Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nina

the book "The shack"

Hi,
My step mother offered me the shack i red it all in 2 days.The book was so interesting! What about U ? Have you red it?

I loved it Nina. Many people (Christians) had negative things to say about it, but I absolutely loved it. It was out-of-the-box and there was a freedom to it...which I loved.

Many were caught up with the characters and they way he described them. I helped me and gave me a sense that God is EVERYBODY. He's awesome and omnipotent, yet we are made in His image and He is a part of us.

I was disappointed in the ending, but the book as a whole was wonderful, in my opinion.

flower

yeah I have seen many negative comments, that to me was superficial and sometimes religious. Like would God show himself as a black fat mama duh I can't believe that is all people could keep from the book. It really inspired me to get to know God more and believe in wants my best and truely love me.
Why were you disappointed at the end??

Without giving it away...The book brought me to this high and then to only let me down with where the story came from. I hope I make sense because I'm trying to be discreet, just in case someone here hasn't read it.

I read the book and enjoyed it..yet I am sound in my relationship with Christ. I believe God is using this book in a lot of ways but one of the best things about it is that a lot of us have grown up without a real role model to know what real love is suppose to be, to look like, to be lived. I believe this book reaches out to reveal that love.

My concern of the book is that My beloved Christ and the significance of Christ isn't shared....but God willing the book is a step in the right direction, as LOVE and the ability to forgive are manditory to walking in the Light of Christ.
The Word tells us that If we walk in His word, we will know the truth and the truth will set us free. Clearly there is one way unto the Father, it is the Christ Jesus.
I am the Way the Truth and the Life and no man cometh unto the Father but by Me. It was a good read!!!

I have a relative through marriage who used to be a stripper and a lesbian. She is now married and a mother, and I hear she's taking steps toward the Lord. The Shack was able to reach her and answer questions she's pondered a long time.

When I read the book several years ago I couldn't find anything in the book that was unscriptural, untraditional yes, unscriptural, no. I think the book does a good job explaining how God COULD explain the reasons He allows bad things to happen to us but we would still be asking, "Why?" Like Stephen Curtis Chapman says in one of his songs, "God is God and I am not."

I agree Deborah :)Nothing can replace the word of God but it can help people relate at some point.

Amen Nina and Deborah....A step in the right direction is a good thing...learning about love and forgiveness is a good thing...