Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BelovedoftheLord

Is there such a thing as "spirit husband/wife"?

I have heard a lot of people talk about what they refer to as spirit husbands and wives. What is that? Are there scriptures that support this concept. I have seen a couple of references to this somewhere in this forum as well.

Huh? I haven't heard of that at all... unless it's someone the Lord has picked out for you to marry...this is new to me..

Thanks for responding Daph. From what i have heard it is an evil spirit that attaches itself to a person and becomes their spouse and its usually inherited or a door opened for it or something to that effect. Someone mentioned on the site that if have sexual dreams then its a sure sign of the presence of such a spirit. This spirit also brings with it a lot of marital turbulence coz its trying to get rid of the physical spouse!

I wondered coz i have had some sexually themed dreams and im currently going thru some challenges in my marriage. Nothing i have read has me convinced though and i just thought id ask u guys scratching chin

Ive never heard of that..I have heard of lust though. I know that people can have lustful spirits attached to them. That sounds similar to what you were describing but spirit husbands/wives aren't biblical.

Hi that`s a great question to post!!!

I have come up with that issue too. I do know that someone gave me there bibilical reason for spirit spouse and husband, this is not my theory by the way, but I wanted to post it up. This person is a well known Christian he gives the explanation that in Genesis 6 1-5. The sons of God, aka the fallen angels. That would explain the issue of spirit spouse or sex in the dream, and cancelling it in Jesus name. It could be overspiritualized because the bible doesn`t mention it that they came in a dream nor anything about spirit husband- wife.

I also looked up other scriptures about spirit spouse issue in Job 2:1, Job 38:7 2 peter 2:4
The bible says they have been bound to hell paraphrasing according to 2 Peter 2:4. I believe the issue does have to do with Lust or maybe sexual sin anytime brought up in the dream

Stay blessed

P.S Daph I love your post about finding your future husband through Dreams and Visions ! Thank you for posting it.

Oh you mean the spirit of succubus and Incubus. Yes they are spirits that come to you in the middle of the night. I have had them come to me......they are not of the Lord I assure you. They are suducing spirits and they try to rape you when you sleep. If they come to you plead the blood of Jesus and call on his name and if they prevent you from speaking say it over and over in your thoughts. The Lord will come to defend you.

God bless,

Connie

Thanks for your replies. Needless to say im shocked Connie i have never heard of these succubus spirits you r talking about. Was it a dream or like a physical manifestation? I have never experienced that although sometimes i get the feeling that there is someone/thing lying in between hubby and I on the bed.

Aemilk, thanks for the scriptures, i will continue to meditate on these and seek understanding from the Holy Spirit about this.

BelovedoftheLord, yes yes yes there are spirit husbands and spirit wives. These are very very dangerous evil spirits, once they have sex with you in the dream you belong to them (a covenant is made b/w you and that spirit) and henceforth your marriage or any other relationship you try in the physical will never work. They rob you even of your finances and they make sure your life is miserable. You should learn some spiritual warfare and get to know how to fight these spirits. Before anything happens in the physical it has happened in spiritual realm and that is why we are always advised to wake up at the midnight hour and cry to God and cancel all the work that the evil spirits are planning against God's people. These evil spirits are very busy from midnight to 3.00 a.m. invoking curses on God's people (woe unto the sleeping Christian!) God bless you.

Thanks for the bible verses, I was familiar with Genesis 6. I agree though, I wonder how much of this is overspiritualization because those other verses don't (to me) relate to the concept of a spirit spouse.

Don't get me wrong, I have friends who have had to deal with a spirit spouse but I wonder if they were really dealing with Incubus/Succubus who are more established/well known demons identified in demonology..... scratching chin

But a red flag goes up for me when others state that when you dream of sex in a dream, that's a definitive sign of a spirit spouse - especially when it is suggested that the spirit spouse will even appear as one's spouse in the dream. If I'm happily married and have a dream about my spouse and I making love, I personally think that it borders on blasphemy to automatically connect that dream to demons. Let's not forget that sex is a gift from God to be enjoyed within the parameters of marriage, so to suggest that sex dreams are always demonic isn't appropriate - let Him be glorified, not Satan.

My concern with this area is that it is easy to move into "demon creep", labeling things as demonic when they're not and adding things to scripture that aren't there. Spiritual warfare is real and the devil shouldn't be underestimated but we have to move in this area in lockstep with the Holy Spirit and under the direction of the Bible. It is very important that we have a spirit of discernment when dealing with the demons but we also have to have a spirit of discernment when dealing with the teachings of warfare.

2 Peter 2:1-3
Destructive Doctrines
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does[a] not slumber.

Please see this topic on this ministries' stance regarding outside ministries:

/t2216-more-rules-and-guidelines

I have removed a post from today in this thread that directed viewers to another ministry. This is not to be taken as judgement against any ministry. To quote specifically from these rules:

daphanie02 wrote:
When we began this ministry a chief thing the Lord spoke to us was to avoid name dropping. The Lord purposely prevented us from leading people to ministries that we believe in because people are judgmental. His leading was for to us to stand or fall based on our merits because people would judge our ministry based on those who we associate or recommend.

Blessings,
-Mark

We, the children of the Most High King are spirit beings, that live in a body and have a soul. As born again believers, we are the BRIDE of CHRIST (Not shouting, just emphasizing), the SPOUSE of Christ.

Now sexually deviant demonic spirits might be tormenting the souls of believers, but they will never be the "spirit" husband/wife of any believer. Tormentors of their Christian souls? ...Definitely possible. But spirit spouse to any believer, tommy rot and hogwash.

The devil has a family, with children and he is the father of it. John 8:44. Demons who work through sexual activity can and do torment the spirtits of those who are a part of their family. And nonbelievers are part and parcel of the family of wickedness. So if unbelievers want to say that they have a demon as a "spirit spouse", so be it. Their spirits belong to the evil one.

As far as the Genesis 6 scriptures, used to support the "spirit spouse" teaching, I’ve heard teachings on it, but I choose not to agree with it.

I choose to believe that the “sons of God”, Ge.6:2 refers to the godly descendents of Seth (Seth's godliness mentioned in Ge 4:25,26) And the daughters of men, Ge.6:2 refers to the ungodly, but beautiful descendents of the ungodly line of Cain, or the Cainites. Ge.6:4 talks about their offspring being “Nephilim (bully, tyrant, giant ) and mighty men”. (Seth and his descendents represent God and godliness. Cain and his descendents represent man and ungodliness.)

In today’s world, people still have children of unnatural height without having “relations” with demons. So I see no reason to believe the giant offspring were being born due to demonic relations here in chapter 6.

All that being said, demons whose main job is to pervert the sexual act that was created for husband and wife, CAN torment the "souls" of Christians, but cannot be married, or spouses of, the Bride of Christ.

One wonderful thing though, when a sinner becomes born again, they are dead to the old spouse and become espoused to Christ. They can’t even become a part of the bride of Christ without the former spouse dying first. Rom 7:1-6

Blessings of Grace and Peace.

This is very interesting and good information. Does soul ties come into play with this also?

Josephine wrote:
BelovedoftheLord, yes yes yes there are spirit husbands and spirit wives. These are very very dangerous evil spirits, once they have sex with you in the dream you belong to them (a covenant is made b/w you and that spirit) and henceforth your marriage or any other relationship you try in the physical will never work. They rob you even of your finances and they make sure your life is miserable. You should learn some spiritual warfare and get to know how to fight these spirits. Before anything happens in the physical it has happened in spiritual realm and that is why we are always advised to wake up at the midnight hour and cry to God and cancel all the work that the evil spirits are planning against God's people. These evil spirits are very busy from midnight to 3.00 a.m. invoking curses on God's people (woe unto the sleeping Christian!)  God bless you.

SOUNDS like satanism to me and selling one's self to the enemy

lola21st wrote:
But a red flag goes up for me when others state that when you dream of sex in a dream, that's a definitive sign of a spirit spouse - especially when it is suggested that the spirit spouse will even appear as one's spouse in the dream. If I'm happily married and have a dream about my spouse and I making love, I personally think that it borders on blasphemy to automatically connect that dream to demons. Let's not forget that sex is a gift from God to be enjoyed within the parameters of marriage, so to suggest that sex dreams are always demonic isn't appropriate - let Him be glorified, not Satan.

My concern with this area is that it is easy to move into "demon creep", labeling things as demonic when they're not and adding things to scripture that aren't there. Spiritual warfare is real and the devil shouldn't be underestimated but we have to move in this area in lockstep with the Holy Spirit and under the direction of the Bible. It is very important that we have a spirit of discernment when dealing with the demons but we also have to have a spirit of discernment when dealing with the teachings of warfare.

Amen, I agree.
MANY sex dreams are about KNOWING or coming into AGREEMENT with something and have absolutely nothing to do with demons or anything wrong. In the bible Adam KNEW his wife... so symbolically, sex in dreams often speaks of getting to a place of 'knowing' something. What that something is depends on what the person you're having sex with symbolises.