Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hiskid

holiday gifts

We received some gifts clothes/ bedding from family who dont like me and are involved in occult stuff cant return it but should I pray over it before using it?

dont want to sound like a nut here but I just want to be cautious

Def. pray over it!! Why would someone who doesn't like you and are involved in the occult give you stuff?! It's not innocent what they did. They prob. put a curse on the stuff.

it was for Christmas and they are the in laws
flower I am going to get some olive oil and pray over and annoint the kids things before they use them!

Amen! Greater is He that is in you and your family than he that is in those clothes! Stand in your authority. I just left this scripture for another member but I think it applies here as well Psalm 27:1-2 -

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

flower one of mi fav speakers john arrnot says'' get urself a smaller devil ,an a bigger god, '' lol! D,,full thottle

Thanks D he is right I saw a video of a child who went to heaven and came back and he said Jesus is huge!

The enemy is only as alive as you make him. If we truly believe that he's been stripped of all of his power and the scripture that D shared about how greater God is in us than anyone in the world, then no matter who gave you those gifts, no harm can come nigh your dwelling.

[God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross]. (Col 2:15 AMP)

The scripture I heard when I read your post HK was..."When a man’s ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him". (Proverbs 16:7)

I say, accept the gifts and move on with your life...Psalm 91 says you can. flower

I agree with Cholette, we have to remember Whose we are and what we've inherited.

I know of a deliverance minister who gave away an asset of his because he believed someone had cursed it....seriously???? sigh i dunno sigh

i kno ur serious, ,,but,, r u serious,, ,,even werse seein he wasa delivrance minista?? daanng,, ,, u kno wat im sayin,, lol!

I agree that no weapon formed against you will prosper and that includes clothing and gifts. If you feel better pray over them with a blessing and don't forget to bless the giver. No harm to pray over them and it may put your mind at ease.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Lola,

I have heard of people doing that also. What they fail to realize is that all blessings are from the Lord! Good post!