just want to make sure that anyone that reads this post doesn't get the idea that God goes around killing people for praying to other gods.

Serving the Lord is like being protected under an umbrella from the rain and the elements. If you are NOT under the umbrella...anything is possible...and it's not any doing of his...especially if He's already provided the umbrella.

flower

This is so much exactly what I believe. I even think a step farther is that if we don't wait upon and hear from Him (taking time to listen to Him) that even then we get out from under the umbrella. He can't guide us if we are not stopping to hear from Him.

Delightful soul wrote:
I'm really in between opinions at the moment. I mean God judged people in the old testament, like the Egyptians with plagues and disasters.......if God's word says He came to fulfill the law not to do away with it, then why would God's character change? He still punishes doesn't He? I mean I know the punishment was all in Christ but what of those out of Christ do they reap what they sow. As in if you sow sin, you reap judgement?

There is alot of teaching on grace and this is amazing, how God forgives, but I still think that there are consequences for action.

Sure there is grace......but can we take it for granted?

I'd love to think that God is not going to judge the world for its sin who have not turned to Jesus, but the word also says, spare the rod and spoil the child. When disaster strikes, it is amazing how some people get so scared they come back to God. Now I know that God's love draws people to repentance, but what about those whose hearts are so hardened (like the Eyptians) that they they will not listen but for the disasters that literally put the fear of God into people?

I love grace, but there has been so much abuse of grace in our churches that I feel we have forgotten the full gospel.

Like I said I do not know for certain, but this is where I am at at the moment.

When ever I have sinned, I have been amazed at how many people preach grace to me before repentance!!!!

When I went to hospital years ago with my gall bladder infected I cried to the nurses and got angry with myself for eating garbage all my adult years cause I knew this was what I had sown and I was reaping a sick body from it. The nurses kindly said to me "you're human", but I still lost my gall bladder. The truth was, if I had eaten healthily I would not have reaped what I had sown in bad food and would have reaped a healthy body that did not have to endure the pain and guilt of knowing that I had failed. It was the truth. If I had said "well God loves me and I am going to eat junk food all the time and expect a healthy body" most people would call me a fool. But this is exactly what I did.

Repercussions, there IS So much sin. Many are listening to the grace message and the love message and so forth, but what about the ones whose hearts are like rock!!!!??

I'm very passionate about this cause recently I was confronted with this very issue and more and more I am leaning towards a balance of grace and consquences for sin. If that makes sense.

I hope I have not offended anyone and sorry for getting on my soapbox

dove

I believe that you also have a valid point. Think of Ananais and Sapphira. After the age of grace and Jesus' resurrection they died as a result of lying to the Holy Spirit.

Cholette wrote:
God isn't judging the world right now...that doesn't happen until HE returns. What's happening now is "the wages of sin"...which is DEATH.

You were right to say that the judgment was put on CHrist...for GOD'S PEOPLE, but the world is dying because of their sins...not because God is doing it.

Your response is not offensive at all. Like I said before, I do NOT want God to continue to get the bad rap that he's getting. We can't say that GOD IS LOVE and then say that he's causing all of the disasters and killing people...it's the WAGES OF SIN...not God.

The body of Christ can believe what they want about God by saying he's doing this and doing that, but how do you offer God to the world by saying that He's in charge of killing people?

And do you think or imagine, O man, when you judge and condemn those who practice such things and yet do them yourself, that you will escape God's judgment and elude His sentence and adverse verdict? Or are you [so blind as to] trifle with and presume upon and despise and underestimate the wealth of His kindness and forbearance and long-suffering patience? Are you unmindful or actually ignorant [of the fact] that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repent (to change your mind and inner man to accept God's will)? But by your callous stubbornness and impenitence of heart you are storing up wrath and indignation for yourself on the day of wrath and indignation, when God's righteous judgment (just doom) will be revealed. (Romans 2:3-5 AMP)

As the last part of verse 5 says...there is A DAY OF WRATH when God's righteous judgment WILL BE revealed. It's not now...God is trying to get those who are NOT saved...saved.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Time 2:3-4)

I serve a God that is passionate about those who are saved and NOT saved. He created us all in His image. He's calling ALL who are not under the umbrella of his salvation to come and be protected. He's given all me the ability to choose and as it says in Deuteronomy 30...he prays that all would CHOOSE life...so that they won't suffer the wages of sin anymore.

You are both saying the same thing with different words. People suffer the consequences of their actions.

I can so appreciate everything that you are saying, Mia,...God is God. He cannot be mocked, He knows sincerity or not, He knows the future. God is the God of grace, and yet still, there is something to the "fear" of God. To me, the "fear" of God, is once you have experienced walking outside of His will, and the place that it can take you.

I am open to learning from Him, He is glorious, and we simply cannot and should not try to put Him in a box. Praise the Father of us, and Lord help us recieve your full truth always. amen